Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Maps

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Randal_Dundragon Posted - 24 Sep 2009 : 15:59:24
Hey all i was just wondering if anyone happened to know where i could find a map that has like an interposed hex grid or something like that. Anyway morning folks :)
4   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
The Sage Posted - 25 Sep 2009 : 07:58:53
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

If you're just looking for generic maps (I didn't think about that with my first reply), I know there are plenty of BattleTech maps that have hexes on them... (Because of the fire, I wound up with duplicate maps from Solaris VII, which made a friend of mine very happy! )

Aye. Wooly's on the mark. The Map Sets for BattleTech are often a worthwhile source for generic hex maps, featuring plenty of variety in terms of terrain. Most should be easily adaptable for fantasy settings like the Realms.
Wooly Rupert Posted - 25 Sep 2009 : 07:09:00
If you're just looking for generic maps (I didn't think about that with my first reply), I know there are plenty of BattleTech maps that have hexes on them... (Because of the fire, I wound up with duplicate maps from Solaris VII, which made a friend of mine very happy! )
Daviot Posted - 25 Sep 2009 : 01:58:36
One of my favorite odds-and-ends sites is Incompetech, which among other things, features royalty-free music, a database of given name etymologies, and more akin to your question, free dynamically-generated graph paper in oodles of styles.

Incompetech Graph Paper

I use the standard grids (along with a ruler and scissors) as print-outs to build or transcribe full-out dungeons, when I feel up to such things.
Wooly Rupert Posted - 24 Sep 2009 : 16:18:13
The early campaign setting boxed sets came with transparent overlays, with hexes printed on them.

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000