Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Cloakers

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
woodwwad Posted - 25 Jan 2010 : 04:54:34
This is a monster I'd like to use in my next campaign, that I'm currently working on. Cloakers are a monster I don't have a firm handle on and would like to find additional info on. I really wish they had been a race in the Lords of Madness book, they also do not have a slayer's guide or any other OGL monster book dedicated to them, that I've seen. I'm reading Underdark currently, there is a little info in there but so far not much. Suggestions welcome, this is for a 3.5 FR game but the sources don't need to be realms specific, just specific to the monster.
5   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
woodwwad Posted - 26 Jan 2010 : 00:10:22
quote:
Originally posted by Mr Mus

You should check out the 3ed Underdark book as well. It mentions 2 cloaker cities,Cloakerhaven (page 137) and Bringlor Noroth, the city of soaring shadows (page 171). You might find some useful information about cloakers there.
Cloakerhaven seem to be a death trap since the cloakers there attack on sight, everything is considered prey, while the information about Bringlor Noroth mentions that there is a human wizard that live there and studies them.

Roughly 1 1/2 page off information

yeah, I know they are in the Underdark book, actually mentioned that in the first post. Just looking for more info on them. They seem like an interesting but odd race. Anyone else any books they know of with info? thanks
The Sage Posted - 25 Jan 2010 : 23:43:05
quote:
Originally posted by woodwwad

You recall by any chance if the info was useful, as far as giving echology and cultural details on this race?
It does. The two-pages also manage to discuss a little about cloaker society, cloaker cities, and what cloakers tend to generally "do" in their day-to-day activities.
Mr Mus Posted - 25 Jan 2010 : 16:49:35
You should check out the 3ed Underdark book as well. It mentions 2 cloaker cities,Cloakerhaven (page 137) and Bringlor Noroth, the city of soaring shadows (page 171). You might find some useful information about cloakers there.
Cloakerhaven seem to be a death trap since the cloakers there attack on sight, everything is considered prey, while the information about Bringlor Noroth mentions that there is a human wizard that live there and studies them.

Roughly 1 1/2 page off information
woodwwad Posted - 25 Jan 2010 : 16:12:34
quote:
Originally posted by The Sage

The 2e Drizzt Do'Urden's Guide to the Underdark has about two-pages on cloaker civilisation, as I recall.

Thanks, two pages could be very helpful. You recall by any chance if the info was useful, as far as giving echology and cultural details on this race? They are such as odd race but I'm going to be doing a lot of underdark in the next game and trying to figure out how to use this race. It'll be a epic game with the pcs eventually taking on Mind Flayer's with a Cthulhu mythos style that are looking to take over the world by unleasing something ancient. I'm trying to figure out where to put all my monsters, as far as which might be helping or working against the characters. Anyway, very brief overview of the plot. Thanks for the the book idea.

Anyone else?
The Sage Posted - 25 Jan 2010 : 06:06:15
The 2e Drizzt Do'Urden's Guide to the Underdark has about two-pages on cloaker civilisation, as I recall.

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000