Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Lost in Lantan

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Wrigs13 Posted - 26 Jan 2009 : 12:36:28
Hi,

I am trying to find some information on Lantan. Does anyone know which books actually contain useful information on the region? preferably in 3rd ed but I am willing to trawl through 2nd ed books for background inforamtion.

Cheers
12   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
The Sage Posted - 22 Jan 2010 : 15:21:02
quote:
Originally posted by Darkmeer

If I ever lose that information, I'll PM you for it.
No problem.

[Kosh voice]"I will always be here."[/voice]

Darkmeer Posted - 22 Jan 2010 : 14:20:40
quote:
Originally posted by The Sage

quote:

Thank you Sage, I'm grateful that you had this information. I had thought it lost when Geocities went down. Thanks so much!
Aye.

I've actually got all that Lantan material saved on one of my TB caches, so even if it disappears from the web completely, I'll still have it available for those scribes interested in reading it.

That's good to know. If I ever lose that information, I'll PM you for it. After re-reading it (after over a year hiatus from doing so), I like it just as much, perhaps more because it makes Lantan feel alive all over again.

/d
The Sage Posted - 22 Jan 2010 : 07:07:40
quote:

Thank you Sage, I'm grateful that you had this information. I had thought it lost when Geocities went down. Thanks so much!
Aye.

I've actually got all that Lantan material saved on one of my TB caches, so even if it disappears from the web completely, I'll still have it available for those scribes interested in reading it.
Darkmeer Posted - 22 Jan 2010 : 06:10:42
quote:
Originally posted by The Sage

Lantan has virtually nothing written about it in the Realms canon. However, if you take a look through some of the older material, you can find a few tidbits in several sourcebooks. For example, the entries for Gond in most of the FR deity books mention some details about the Wonderbringer's faith in the gnomish nation. The 3e FRCS also contains lore about Lantan.

That being said... Faiths & Avatars for Gond, the 1e and 2e FRCS, and the Perilous Gateway articles featuring Lantan. Prayers from the Faithful also -- which also contains some Lantan tidbits -- particularly in the section on "The Argyr". And Races of Faerūn.

Additionally, see AJA's very intriguing [and popular] fan-based interpretation:- http://web.archive.org/web/20040929112902/http://www.geocities.com/TimesSquare/Castle/2566/lantan.htm

[Note: the above URL utilises the Internet's Wayback Machine, so you'll need to copy and paste the link into your browser's address bar]

/d
Brimstone Posted - 28 Jan 2009 : 02:36:19
-I am glad that you are getting some help in your quest. I was the one who responded to your original question in The Wizards Forums. I see you also started a thread in the FR Forums. Keep asking questions, we will keep giving answers!

BRIMSTONE/18DELTA

Rinonalyrna Fathomlin Posted - 27 Jan 2009 : 15:55:39
quote:
Originally posted by Wrigs13

Spellplague? when did that happen?

That's my response too, although most likely for different reasons.
Ashe Ravenheart Posted - 27 Jan 2009 : 13:35:25
I think MT's answer describes it best from this scroll.

For more information you can do a search on the forums for the term 'Spellplague'. There's a lot of scrolls out there.
Wrigs13 Posted - 27 Jan 2009 : 08:57:23
Spellplague? when did that happen?
The Hooded One Posted - 26 Jan 2009 : 17:49:27
. . . Unless you prevail upon Ed, by asking the right questions in his thread, to share more of his unpublished notes with us. I KNOW he has some; I've seen them. He yielded up Nimbral, after all . . .
love,
THO
Ayunken-vanzan Posted - 26 Jan 2009 : 15:27:28
And there will be no more, since Lantan is completely destroyed by the spellplague.
Wrigs13 Posted - 26 Jan 2009 : 13:36:10
Cheers,

Very comprehensive list, shame that so little has ever been written.
The Sage Posted - 26 Jan 2009 : 13:14:33
Lantan has virtually nothing written about it in the Realms canon. However, if you take a look through some of the older material, you can find a few tidbits in several sourcebooks. For example, the entries for Gond in most of the FR deity books mention some details about the Wonderbringer's faith in the gnomish nation. The 3e FRCS also contains lore about Lantan.

That being said... Faiths & Avatars for Gond, the 1e and 2e FRCS, and the Perilous Gateway articles featuring Lantan. Prayers from the Faithful also -- which also contains some Lantan tidbits -- particularly in the section on "The Argyr". And Races of Faerūn.

Additionally, see AJA's very intriguing [and popular] fan-based interpretation:- http://web.archive.org/web/20040929112902/http://www.geocities.com/TimesSquare/Castle/2566/lantan.htm

[Note: the above URL utilises the Internet's Wayback Machine, so you'll need to copy and paste the link into your browser's address bar]

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000