Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Pow-wow time?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Brace Cormaeril Posted - 19 Jul 2010 : 00:40:31
After a private exchange with Kyrene, I have buried that particular hatchet.
I hope that he can do so as well.

I offer my hand in friendship, Kyrene.
25   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
froglegg Posted - 23 Jul 2010 : 03:11:26
quote:
Originally posted by Razz

Just finished reading that other thread, now I understand this one.

I acknowledge the public apology between Brace and Kyrene...I assume that is why this thread is here?

And, to add...may whatever deity that still exists in 5E Realms save us from that eventual nightmare.

John
Razz Posted - 22 Jul 2010 : 04:03:25
Just finished reading that other thread, now I understand this one.

I acknowledge the public apology between Brace and Kyrene...I assume that is why this thread is here?

And, to add...may whatever deity that still exists in 5E Realms save us from that eventual nightmare.
Dracons Posted - 20 Jul 2010 : 06:51:24
Alright. We all now.

So meow everyone. Stay off. Meow is final word.

Meow.
Markustay Posted - 19 Jul 2010 : 19:20:00
First - Raising post counts

Next... Kyrene was NOT privy to my own personal knowledge of Brace's background - I felt it wasn't necessary to get into that with anybody and kept it private, and when asked about certain comments I tried to beat-around-the-bush as much as possible WITHOUT bringing-in anyone elses heritage (which is NOBODY's business)!

I feel this may have been partially my fault, for opening that particular wound (unknowingly), and I suspect Brace thought I talked to Kyrene (and we do PM, but I don't get into other people's personal business in those, just current issues). The knee-jerk reactions around here are getting out of control. I think I am still owed an apology by someone, but I won't get into that in an open forum. Insulting someone's intelligence and career choices was pretty damn low. It doesn't have to be public, BTW.

Kyrene - you may also want to re-word 'cry-wolf' - its kind of unbelievable the things people have taken offense at lately (and I don't mean you and Brace - I'm talking about something I said in another thread that was taken out of context, wherein someone assumed I was launching yet-another volley at WotC, when I was actually defending their actions as just 'business as usual').

Third, I think this thread was completely necessary - with the amount of animosity that's been slung-around lately, I think these things NEED to be out-in-the-open, just to avoid all this damn 'side-taking'.

There is NO damn sides - we are all here for the Realms - get over it and move on. Keep the 'drama' in the Realms, where it belongs!
Snowblood Posted - 19 Jul 2010 : 09:07:35
purrrrrrrrrr puurrrrrrrrrrrr puuuuuurrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
Dracons Posted - 19 Jul 2010 : 06:53:58
But... but...

I wanted to meow again. Why are you taking away my meow!
Kyrene Posted - 19 Jul 2010 : 06:44:48
quote:
Originally posted by Kentinal

quote:
Originally posted by Ashe Ravenheart

GUYS! WTH?!?

You're actually going to argue over post count now?

Stop. It.

Er, my main point point a claimed peace treaty, I just ordered my statements in the wrong order.

While post counts can matter to some, I even admit to watching them from time to time to offer congratulations of moving up rank.

My main concern, however was a claimed report of a peace treaty made in PM (that yet appears not to be confirmed).

And that would be due to timezones. *drags cuppa fireswallow closer and looks for matchsticks to prop open eyes*

Kentinal, see what assumptions can do? I think you owe Brace a small one.

For the record (not that I like sharing PMs, but in this case it seems it's neccessary):
Brace assumed I had sniped at him with a "clever little [racial] slur." He assumed some other things. I assumed he was just 'crying Canis lupus' trying to 'score dabate points.' I assumed some other things. He now realises I'd have had to be a mind-reader to have hand-picked something that he'd be so offended by. I now realise that I had inadvertently caused him much hurt and distress.

Apologies were indeed exchanged and accepted. Now move along citizens, nothing more to see here!

Edit: script timeout *sigh*
Edit 2: I took MT's advice
Dracons Posted - 19 Jul 2010 : 04:41:15
I wasn't picking a fight at all. I had no complaints.

I'm pretty sure that alot saw the downward and harsh battle between those two, and he was mearly letting everyone know that hey, they are at peace now.

Did it belong in this area? That I can agree it did not. It should have gone in off topic, or another place.

But I'll shut up.
Kentinal Posted - 19 Jul 2010 : 04:11:46
quote:

GUYS! WTH?!?

Stop. It.

Er, my main point point a claimed peace treaty, I just ordered my statements in the wrong order.

While post counts can matter to some, I even admit to watching them from time to time to offer congratulations of moving up rank.

My main concern, however was a claimed report of a peace treaty made in PM (that yet appears not to be confirmed).
The Sage Posted - 19 Jul 2010 : 04:04:21
Agreed. We've Realmslore to discuss. Let's get back to it, eh?
froglegg Posted - 19 Jul 2010 : 04:02:57
quote:

GUYS! WTH?!?

Stop. It.

WOW!

John
Ashe Ravenheart Posted - 19 Jul 2010 : 03:55:04
GUYS! WTH?!?

Stop. It.
Kentinal Posted - 19 Jul 2010 : 03:51:38
quote:
Originally posted by dracons

Nothing wrong with increasing post count. As long as it stays on topic and is of use, rather then useless.

Such as a post stating "oh, you just post to increase your post"

(Coming from a person with nearly 3000 posts too....)

Stays on topic?
Read my 3000 posts and you will know I was on topic. In this case it however appears a user is just claiming a peace treaty with one Candlekeep user and that was the topic. It might belong on a different shelf or under a bridge.

If you have a complaint about me, report me to the moderators.
Dracons Posted - 19 Jul 2010 : 03:44:37
Nothing wrong with increasing post count. As long as it stays on topic and is of use, rather then useless.

Such as a post stating "oh, you just post to increase your post"

(Coming from a person with nearly 3000 posts too....)
Kentinal Posted - 19 Jul 2010 : 03:41:23
Anything to add to post count?
Some closure claimed by one user does not indicate it even occurred.
Ashe Ravenheart Posted - 19 Jul 2010 : 03:10:43
Jeez... I go away for a day of gaming and all heck breaks loose!

Glad to see some closure has come out of it, though.
froglegg Posted - 19 Jul 2010 : 02:35:11
I guess mom had it right, if you have nothing good to say then say nothing at all.

John
Dracons Posted - 19 Jul 2010 : 02:13:24
Yeah. That thread got pretty bad. I've dealt with enough scum that insult me, think I'm diseased based on just how I look.

Hell my own mom is sickened by the idea of hugging me. Whole family hugs each other. Not me.

Makes me a very sad and depressed person. But to see it here, when we all have a shared love? Scary.
The Sage Posted - 19 Jul 2010 : 02:03:46
We're all appreciative for that, Markus. Thank you.
Markustay Posted - 19 Jul 2010 : 01:55:39
Well, I will apologize for my 'thinned-skinned' comment, having not been aware of what Kyreen said in the first place until just now (I missed almost a whole page on that thread).

I can't say weather that was just an honest error, or a very clever 'cheap shot', but I'm sorry for not believing you took offense.

And although I still stand behind my own posts in another thread, I modified them yet AGAIN a couple of days ago, just to keep the peace.

I abhor intolerance above anything else.
HelldoG Posted - 19 Jul 2010 : 01:53:31
The title is a little confusing. As I said elsewere, my english is poor, so I didn't catch the meaning of "Pow-wow time?". I thought he's starting another troll thread. But I was wrong, thanks Lurue.
The Sage Posted - 19 Jul 2010 : 01:45:50
That's fine. There's usually a great deal of debate and conversation that occurs behind the scenes anyway, so it makes sense that not every scribe would be clear on where things stand in situations like this.
HelldoG Posted - 19 Jul 2010 : 01:43:07
Oh, ok. Then it's good. Sorry for not realizing that.
The Sage Posted - 19 Jul 2010 : 01:19:37
quote:
Originally posted by HelldoG

But why are you posting it here, insted of PM'ing him?

Because past instances of problems between certain scribes have been overemphasised by some others. At least this way, it's been declared by one of the parties involved that the air has been cleared. Thus, it provides less ammunition for trouble-makers to pounce on.
HelldoG Posted - 19 Jul 2010 : 00:46:03
But why are you posting it here, insted of PM'ing him?

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000