Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 just a dream

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
swifty Posted - 29 May 2009 : 10:26:24
if a drizzt movie somehow made it off the ground and was released and became as big as lotr or harry potter just imagine if the novels sales then went through the roof.im talking harry potter popular.how many of you out there have a first edition crystal shard.i got my copy back in the early days but how do you know its first edition.first edition philosophers stone is goin for 20000 pounds.nearly 50000 dollars.
30   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Wooly Rupert Posted - 24 Jun 2009 : 19:46:33
quote:
Originally posted by Calmar

quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

So put a bunch of dark-skinned people on the screen. Say they're all a murderous bunch. Demonstrate this by showing them warring on each other for power. Show brother slaying brother and mother sacrificing child. And emphasize that only this one guy is different...

Not sure about that. Was someone offended by the fact that LotR's orcs and uruks were dark-skinned?

If I'm not mistaken in the books roughly everyone who is neither fair-skinned elf, nor fair-skinned man of the West is regarded inferior.

There was a little bit more than dark skin that set the orcs and Uruk-hai apart. Their skintone was a minor detail, compared to other aspects of their appearance. Plus, they weren't uniformly dark skinned.

Tolkien's orcs, as seen in the movies, were clearly non-human. For most people, elves are nearly human, just really pretty. And drow are not much more than elves with darker skin. Yeah, there are cultural and physiological differences, but in a movie, people are just going to see elves with dark skin and elves with light skin -- which is way too close to real world comparisons of those descended from Western Europeans and those descended from Africans.
Calmar Posted - 24 Jun 2009 : 19:33:37
quote:

So put a bunch of dark-skinned people on the screen. Say they're all a murderous bunch. Demonstrate this by showing them warring on each other for power. Show brother slaying brother and mother sacrificing child. And emphasize that only this one guy is different...

Not sure about that. Was someone offended by the fact that LotR's orcs and uruks were dark-skinned?

If I'm not mistaken in the books roughly everyone who is neither fair-skinned elf, nor fair-skinned man of the West is regarded inferior.
Rinonalyrna Fathomlin Posted - 18 Jun 2009 : 01:48:41
quote:
Originally posted by Jorkens

Only the last part, Return of the King (and they also made the Hobbit), the original Lord of the Rings movie was made by Ralph Bakshi (Fritz the Cat, Wizards, Fire and Ice) using a combination of rotoscoping and traditional animation.

Thanks for the clarification.
Jorkens Posted - 17 Jun 2009 : 09:14:07
quote:
Originally posted by Rinonalyrna Fathomlin

quote:
Originally posted by Rory

I dont know much about the original. Wasnt it animated?

Yes, it was a Rankin-Bass production.

Only the last part, Return of the King (and they also made the Hobbit), the original Lord of the Rings movie was made by Ralph Bakshi (Fritz the Cat, Wizards, Fire and Ice) using a combination of rotoscoping and traditional animation. The Bakshi movie ended after Helms Deep as it became to long. A follow-up was planned, but never finished. The reason is unsure, the story that it flopped is wrong from what I have read. Maybe UA, who distributed the film, just didn't want to deal with Bakshi again, but I have never really seen a clear reason for dropping the project given.

Time to watch it again I think.
Rinonalyrna Fathomlin Posted - 17 Jun 2009 : 01:08:17
quote:

Yes, it was a Rankin-Bass production.

quote:
I could picture something similar to the Mass Effect fiasco. If you havent seen that it might be worth a youtube search. Fox+Mass Effect. Gawd that was sad and funny.

Mostly absurd, in a bad way.
Rory Posted - 15 Jun 2009 : 01:54:28
quote:

Just because your friends like it doesn't mean it's going to do well in a wider market. Lord of the Rings has been around for decades, but the first attempt at doing a movie for it was not overly successful.

quote:

Overthought? Nay. I've seen too many situations where race wasn't a factor get made worse by some outsider deciding to play the race card. There are a lot of people who are very sensitive to anything that can be perceived as a racial bias, and race often becomes a factor in things even when there is absolutely no reason to involve it.

Considering that there are still plenty of racial tensions in this nation, why risk it?

Personally I don't even see the risk until I envision a perfect storm in the media. I didn't think the Imus thing would make that much noise but then there are other racial issues that received less attention than I expected. If there is absolutely no other news in the media it might make hay. I don't see it as any more of a risk than the last Resident Evil game where you play a white guy shooting up a bunch of Haitian zombies.

quote:

Hundreds of Realms stories were new... Why were those risked? Every year, Hollywood cranks out hundreds of movies based on nothing at all... Why were those risked?

And not every Realms fan is going to agree as to what stories are the best. I myself put Elaine Cunningham and Jeff Grubb and Kate Novak on top of the list of best Realms authors, because I think their stories are better than any others.

Personally, any movie that focused on any of the really big Realms characters would not be one I'd rush out to see. Unless the previews were incredible, I'd wait to see what the public reaction was.

There are authors I prefer over RAS too. I have read 62 and a quarter FR novels. Of those 62 I would say less than a quarter of them would make a good script. Most of them are either too entirched in the lore or they are following an existing story path. Its true some of em just werent good enough so that strains pool some. Its kinda like the survival of the fittest.

I would rather pick the best from a large crop than have my favorite author write a new story designed for the big screen. For one its out of their genre and I would also fear that the story would become too comercial or cliche compared to a novel thats written more for a niche audiance ie the D&D movie. Those are two caveots I would fear before I worry about America's reaction to Menzoberrazan.

quote:

Explain their wickedness with entertainment? How do you make it entertaining to murder members of your own family?

The media -- one network in particular -- is great at creating media storms where none exist. How can you honestly think that handing them a movie that says "dark skin equals evil!" won't get blown out of porportion?

The Homeland graphic novel handled the slaughter of the Devir's well enough. Its good ole hollywood action until they get to the kids then Zaknafein goes and cries in a corner. The focus is on Zaknafein's compasion instead of the child killing.

Its not that I cant envision a news show doing a story on the movie I just dont see it resonating with people reguarless of race. I could picture something similar to the Mass Effect fiasco. If you havent seen that it might be worth a youtube search. Fox+Mass Effect. Gawd that was sad and funny.

swifty Posted - 02 Jun 2009 : 13:27:23
best is clerks 1 were he makes the point about the contractors murdered rebuilding the death star.
Wooly Rupert Posted - 02 Jun 2009 : 03:20:58
quote:
Originally posted by Rinonalyrna Fathomlin

quote:
Originally posted by swifty

i never really got the lotr movie devotion.liked the first one but 2 and 3 were a bit boring imo.cant remember which comedian it was who said its 9 hours of a group of people goin for a walk.

That was a scene in Clerks II, if I recall correctly. A LotR fanatic versus a Star Wars lover (the jibes at the SW prequels were the funniest, I thought).

"Even the trees walked in that movie!"
Rinonalyrna Fathomlin Posted - 02 Jun 2009 : 01:36:32
quote:
Originally posted by swifty

i never really got the lotr movie devotion.liked the first one but 2 and 3 were a bit boring imo.cant remember which comedian it was who said its 9 hours of a group of people goin for a walk.

That was a scene in Clerks II, if I recall correctly. A LotR fanatic versus a Star Wars lover (the jibes at the SW prequels were the funniest, I thought).
swifty Posted - 01 Jun 2009 : 00:05:11
Quale Posted - 31 May 2009 : 15:39:55
LotR cartoon is better than the movie, the music and the atmosphere is excellent, I'd like FR animated series done in that style, to have more depth, with new characters and better storyline than in the Drizzt novels.

Jorkens Posted - 31 May 2009 : 12:27:36
quote:

Lord of the Rings has been around for decades, but the first attempt at doing a movie for it was not overly successful.

That's somewhat debatable. The book did pretty good economical (from what I read)and in many ways it captures the "feel" of the books better then the bloated Jackson version (in my view of course). Then again I am biased as I prefer the animated version over the books as well.

The main problem with it was that they decided to not inform that it was only the first part of the books, making people feel cheated and that they decided to not make as sequel.
Ashe Ravenheart Posted - 31 May 2009 : 05:08:29
Sorry, I think I misspoke about the 'failure' of the DL movie. I was talking about it in terms of an overall motion picture success.

Regarding swifty's comments about Harry Potter, I know plenty of people that feel the movies do not do the books justice. Just as there are tons of people that feel Jackson's LotR movies do not do Tolkien justice either. As for the success of the Harry Potter story, JK Rowling is a great writer. Some of it is luck that it did so well, but having read the books and seen how she is able to write characters that grow and expand as the story continues, it doesn't surprise me at all to see her name with the other great authors of ages past.
The Sage Posted - 31 May 2009 : 01:01:49
quote:
Originally posted by Ashe Ravenheart

Also, don't forget about the failure of the Dragonlance 'movie' from two years ago.
"Failure?" Granted, the production of the film [as well as the end result] had its problems. And it was nowhere as good as it *could* have been. But I wouldn't call it a failure. Not specifically.

The sales figures stored over at the DL Nexus suggest it sold particularly well among most of the D&D/DL community. I've even known some around here who, intrigued by the characters and plot from the film, actually went out to find the three books of the "Chronicles" trilogy. They've since read them and moved onto the other books of the Saga.

That counts as success in my book [or at least as close to success as it could've managed, considering], especially if it leads to new readers of the DL books.
Ghost King Posted - 31 May 2009 : 00:47:05
I know this isn't really FR or D&D example, but look how bad the Final Fantasy movie that got released did in the theaters. I went in thinking I was going to watch a really cool movie, but instead I came out thinking what the hell was that bunch of bull? Now the others released that weren't bad (the ones that never saw the movie screen), however, it isn't just FF that had a let down.

I think any game with a character usually gets butchered really bad and the stories usually are weak at best. Some have surprised me, but I wasn't impressed by Silent Hill or by Max Payne either. In fact they lived up to an okay movie status, but it wasn't something I'd have to see again.

If I were all of you, and if you like Drizzt as a character. You should pray it never does become a movie if you want the image that you have of him intact. As has been noted D&D movie = terrible. Almost as terrible as George and the Dragon (and yes it has actual actors in it with some being big names and it was still horrible). Or another example would be In the Name of the King released recently that is based on Dungeon Siege game (again lots of big names but terrible).

The age old saying comes to mind is this, "Be careful what you wish for." Good chance it might come true, but not be what you intended.

An in game example story just for chuckles:
PC: "I wish for it to rain platinum!"

GM: "Alright, platinum bars start falling from the sky. Make a reflex check!"

PC: "Got a 10."

GM: "A bar falls on top of your head and kills you instantly. Roll up a new character."
swifty Posted - 31 May 2009 : 00:09:45
what gets me is how the hell did h potter become so big.right place at the right time is my only explanation.
Wooly Rupert Posted - 30 May 2009 : 17:55:10
quote:
Originally posted by Ashe Ravenheart

In order for the Drizzt movie to payoff, you have to convince the studio that people are clamoring to see this being made. The best a Drizzt product has ever done is #4 on the NYT Best Sellers list. The video games and graphic novels are popular, for a D&D product, but they are not as popular among the general public. Therefore, no studio is going to give them $150 million to make a movie for, at most, a few million fans.

I don't think there's even that many fans... A book is a bestseller if it sells a million copies. And of the reading populace, not everyone reads fantasy -- or even fiction. Of the fantasy readers, not everyone reads shared world fantasy. And of that group, not everyone reads FR books. And of that group, not everyone is a fan of any one specific character.
Wooly Rupert Posted - 30 May 2009 : 17:44:23
I should also like to point out that if this was such a guaranteed success, then a Drizzt movie would have been made before 2 generic D&D ones and a Dragonlance one.
Ashe Ravenheart Posted - 30 May 2009 : 16:42:09
Also, don't forget about the failure of the Dragonlance 'movie' from two years ago. There was quite a bit of excitement regarding it during production. The fan-base for the Dragonlance novels is much larger than the Drizzt fan-base. So, they got a green light to make Dragons of Autumn Twilight. However, they went with an animated movie instead of live-action (probably because the studio balked at what the special effects budget would have cost). Even so, they got a top-notched voice cast (Michael Rosenbaum as Tanis, Kiefer Sutherland as Raistlin, Lucy Lawless, Michelle Trachtenberg, Phil LaMarr). But budgets kept being reduced and the movie was finally released as direct to video.

And, if you've seen it (as I have), you can say that it's definitely not good. I fault no one in the production other than the studio since it seems that the budget wasn't big enough to afford good animation.

So, while a movie version could be good, it still comes down to finding a studio that is willing to take a risk with millions of dollars. And that risk NEEDS to payoff. And here's the problem. Drizzt is already a licensed property of Hasbro. Why do you think it took Steven Spielberg to make Transformers? Because no studio wanted to do it since they knew they weren't going to get the lion's share of the product line. Paramount owns Star Trek. Any toys, books, glasses, etc. that are sold, they see most of the profit. But with something like Transformers (or a Drizzt movie), the studio's main source of income would be from the movie itself.

In order for the Drizzt movie to payoff, you have to convince the studio that people are clamoring to see this being made. The best a Drizzt product has ever done is #4 on the NYT Best Sellers list. The video games and graphic novels are popular, for a D&D product, but they are not as popular among the general public. Therefore, no studio is going to give them $150 million to make a movie for, at most, a few million fans.
Wooly Rupert Posted - 30 May 2009 : 14:49:12
quote:

Homeland could be huge if it was done right. I dont think its a marketable story in comparison to something like Dragon's of Autumn Twilight where Johnny Depp's gold skin and hourglass eyes would insure blockbuster status. Homeland would need strong marketing, and incredible special effects without spending too much. I will say though the graphic novel would make for a perfect script. Everyone I have read or recommended the graphic novel to has fallen in love with it.

Just because your friends like it doesn't mean it's going to do well in a wider market. Lord of the Rings has been around for decades, but the first attempt at doing a movie for it was not overly successful.

quote:

Wooly's yer racisim theory is kinda over thought. I'm black and pay a lot of attention to the politics of the US and if you were to put a gun to my head and make me name people that overplay racisim for their own benifit I would name Jesse Jackson and Sharpton then beg for my life. Both of those guys are smart enough to stay away from "racist elves" which would be the Fox News brand for their outrage. The media that profits from rediculing charges of racisim would proably make more news out of it than the people making the charges which normally adds to the publicity in the end. Of course you could remedy all of this with a black director or producer in which case vote for Rory .

Overthought? Nay. I've seen too many situations where race wasn't a factor get made worse by some outsider deciding to play the race card. There are a lot of people who are very sensitive to anything that can be perceived as a racial bias, and race often becomes a factor in things even when there is absolutely no reason to involve it.

Considering that there are still plenty of racial tensions in this nation, why risk it?

quote:

Also when you have hundreds of novels you take the best pickings. The greatness of the Homeland graphic novel was the writing that came before it. A new story could work but why risk it?

Hundreds of Realms stories were new... Why were those risked? Every year, Hollywood cranks out hundreds of movies based on nothing at all... Why were those risked?

And not every Realms fan is going to agree as to what stories are the best. I myself put Elaine Cunningham and Jeff Grubb and Kate Novak on top of the list of best Realms authors, because I think their stories are better than any others.

Personally, any movie that focused on any of the really big Realms characters would not be one I'd rush out to see. Unless the previews were incredible, I'd wait to see what the public reaction was.

quote:

The key to a Homeland movie is the special effects and the acting. You need Drow that look like Lockwood's Jezz the Lame and you have to explain their wickedness with the entertainment of Ledger's Joker and the complexity and humanity of Eckhart's Two Face. It would also help to focus on Zak and maybe Jarlaxle so Drizzt isnt seen as the only renegade. Then it's not just a bunch of people in black face acting wicked. This is why I said the racism concern is kinda over thought. Not entirely. If the movie stunk people would wonder about the intentions and thats one of the ingredients necessary to create the perfect media storm where charges of racism amount to more than good publicity. Jar Jar Binks is a good example of a character that endured controversy mainly because the character had no depth.

Explain their wickedness with entertainment? How do you make it entertaining to murder members of your own family?

The media -- one network in particular -- is great at creating media storms where none exist. How can you honestly think that handing them a movie that says "dark skin equals evil!" won't get blown out of porportion?
swifty Posted - 30 May 2009 : 11:51:24
quote:
Originally posted by HawkinstheDM

Lol. A very good argument, and one that I agree with. PC is like a painful, irritating rash that is not going to go away. But that does not mean that a successful movie about Elminster or Danilo & Arilyn couldn't be made. I guess I should have been making an argument as to that I think a successful Realms film could be made, if the right people (i.e. definitely not Uwe Boll) were to make it. Especially since the LotR and Harry Potter movies have made fantasy movies more mainstream.

cmon.uwe boll is a legend.have you not seen the masterpiece that is house of the dead.
Rory Posted - 30 May 2009 : 09:03:34
Homeland could be huge if it was done right. I dont think its a marketable story in comparison to something like Dragon's of Autumn Twilight where Johnny Depp's gold skin and hourglass eyes would insure blockbuster status. Homeland would need strong marketing, and incredible special effects without spending too much. I will say though the graphic novel would make for a perfect script. Everyone I have read or recommended the graphic novel to has fallen in love with it.

Wooly's yer racisim theory is kinda over thought. I'm black and pay a lot of attention to the politics of the US and if you were to put a gun to my head and make me name people that overplay racisim for their own benifit I would name Jesse Jackson and Sharpton then beg for my life. Both of those guys are smart enough to stay away from "racist elves" which would be the Fox News brand for their outrage. The media that profits from rediculing charges of racisim would proably make more news out of it than the people making the charges which normally adds to the publicity in the end. Of course you could remedy all of this with a black director or producer in which case vote for Rory .

Also when you have hundreds of novels you take the best pickings. The greatness of the Homeland graphic novel was the writing that came before it. A new story could work but why risk it?

The key to a Homeland movie is the special effects and the acting. You need Drow that look like Lockwood's Jezz the Lame and you have to explain their wickedness with the entertainment of Ledger's Joker and the complexity and humanity of Eckhart's Two Face. It would also help to focus on Zak and maybe Jarlaxle so Drizzt isnt seen as the only renegade. Then it's not just a bunch of people in black face acting wicked. This is why I said the racism concern is kinda over thought. Not entirely. If the movie stunk people would wonder about the intentions and thats one of the ingredients necessary to create the perfect media storm where charges of racism amount to more than good publicity. Jar Jar Binks is a good example of a character that endured controversy mainly because the character had no depth.
Hawkins Posted - 29 May 2009 : 20:46:06
quote:

So just tell a new story, with new characters. It's been a good formula, thus far.
Well stated.
Wooly Rupert Posted - 29 May 2009 : 18:51:46
quote:
Originally posted by HawkinstheDM

Lol. A very good argument, and one that I agree with. PC is like a painful, irritating rash that is not going to go away. But that does not mean that a successful movie about Elminster or Danilo & Arilyn couldn't be made. I guess I should have been making an argument as to that I think a successful Realms film could be made, if the right people (i.e. definitely not Uwe Boll) were to make it. Especially since the LotR and Harry Potter movies have made fantasy movies more mainstream.

If the right people make it, then the potential is there. My main beef is the idea some folks have that a successful book is automatically guaranteed to be a successful movie.

And actually, if there was an FR movie to be made, I'd prefer to see all-new characters in an all-new story. We've had dozens of authors tell hundreds of stories, mostly with new characters in each one, and contrary to the statements of the Shattered Realms design team, there is room for thousands more stories in any FR era.

And every character that is big in Realms fiction now was once a new character... Arilyn was just a swordswinger with an annoying companion and an unwanted shadow. Cale was just a butler with an interesting past. Drizzt was a sidekick with maybe two pages of backstory in the entire novel he first appeared in. Elminster was just a knowledgable mage. All of those characters became bigger than their first appearance -- so why not allow another new character to take the screen?

The Sellplague has fractured the FR community, too. Some folks love it, some folks hate it. But even in those two factions, there are tales that some folks would love to see as a movie, and others they'd run screaming from. And adapting any existing tale will have all sorts of challenges all its own...

So just tell a new story, with new characters. It's been a good formula, thus far.
Hawkins Posted - 29 May 2009 : 18:28:37
Wooly Rupert Posted - 29 May 2009 : 18:16:49
Well, I didn't want to bring up this argument, because I've had it too many times both here and on the WotC forums... But I don't think a Drizzt movie can be made, because of the racism angle.

Allow me to explain: if you take away the fact that Drizzt is a renegade drow, then he's just another guy who is handy in a fight. To show what makes Drizzt special, you have to play up the renegade drow angle. And to do that, you have to show what he's different from.

You are going to have people tripping all over themselves, rushing out to scream about racism. There are certain prominent individuals who have been known to make charges of racism in situations where none previously existed, and there are entire groups that watchdog against any kind of racial issue.

Hells, when The Da Vinci Code came out as a movie, there was a pro-albino group that complained about an albino guy being cast as the albino monk, because this "perpetuated the myth that all albinos are evil".

That was a small group, and they found fault with the movie because of a stereotype noone else had heard of. You think these larger groups won't have a heyday with "all these dark-skinned people are very very evil!"?

Heck, a lot of people of all ethnicities would be uncomfortable with that.
Hawkins Posted - 29 May 2009 : 17:36:04
quote:

I have the first edition printing of The Crystal Shard.

I doubt a Drizzt movie will ever be made. D&D fans are a small subset of the movie-going audience, and we weren't enough to make the first D&D movie a success. FR fans are a smaller subset of that group. And there are certain problems and perceptions with making a Drizzt movie that I quite frankly don't think can be overcome on the wider market.
The thing is, I went and saw the D&D movie, and it was not all that good. If they had made it of similar caliber as the LotR movies, and had better marketing, then it probably would have done well. If the fans think it is crap, then you really can't expect those who would not normally go see a fantasy movie to enjoy it. What a Drizzt movie would need to succeed is to be have someone like Peter Jackson to pick it up and fight for it. He went around and didn't settle on a studio until he found one that would let him do 3 movies, and most studios wanted him to combine all 1 movies into 1 movie. So, until a producer/director like PJ either finds Drizzt, or RAS finds a producer/director like PJ willing to pimp it, I don't see a Drizzt movie happening. Not that it won't; it just doesn't seem likely.
Wooly Rupert Posted - 29 May 2009 : 16:59:56
quote:
Originally posted by skychrome

quote:

I doubt a Drizzt movie will ever be made. D&D fans are a small subset of the movie-going audience, and we weren't enough to make the first D&D movie a success. FR fans are a smaller subset of that group. And there are certain problems and perceptions with making a Drizzt movie that I quite frankly don't think can be overcome on the wider market.

Well I would not atribute the lack of success to the insufficient size of the FR community.

I'm not. I'm saying that even with a built-in fanbase, there weren't enough fans to make it all that successful.

My reference to the FR community being a smaller part of the D&D community was in reference to the perception some folks seem to have that since a lot of FR fans like the Drizzt books, then a Drizzt movie is a guaranteed blockbuster.

quote:

Anyways, a well made FR movie would also be accepted and pushed by non-D&D fans. After all LotR's success was not based only on people who read the book before and even less studied anything about Middlearth.

Lord of the Rings had readers that never had anything to do with D&D, and the books have been around for decades longer than D&D has. And the first attempt at a Lord of the Rings movie is not something most people in the movie-going community are even aware of -- showing that it's not just the title that made it a huge success.

Any more movies related to D&D properties now have the reputation of the first D&D movie to contend against. And some of the stories simply can't be done well on the big screen -- or at least, not without major problems.

Ashe Ravenheart Posted - 29 May 2009 : 15:40:28
quote:

<snip>
What did Jeremy Irons think, when he accepted a role in this one I wonder...

"Oh look! A paycheck!"
skychrome Posted - 29 May 2009 : 15:33:17
quote:

Well I would not atribute the lack of success to the insufficient size of the FR community. This was probably one of the worst movies I have seen in a very long time and I still feel I will fall into Berserk rage when thinking about how D&D was abused by this awful movie! What did Jeremy Irons think, when he accepted a role in this one I wonder...

Anyways, a well made FR movie would also be accepted and pushed by non-D&D fans. After all LotR's success was not based only on people who read the book before and even less studied anything about Middlearth.

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000