Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Your Guinness Book

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Dennis Posted - 20 Oct 2010 : 08:14:04

If you were to write a Guinness-like Book of Realms Records, what entries would you include?

Here's my (short, uncategorized) list:

Richest Realm – Waterdeep
Toughest Hide - Malik's
Sexiest Woman – The Simbul
Oldest Mage – Elminster
Oldest Undead – The Teraseer
Ugliest Creature – The Malaugrym
Most Powerful Being – Larloch
Highest Note – The Srinshee (G10)
Longest Note – Pharaun Mizzrym (35 seconds in G7; that shout – which I'd like to call a musical note – in Annihilation.)
Most Fortified Realm – Shade Enclave
Longest Tongue (human) – Cyric (I always think of him as a serpent when he was still a human.)
Greatest Undead Invention – Dream Vestige
Most Livable Realm – Aglarond
Least Livable Realm – Thay (unless you want to be a fodder to undead, of course)
Most Ingenuis Artifact - The Nether Scrolls
Greatest Inventor – Iaoulum
Craziest Archwizard – Karsus
Greatest Empire of All Time – Netheril
Most Number of Shoes – Lady Polaris
Most Powerful Spell – (Oh, wait, I have to ask Larloch first....)
Stinkiest Man – (excluding beggars) Malik
Giant with the Lowest IQ – Aril
Wisest Man Alive – Elminster
Most Expensive Coronation Gown – Szass Tam (With all those diamonds and other gems!)
Most Number of Rings – Lallara
Coldest Body (human) – The Ice Queen
Smartest Dragon – Brimstone
Bloodiest Civil War – Thay
Most Intelligent Man – The Sojourner (Ironically, he had the most stupid pets of all time.)

...More to follow...and perhaps categorized (if I have time).
30   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Dennis Posted - 31 Oct 2010 : 16:34:12

Fastest Spellcasters - phaerimm
Most Complex Language - phaerimm
Most Obstinate Empire - Imaskar
Dennis Posted - 31 Oct 2010 : 05:25:29
quote:

Originally posted by Alystra Illianniis

And you ought to give that one a try, dennis. Even if you're not a fan of the dark elf guy, his sort of Legolas/Gimli relationship with Bruenor is certainly entertaining. And the story is great on its own merits, too. Back before Drizzt became over-used....

Hmm, I can't really promise. But I might give it a try in some distant unknown future... The fact that it's still in my library (as opposed to some that I read and threw immediately, Pool of Darkness being the prime example) already speaks of the possibility that I'll deign read it.
Dracons Posted - 30 Oct 2010 : 22:36:02
Twinkle is just a gay word for skinny thin man, much like a bear is big and hairy man.
Alystra Illianniis Posted - 30 Oct 2010 : 22:17:55
Side note- sorry about using that little g word earlier. Don't mean it in an offensive way- more like the cheap, cheesy, meaning dennis described. My bad....

And you ought to give that one a try, dennis. Even if you're not a fan of the dark elf guy, his sort of Legolas/Gimli relationship with Bruenor is certainly entertaining. And the story is great on its own merits, too. Back before Drizzt became over-used....
Dennis Posted - 30 Oct 2010 : 10:48:14
quote:

He was the big red that Drizzt first ran across (in living form) in Exile, then Jarlaxle "killed" him in one of his books (sorry, can't remember which one that was- Servant of the Shard, I think), and then he combined with the Crystal Shard (when he died, due to the Spellplague) in The Ghost King. Was so powerful, Cadderly had to sacrifice himself- AGAIN, and only with Denier's aid/power- to contain him, because the combined might of him, Danica, Drizzt, Bruenor, Jarlaxle, Athrogate, Pikel and Ivan Bouldershoulder, and every other priest and monk in Spirit Soariing COULD NOT DESTROY HIM. So now Cadderly is a "ghost" who has to forever keep drawing a containment circle around the ruins of his temple to keep the darn dracolich from loosing more of those Shadowfell creatures and undead that were plaguing that entire region.

And yeah, I like the actual name of that weapon FAR better.

More contenders for Most Cliched Weapon Name: Taulmaril/Heartseeker Also Ryld's sword Splitter

That explains why I didn't know a thing about him. I don't read Drizzt novels. I saw and bought a copy of Streams of Silverfrom a Booksale branch, hoping that I might by some divine or supernatural intervention have the inclination to read it - at the very least the first three chapters. Unfortunately such divine intervention never appeared, so the book has been lying on my shelf for over a year now.
Alystra Illianniis Posted - 30 Oct 2010 : 08:21:38
He was the big red that Drizzt first ran across (in living form) in Exile, then Jarlaxle "killed" him in one of his books (sorry, can't remember which one that was- Servant of the Shard, I think), and then he combined with the Crystal Shard (when he died, due to the Spellplague) in The Ghost King. Was so powerful, Cadderly had to sacrifice himself- AGAIN, and only with Denier's aid/power- to contain him, because the combined might of him, Danica, Drizzt, Bruenor, Jarlaxle, Athrogate, Pikel and Ivan Bouldershoulder, and every other priest and monk in Spirit Soariing COULD NOT DESTROY HIM. So now Cadderly is a "ghost" who has to forever keep drawing a containment circle around the ruins of his temple to keep the darn dracolich from loosing more of those Shadowfell creatures and undead that were plaguing that entire region.

And yeah, I like the actual name of that weapon FAR better.

More contenders for Most Cliched Weapon Name: Taulmaril/Heartseeker Also Ryld's sword Splitter
Dennis Posted - 30 Oct 2010 : 08:06:53
quote:
Originally posted by Sandro

quote:
Most Cliched Weapon Name: Cutter

That being a Common translation of the much more sinister Khazid'hea, of course.

What's that? Japanese for kitchen knife?
Dennis Posted - 30 Oct 2010 : 08:03:29
quote:

Most Powerful Dracolich- shouldn't that be Hephaestus(Sorry, can't remember his "REAL" name...) He DID fuse with Crinshinibon, after all.

Hmm, I don't know him/her. In which novel/s did s/he appear? The only dracoliches I know who are powerful enough to remember are Malygris (now Telamont's pet) and Zethrindor from YoRD.

quote:
Dumbest Weapon Name: Twinkle/Icingdeath (I mean really, one's gay, the other sounds like a desert-lover's worst nightmare...

I don't know, but it (gay) may appear discriminatory to some. Some of my gay friends hate it when people use the word 'gay' to refer to things/events that are tasteless, cheap, undesirable. I'm gay but I have no problem with it. I myself use it occasionally. But there might be some here at the 'Keep who are senstive enough, you know!
Sandro Posted - 30 Oct 2010 : 07:51:39
quote:

That being a Common translation of the much more sinister Khazid'hea, of course.
Alystra Illianniis Posted - 30 Oct 2010 : 07:37:32
Most Powerful Dracolich- shouldn't that be Hephaestus(Sorry, can't remember his "REAL" name...) He DID fuse with Crinshinibon, after all.

Dumbest Weapon Name: Twinkle/Icingdeath (I mean really, one's gay, the other sounds like a desert-lover's worst nightmare...)
Coolest Weapon Name: Charon's Claw
Dennis Posted - 30 Oct 2010 : 07:17:15

Most Gullible Hulorn - Tamlin
Most Powerful Dracolich - Zethrindor
Most Brilliant Military Tactician - Lamorak Tanthul
Alystra Illianniis Posted - 30 Oct 2010 : 00:46:47
Most Chaotic Character: Jarlaxle
Most Lethal Fighter: Artemis/Drizzt (tie- never been decided)
Biggest Ego: Manshoon
Nastiest King: Obould
Sweetest Character: Olive Ruskettle
Most Disturbed Elf: Ellifain
Dennis Posted - 29 Oct 2010 : 15:58:32
quote:
Originally posted by Dracons

quote:
Originally posted by ZireaelOldest God: Shar & Selune

Wrong.... AO is older.

Nope. Ed is.

quote:
Originally posted by Bladewind

A bit of searching lead me to an interesting find for the largest dead magic zone. It's within a city!

Tantras' northern quarter has a 400 acres of land envoloped in a dead magic zone. The battle between Bane and Torm that took placec there involved raw magic so powerfull it tore at the weave. Tantras north quarter has become a haven for those that try to outrun angered mages.

The Moon Shae isle of Caerwich houses a cave thats devoid of magic, not sure how big it would be.

Thanks, Bladewind. Having read Tantras, I suspected as much. I asked Ed this, but he was (and still is) too busy to answer.
Bladewind Posted - 29 Oct 2010 : 14:35:53
A bit of searching lead me to an interesting find for the largest dead magic zone. It's within a city!

Tantras' northern quarter has a 400 acres of land envoloped in a dead magic zone. The battle between Bane and Torm that took placec there involved raw magic so powerfull it tore at the weave. Tantras north quarter has become a haven for those that try to outrun angered mages.

The Moon Shae isle of Caerwich houses a cave thats devoid of magic, not sure how big it would be.
Dracons Posted - 29 Oct 2010 : 14:24:55
quote:
Originally posted by ZireaelOldest God: Shar & Selune

Wrong.... AO is older.
Zireael Posted - 29 Oct 2010 : 13:56:45
Most Evil Elf: (Tie) Kymil Nimesin & Elaith Craulnober
Most Annoying Drow: Drizzt
Oldest Drow: Yvonnel Baenre
Most Dedicated Drow: Sos'Umptu Baenre
Most Beautiful Fiend: Aliisza
Couple Doomed For Most Stupid Reason: Ryld & Halisstra
Most Good Drow: Qilue Veladorn
Oldest God: Shar & Selune
Most Powerful Females: Seven Sisters
Most Grim Archmage: Khelben Arunsun
Most Foul River: River Boareskyr
Smartest Avatar: Mask

EDIT: Darkest Realm: Underdark
Dennis Posted - 29 Oct 2010 : 13:31:00
It's an interesting list, Bladewind.

Is there Largest Dead Magic Zone?
Bladewind Posted - 29 Oct 2010 : 12:01:47
The geographical records I like best! Fearuns locales are characters in their own right, so evocative I really want to go there with my challenge seeking heroes.

Highest mountains: the slender Star Mounts (highest single mountain peak over 10 miles high), the massive Yehimal (highest mountian range averaging 9 miles)
Deepest pit: The Great Rift (miles deep valley), Chaulssin the Howling Abyss (17 miles deep)
Greatest forest: The High Forest (500 sq miles)
Largest river: the Dessarin in the Delimbyr Valley (from the Spine o/t World to the Ardeep estuary around 800 miles long)
Longest glacier: the Great Glacier (600 miles long)
Largest waterfall: the river Shaar Falls (broadest, over the Great Rift), the Unicorn Run (most numerous waterfalls), Salban Falls (river Salban in eastern Thindol)
Biggest desert: the Anauroch (1200 sq miles)
Biggest seacliffs: the Mistcliff (Chult, about a mile higher than sealevel at points)
Biggest Island: Evermeet
Biggest Archipelago: the Moon Shae Isles

Dennis Posted - 29 Oct 2010 : 05:31:02
quote:
Originally posted by Galuf the Dwarf

Most Infamous Evil-aligned Arcane Spellcaster: Manshoon

I think 'tis Larloch.

quote:
Originally posted by Galuf the Dwarf

World's Most Annoying Undead: Korax the Ghoul

Galuf the Dwarf Posted - 29 Oct 2010 : 05:04:09
Most Dangerous Magical Artifact: Sphere of Annihilation
Best-dressed Dwarf: Fredegar Rockcrusher
Most Eloquent Dwarf: King Emerus Warcrown
Most Fierce Dwarf Ruler in Combat: Bruenor Battlehammer
Most Fierce Dwarf Warrior of All: Thibbledorf Pwent
Most Stern Dwarf Ruler: King Harbromm
Most Famous Good-aligned Arcane Spellcaster: Elminster
Most Infamous Evil-aligned Arcane Spellcaster: Manshoon
Most Unpredictable Character: Halaster Blackcloak
World's Most Annoying Undead: Korax the Ghoul
Most Bloodthirsty Individual: Sarevok Anchev
Most Unique Villain: (Tie) Elaith Craulnober and Larloch
World's Worst Event: Karsus' Folly
Dennis Posted - 29 Oct 2010 : 03:21:17
Most Powerful Binding Spell – the one used by Telamont and his servants in imprisoning Mephistopheles, which utilized the archwizards' magic and the magic of Shade Enclave itself (name: unknown)

Most Puissant Spell-Barrier – the Imaskaran Godswall

Dracons Posted - 29 Oct 2010 : 03:00:15
quote:
Originally posted by dennis

If you were to write a Guinness-like Book of Realms Records, what entries would you include?

Oldest Mage – Elminster

Your joking, right? He isn't the oldest living mage.
Dennis Posted - 22 Oct 2010 : 01:48:50
quote:
Originally posted by Arik

Kelemvor spelled sdrawkcab would be "Rovmelek" which sounds much more menacing, no?

A little. You might want to suggest that to Ed.
Ayrik Posted - 22 Oct 2010 : 01:31:49
Kelemvor spelled sdrawkcab would be "Rovmelek" which sounds much more menacing, no?

Best Evil Henchman - Hadhrune
Best Evil Henchwoman (?) - Scyllua Darkhope
Best Evil Thug - Tsagoth
Dennis Posted - 22 Oct 2010 : 01:17:54

Greatest Inventor of Undead - Xingax
Worst Avatar - Bhaal
Most Inappropriate Name - Kelemvor (It sounds too 'gentle' for a god of death.)
Most Emo Dragon - Furlinastis
Ayrik Posted - 22 Oct 2010 : 00:44:36
Humans laugh. Elves giggle. Dwarves merely issue forth a grunting grim chuckle.

Er, uh, topic ...
Number of Stairs in the Infinite Staircase: Infinite
Dennis Posted - 21 Oct 2010 : 21:26:49
quote:

Most Annoying Laugh- Athrogate (I'm sorry, he just sees like he'd irritate the Hells out of people...)

I think all dwarves have annoying laugh. And I am not just saying that because I am not fond of them. They simply have, or seem to.
Alystra Illianniis Posted - 21 Oct 2010 : 21:00:51
Most Annoying Laugh- Athrogate (I'm sorry, he just sees like he'd irritate the Hells out of people...)
Dennis Posted - 21 Oct 2010 : 20:49:48
quote:

Originally posted by Arik:

But you can't take away the orc's lust for battle, he is born to be strong and prey on the weak - raiding and raping, looting and marauding, pillage and plunder are in his blood, try as he might he can never deny it because orcs are iconic. Orc numbers are legion, orc evil is legend.

Their 'change of heart,' so to speak, can be attributed to evolution. Heh, doesn't really matter to me. If I were to write a story that involves bloodlust, I'd rather use demons and some demented humans.

Anyway, back to the topic:

Most Ridiculous Name (Coupled with Most Ridiculous Human Being) – Sunbright Steelshanks
Greatest Agriculturist – Candlemas
Sexiest Goddess – Shar and Mystra
Most Detailed History – Cormyr
Most Destructive Return – Shade Enclave
Least Irritating Elf – The Srinshee

Quale Posted - 21 Oct 2010 : 16:03:47
I agree about about orcs, to me they are almost demons

but wait til Markus sees your post

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000