Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Eladrin help

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
kenryoku_one Posted - 11 Nov 2008 : 03:19:49
I just started a campaign playing an Eladrin Rogue and I had initially stated my birthplace as Evermeet. I hadn't realized that Evermeet has drastically changed since 3.5. And seeing as how there are bonuses(bonusi?) given for your homeland I would really like to choose one that fits in for my character.
So what I need is a good Eladrin homeland far from The Sea of Fallen Stars and preferably metropolitan( not woodland).

Any help in this area is greatly appreciated!
7   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
kenryoku_one Posted - 12 Nov 2008 : 16:38:06
Yeah, I think Evereska fits the best. I'm going to ask my DM if I can use that and the regional benefits from somewhere else.

Thank you everybody.
sfdragon Posted - 12 Nov 2008 : 09:34:26
quote:
Originally posted by kenryoku_one

Thanks for the replies everybody. Here's a little background on my character:
He is the 5th son of a Noble house, High Dex and Char, troublemaker who tried to steal from a local wizard and failed to talk his way out of it. So he ran away and is currently in Algarond. That's why I need to make his homeland far from the Sea of falling stars.

I'm not set on the age though, 50 or 60?

well the spell plague took evermeet to the feywild and a carbon copy is left in its place.

so evermeet is far away from the sea of falling stars, it just takes a wizard of planar walking ability to get there and back. or use portals....

Erik Scott de Bie Posted - 11 Nov 2008 : 21:07:39
Well, if he's a noble scion, then his family was probably based somewhere like Myth Drannor or Evereska. That doesn't mean he would have to have grown up there--a 5th noble son might easily be a ward of some human family (based in Luruar or Cormyr or even so far as Waterdeep), or attached to a diplomatic envoy, or perhaps he has a reputation for dishonesty and roguish behavior, so out of embarassment his family sent him somewhere far away (I mean before he stole the thing that got him running)?

Meaning, in short, pick whatever background you want, then craft a sensible story around it (we'll help!).

It's my opinion that your background should reflect where your character grows up (i.e., his main attitude/worldview) rather than where he is *technically* from. Could even be the mean streets of Luskan!

Sky's the limit, really.

Cheers
kenryoku_one Posted - 11 Nov 2008 : 20:48:06
Thanks for the replies everybody. Here's a little background on my character:
He is the 5th son of a Noble house, High Dex and Char, troublemaker who tried to steal from a local wizard and failed to talk his way out of it. So he ran away and is currently in Algarond. That's why I need to make his homeland far from the Sea of falling stars.

I'm not set on the age though, 50 or 60?
sfdragon Posted - 11 Nov 2008 : 17:54:44
moon elves or sun elves.
eladrin does not roll off the tongue, it sounds like a blunt instrument
and how old is this character??
Erik Scott de Bie Posted - 11 Nov 2008 : 17:34:41
I'm going to toss out Luruar (Silverymoon): with its rich history of cooperation between eladrin/elves, humans, dwarves, etc., very metropolitan/progressive.

(Also a personal fav. )

Perhaps your rogue is a disgruntled/disowned son/daughter of members of the Silverymoon Spellguard, who hasn't the slightest talent for the magic wielded by his parents/ancestry? Just a thought.

Cheers
Fillow Posted - 11 Nov 2008 : 10:28:26
Baldur's Gate, Waterdeep, the Gray Vale, aso are told to be quite important "nests of eladrins". And What about Myth Drannor or Evereska ?

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000