Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Extaminar and Yuan-ti

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Ramar Posted - 22 Nov 2007 : 15:36:37
The new Extaminar race in Champions of Ruin lists them as huminoids with little snake-like appearances but says that the potential new ruler of House Extaminos is among the new generation.

Question: given that yuan-ti authority is highly linked to the more snake-like one appears (serpent kingdoms), how could a huminoid with little snake features expect to become the head of a house of yuan-ti?

I will admit that Dmetrio is merely a pureblood but this seems to be the exception and not the rule.
2   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
nbnmare Posted - 22 Nov 2007 : 16:10:47
Members of House Extaminos also seem to have a somewhat less extreme attitude towards "warmbloods" than the typical yuan-ti. Most yuan-ti seem to want to kill and/or enslave all (demi-)humans, but Extaminos are quite content to simply rule over them.
KnightErrantJR Posted - 22 Nov 2007 : 15:52:38
Well, for what its worth, House Extaminos is a bit unique in that they actually have a visible, known base of power which they rule openly. It could be that the "potential new ruler" is the potential new ruler of Hlondeth. While this would more or less make them the head of House Extaminos, this could also mean that he has "abomination" backing that would reinforce (and guide) his rule. It might be signifying a potential split between the "visible" rule of House Extaminos (i.e. the control of Hlondeth) and control of the House abroad in more clandestine manner.

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000