Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Geography Questions

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Markustay Posted - 07 Dec 2010 : 22:07:14
What else would I be asking?

I just installed the 'big update' for the FRIA (all files at once, rather then separately), and I'm not sure if something went wrong or what.

There a slew of unnamed locales in the Marsh of Chelimber, and a few in the High Moor - is that right? What are they supposed to be?

Also, what the heck is with the 'realm' of Naramyr just south of Cormyr?

Is that a Sea-Realm from the Lake of Dragons?*

Also... 'Sheeland'?!

That one appears to take the place of Sunset Vale - whats going on?

I think installing the update left me more confused then ever.

*Answered my own question on this one - its in SoFS, but the name only appears on the overview map, not the more detailed ones (which is weird). Found the lore for it as well - nice how they kept the consistency of the Elven tongue in the naming conventions - Kudos to Steven Schend.
14   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Thauramarth Posted - 14 Dec 2010 : 07:25:32
quote:
Originally posted by Wenin

I'm sorry..... there has been a 4E release for Forgotten Realms Interactive Atlas??? FRIA?

Nah. MarkusTay was referring to the three updates/patches that came out (a long, long time ago) for the original FRIA.
Snowblood Posted - 14 Dec 2010 : 05:31:49
If you want a map for the city there is one in the Siluvanede PDF you could use if you want....
Alystra Illianniis Posted - 14 Dec 2010 : 05:09:07
Ah! Thanks guys! I have been looking for it because a PC of mine has been invited there to help reclaim the city along with his mate and family.
Wenin Posted - 14 Dec 2010 : 04:56:43
I'm sorry..... there has been a 4E release for Forgotten Realms Interactive Atlas??? FRIA?
Ayrik Posted - 11 Dec 2010 : 21:29:48
quote:
Alystra Illianniis

... anyone know where Lothen is/was? Please give a hint as to what region/map it's in, preferably with the nearest major landmark or city. Even narrowing down the area (Sword Coast North near Luskan, or whatever) would help!
Lothen of the Silver Spires is an ancient elven ruin in the High Forest, southwest of the Lost Peaks, southeast of Winterhaven, along the River Dennarin (I can't quite make out the river's name) - you'll see it on the bottom edge of this map.
It is also (after the destruction of Ascalhorn/Hellgate Keep) used as a hidden lair by Sarya Dlardrageth (and the remnants of Houses Dlardrageth, Aelorothi, and Floshin) so it's positively swarming with fey'ri, daemonfey, and tanar'ri fiends.
Snowblood Posted - 11 Dec 2010 : 10:16:19
western central edge of high forest on river out of mountains look up my Siluvanede booklet for its location.....
Snowblood Posted - 11 Dec 2010 : 10:15:40
western central edge of high forest on river out of mountains
Alystra Illianniis Posted - 11 Dec 2010 : 09:10:15
Since we're talking about geography, and I'm going cross-eyed hunting for it on a map- anyone know where Lothen is/was? Please give a hint as to what region/map it's in, preferably with the nearest major landmark or city. Even narrowing down the area (Sword Coast North near Luskan, or whatever) would help!
The Sage Posted - 08 Dec 2010 : 00:03:32
quote:
Originally posted by Markustay

Here's another - Whats Seat of Bane?
Its just south of the Moonsea, in the forest, between Hillsfar and Zhentil Keep.

Hmmm. That sounds familiar... like something I've only just recently looked up. I'm thinking Ruins of Zhentil Keep, but I'd have to check to be sure.
Faraer Posted - 08 Dec 2010 : 00:01:06
I'm not sure what it is, but that Seat of Bane is marked in the print Realms atlas on p. 99, along with a few other places not described elsewhere.
Markustay Posted - 07 Dec 2010 : 23:38:24
quote:
Originally posted by Arik

I might be mistaken, but a quick glance over the maps suggests that much of the Savage Frontier (the area generally north/west of Cormyr and the Anauroch) has been rather mixed up by the Spellplague. It could just be that my maps are not very accurate.
Eacxh edition change drastically altered the maps.

The least drastic was 1e-2e (more an 'additive' thing then a alteration), and the most drastic was 2e-3e (which, believe it or not, was worse then 3e-4e). The only thing that makes the 4e changes appear worse is the abysmal map.

@Faraer - I seem to recall that now, but I believe it is mentioned elsewhere - thanks.

thanks everyone who has responded as well.

Here's another - Whats Seat of Bane?
Its just south of the Moonsea, in the forest, between Hillsfar and Zhentil Keep.
Thauramarth Posted - 07 Dec 2010 : 23:01:26
quote:
Originally posted by Markustay

There a slew of unnamed locales in the Marsh of Chelimber, and a few in the High Moor - is that right? What are they supposed to be?

The locales in the Marsh of Chelimber are ruined keeps that were brought down by the expansion of the Marsh. Not sure about the locations in the High Moor (we're talking about the Mooredge Keeps, along the southern edge of the Moor, right?). I'd speculate that they are watchtowers set up by the southern cities to watch out for trolls and other scum coming down from the moor.
Ayrik Posted - 07 Dec 2010 : 22:29:45
I might be mistaken, but a quick glance over the maps suggests that much of the Savage Frontier (the area generally north/west of Cormyr and the Anauroch) has been rather mixed up by the Spellplague. It could just be that my maps are not very accurate.
Faraer Posted - 07 Dec 2010 : 22:16:45
Demihuman Deities p. 173: 'Of late, many of the younger halflings of the Sunset Vale have begun to speak of founding a halfling realm, Sheeland, with the Honored Mother as its first queen.'

I don't have the atlas installed on this computer to check the other locations.

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000