Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Elves of Faerūn: Sneak Peek!

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Lord Karsus Posted - 27 Feb 2008 : 06:16:49
-The finished, final product is still a long, long way off, but I've been doing a little fooling around with Adobe Acrobat, and, to keep everyone's interest piqued, here are two teasers:

http://www.angelfire.com/rpg2/dagnirion/Darksong_Knight.pdf]
The Eilistraeean Darksong Knight PrC

http://www.angelfire.com/rpg2/dagnirion//Elven_Magic.pdf
Elven Magic

:)
20   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Wooly Rupert Posted - 25 May 2008 : 13:31:59
quote:
Originally posted by Caedwyr

I was flipping through old Monster Manuals from Second Edition when I came across something that may be relevant for your project:

quote:

Pegataur

Pegataurs are winged centaurs with the upper bodies of elves
... A pegataur's upper torso and head resemble those of a high elf. Most have long blond or silver hair. They speak common, elvish, and their own language -- a peculiar dialect related to elvish, but different enough to be a separate language
... Like half-elves, pegataurs are 30% resistant to sleep and charm spells.
... Like elves, pegataurs are generally aloof, especially towards nonflyers, though their alignment makes them more approachable than may be initially believed.

There's obviously more to the entry, but those are the sections which indicate they are related to elves in some manner. I can provide more information on the entry if needed.

It could be that they were based on elves, but not actually related to them... Yeah, everything you quote seems to indicate a connection, but there is a heck of a difference betwixt an elf and a flying centaur.
Caedwyr Posted - 25 May 2008 : 06:20:48
I was flipping through old Monster Manuals from Second Edition when I came across something that may be relevant for your project:

quote:

Pegataur

Pegataurs are winged centaurs with the upper bodies of elves
... A pegataur's upper torso and head resemble those of a high elf. Most have long blond or silver hair. They speak common, elvish, and their own language -- a peculiar dialect related to elvish, but different enough to be a separate language
... Like half-elves, pegataurs are 30% resistant to sleep and charm spells.
... Like elves, pegataurs are generally aloof, especially towards nonflyers, though their alignment makes them more approachable than may be initially believed.

There's obviously more to the entry, but those are the sections which indicate they are related to elves in some manner. I can provide more information on the entry if needed.

Lord Karsus Posted - 18 Mar 2008 : 16:00:39
quote:
Originally posted by IronAngel

I'd like to contribute an article on one of the elven realms, myself. Illefarn, perhaps. I'm somewhat busy with life and my work on a Neverwinter Nights server, but I think I can spare the time in the next month or so. If someone gets ahead of me, no biggie. I just wonder if there are any rules or standards you wish the contributors to stick to, that I should know about? Or should I just write and send it to you?

If you want to discuss this in private, I'd prefer you PMed me here. My public e-mail's not an ideal means of communication.

-Model it after any of the other 'defunct' Realms- a simple essay. Include any sources that you consult. The final product can be sent to my e-mail. Any other questions can be sent to my PM box, either here, at WotC, or RV.
IronAngel Posted - 16 Mar 2008 : 00:39:26
I'd like to contribute an article on one of the elven realms, myself. Illefarn, perhaps. I'm somewhat busy with life and my work on a Neverwinter Nights server, but I think I can spare the time in the next month or so. If someone gets ahead of me, no biggie. I just wonder if there are any rules or standards you wish the contributors to stick to, that I should know about? Or should I just write and send it to you?

If you want to discuss this in private, I'd prefer you PMed me here. My public e-mail's not an ideal means of communication.
Lord Karsus Posted - 12 Mar 2008 : 23:13:27
-Oh, I realized I didn't even provide a link to the project itself.

www.forgottenrealmsvault.com

-The webmaster requires that you sign up to the boards before viewing, but, hey, it's free, and well worth it.
Lord Karsus Posted - 09 Mar 2008 : 14:37:08
-Ozzy, I sent you an e-mail.
Ozzalum Posted - 05 Mar 2008 : 15:49:39
quote:
-If you're offering your services, I'm always looking for help.

I am and I sent you an email with a link to some of my "works."

Looking forward to drawing some Darksong Knights.
Lord Karsus Posted - 05 Mar 2008 : 06:13:06
quote:
Originally posted by Ozzalum

Need any artwork help?

-If you're offering your services, I'm always looking for help.
Lord Karsus Posted - 05 Mar 2008 : 06:12:16
quote:
Originally posted by Lady Kazandra

Looking good LK! (I can call you LK can't I?)

-Of course you can.

quote:
Originally posted by Lady Kazandra

Looking good LK! (I can call you LK can't I?) In fact, I'm almost tempted to try and contribute something I've been working on for the past year. It was originally supposed to be a submission for the "Candlekeep Compendium". . . but looking over your work here, I think it would probably work better as part of your EoF resource.

-Well, whatever you have, I'm always looking for contributors. If you are serious about contributing an article, send me an e-mail (Dagnirion@Aol.com).
Markustay Posted - 04 Mar 2008 : 21:05:52
You've inspired me to finally get Adobe Pro...

Great job there.
Chosen of Moradin Posted - 04 Mar 2008 : 20:13:37
Good work Dagnirion!

I“m waiting to see the final tome.
Ozzalum Posted - 04 Mar 2008 : 19:01:56
Need any artwork help?
Lady Kazandra Posted - 03 Mar 2008 : 09:55:49
Looking good LK! (I can call you LK can't I?)

In fact, I'm almost tempted to try and contribute something I've been working on for the past year. It was originally supposed to be a submission for the "Candlekeep Compendium". . . but looking over your work here, I think it would probably work better as part of your EoF resource.
Rinonalyrna Fathomlin Posted - 27 Feb 2008 : 23:37:46
quote:
Originally posted by Dagnirion

quote:
Originally posted by Rinonalyrna Fathomlin

Hmmm, I'm starting to think I might want to be part of this project...

-You know how to get in contact with me.

Will do, then.
Lord Karsus Posted - 27 Feb 2008 : 22:45:08
quote:
Originally posted by Fillow

A very good project indeed Dagnirion.
If only I wrote fluent English...

Good cheer and bear with it !

-Fluent english is not a prerequisite. As I personally edit every single article that is part of the project, as long as I can understand it, I can eliminate any grammar/spelling problems. If you are interested in contributing, contact me.
Lord Karsus Posted - 27 Feb 2008 : 22:43:26
quote:
Originally posted by Rinonalyrna Fathomlin

-You know how to get in contact with me.
Lord Karsus Posted - 27 Feb 2008 : 22:42:55
quote:
Originally posted by BARDOBARBAROS

Interesting... These will be included in the Candlekeep Compendium???

-No.
Fillow Posted - 27 Feb 2008 : 20:20:21
A very good project indeed Dagnirion.
If only I wrote fluent English...

Good cheer and bear with it !
Rinonalyrna Fathomlin Posted - 27 Feb 2008 : 15:50:42
BARDOBARBAROS Posted - 27 Feb 2008 : 09:22:35
Interesting... These will be included in the Candlekeep Compendium???

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000