Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Dice

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Trafaldi Posted - 25 Sep 2003 : 14:35:21
Dice are getting more and more expensive now and you get less and less. "I am not advertising, just informing." those who are low on dice and need more go to www.chessex.com they have something that i recently ordered it is the Pound-0-Dice and it is a pound of mixed dice (d4, d6, d10, d12, d20, and d30) there is just a random mixture in this pound of dice. I also bought a huge battle mat and it is great for games it is vinyl so you can use wet erase markers (Crayola window markers work great) for those who need dice or mats I would suggest calling chessex.

12   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
zhentar reborn Posted - 01 Oct 2003 : 05:33:30
I have the original 6 red and green dice that came with the old basic D&D red box set years and years ago. The dice that came with a white crayon so you could rub wax into the numbers on the die faces. They are worn, they definately show their age, the d20 is basically a perfect sphere now, but I wouldn't throw them out for nothing. There are a lot of hard fights that were won with those dice. They are basically retired now. Put out to pasture in favor of several sets of snazzy clear, multi-colored dice. But I still bring out the old veterans when it really counts, I'd like to think they make a difference. It's kinda like the movie Caddyshack when Shmails pulls out his never-miss putter the 'Ol Billy-BaRue.

Sorry for the sentiment but if you want good rolls remember: "Honor thy Dice."
William of Waterdeep Posted - 29 Sep 2003 : 16:04:23
I have a question!! I have dice that came with collectors edition
pc games.Will they ever be worth anything by themselves or just has
a whole package eg(IWD2 Collectors ed.)They have never been taken out
of the plastic tube.
Trafaldi Posted - 29 Sep 2003 : 15:24:23
You get a bunch of people playing and none of them have dice, you lose dice faster than enchanted horse shoes will carry you, its always nice to have dice. When the luck runs out of a die and you keep rolling low you can get another.

You do not need alot of dice carry around a smaller pouch with a set, use the others as back up or sell them to people for cheaper than normal dice.
Bookwyrm Posted - 29 Sep 2003 : 15:05:11
Why, though? Why would you need to get that many dice? It seems to me that you only need one, maybe two, of each type.
Trafaldi Posted - 28 Sep 2003 : 06:58:25
I have finally got the Pound-O-Dice and I dont need to buy dice ever again. I ended up with about 20 d20s no d30s though. A great mixture of others. I may buy specialty die but I would suggest getting this it is a great deal and you get alot of dice.
Bookwyrm Posted - 26 Sep 2003 : 15:27:38
That's certainly an interesting idea. 1d12 for the month, and 1d30 for the day. (Assuming, of course, that your character wasn't born on the 31st of a month, or on a between-month festival like they have in the Realms.)
Cult_Leader Posted - 26 Sep 2003 : 13:58:10
As of right now there is no game that uses a 30 sider. However if your looking for your chars birthday its good to roll a 30 sider.

Thats the only use for one that we have found. So basically by getting a 30 sider your getting ripped off.
Arivia Posted - 26 Sep 2003 : 05:52:26
Too bad my d100 broke...a baseball-sized die...I've seen one d30, and the only time I've used it has been for some house-rules games of Magic: The Gathering.
Bookwyrm Posted - 26 Sep 2003 : 05:45:07
D30s I know are used in some RPGs, but I couldn't name them for you. Maybe one of the more experienced scribes can help with that. I'm pretty new to just D&D, much less other systems.

Still, it would be interesting if you substituted new dice for some things. Not permanently, just for laughs and such. There are a lot of weird-shaped ones out there. I'm still wondering what a 'd5' actually looks like . . . .
Arivia Posted - 25 Sep 2003 : 21:45:20
Paid ten bucks for two tubes of dice a week back. They are getting expensive, indeed...
Trafaldi Posted - 25 Sep 2003 : 21:25:47
No clue but you never know when you need one.
shadow258300 Posted - 25 Sep 2003 : 20:53:56
I've seen them before, but what are the d30s for?

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000