Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 4e Candlekeep Compendium

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Tyranthraxus Posted - 22 Jun 2009 : 18:34:15
I know most of you dislike or even hate the 4e realms but I was wondering if there ever will be a candlekeep compendium containing 4e lore.
6   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Markustay Posted - 23 Jun 2009 : 16:06:27
Thinking of the compendium in the context of 'editions' is a fallacy - the CKC is edition-neutral. The only thing that makes 4e usage slightly more difficult is the time-frame that setting is set in.

Lore doesn't have 'editions' - it's Faerūn's history (even if it is homebrew). The article I was planning for the next one was going to be about the history of Guge - an interesting nation SE of the Hordelands that no longer exists... even if you were to play 1eFR. Most adventure-locales are edition-neutral as well - a Netherease or Imaskari ruin will still be a Netherease or Imaskari ruin.

As Wooly has stated, some of us might be writing said aricles with a certain 'timeframe' in-mind, but the way they are written, most could be applied at any time. 4eFR makes it a little harder to do that in some regions, but it should still all work-out.
The Sage Posted - 23 Jun 2009 : 01:25:41
There will undoubtedly be 4e lore in a future Candlekeep Compendium. And I've no problem with that. There are, after all, sections of the FRCG that are particularly open to expansion through fan-lore generated for the Compendium, for example.

Most importantly, the CC is meant to be an FR resource useful for ALL devotees and EVERY edition of the FORGOTTEN REALMS campaign setting.

I can't say for certain whether I'll ever write anything for the 4e Realms. As it stands now, I'm still writing material for the 1370's Realms. And long-time scribes here at Candlekeep know that stats and stat-blocks have never been my friends, so I doubt I'll make any effort to include any specific and elaborate stat'd workings in my future submissions.

It's likely that I'll continue to stick with the pre-Spellplague Realms for now. My current work is actually focused on the end of the war in Tethyr and the coronation of Zaranda, so...
Fillow Posted - 22 Jun 2009 : 20:15:20
Tyranthraxus, if you're interested in 4E lore, feel free to take part to the 4E index project !

Just have a look to the link in my sig...
Read you soon.
Kuje Posted - 22 Jun 2009 : 20:00:39
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

If we ever do get to work on those again, anything I submit might be used in 4E, but will be written with 3.5E in mind.

I don't do long stats, so anything I create might/should be easy to convert....

As for lore, all my lore will be tied to the old FR from 1e to the end of 3.5e. Only because I don't own any of the material for the new Realms and I don't see myself creating material for the new Realms.
Wooly Rupert Posted - 22 Jun 2009 : 19:12:11
If we ever do get to work on those again, anything I submit might be used in 4E, but will be written with 3.5E in mind.
Ashe Ravenheart Posted - 22 Jun 2009 : 18:50:46
Since most of the lore is edition neutral, there shouldn't be any problems with using the Compendiums for 4th edition. I do know that the delay for the next compendium is due to WotC's delay on the fan site policy.

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000