Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 The Candlekeep Web Site
 Site Content
 What the Hell is going on?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
zemd Posted - 17 May 2003 : 16:52:14
Since 2 or 3 days there are completly irrevelant post from a few scribes. (Ithrin and pendangorth in "Exilion?")
I was wondering if it was just the price of the fame of if a group of people had decided to annoy us
30   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
The Sage Posted - 28 Jul 2003 : 01:50:01
Hmm...I knew it was personal, or private or some such...

Salabasha Posted - 27 Jul 2003 : 17:22:51
Private Messages.
The Sage Posted - 27 Jul 2003 : 13:38:49
That's basically it. Although there are some message systems that are more elaborate. It all depends on the size of the forum really.

Bookwyrm Posted - 27 Jul 2003 : 13:25:06
Oh. I've heard of those, except it was called person-to-person when I did. Or 'p2p' in chatspeak.
The Sage Posted - 27 Jul 2003 : 12:38:16
I think he may mean the 'personal message' system that is available on some forums.

It allows one to send quick pop-up messages to other forum users, as long as they are registered.

Bookwyrm Posted - 27 Jul 2003 : 12:28:49
Actually, each time you add a 'PS' you put in an extra P, not an S. 'PS' stands for 'post-script' (post meaning 'after'). PPS is Post-Post-Script, or "in addition to the addition to the main body of my message."

Now, here's my question -- what do you mean by 'PM'?
Salabasha Posted - 27 Jul 2003 : 03:19:28
I know I am somewhat new to this here site but I shall give my 2gp worth on the topic at hand.

In relation to that of the "Infestites" as an older site I was once on called them, they were, usually depending on what happened, given 5 chances (based on the site). The first would be a simple warning from a mod. It would usually state something on the basis of "We have a problem with 1)What you are posting about other members, 2) What you are posting about other sites 3)Your profanity(and other such thing a ma jigs) 4) Posting inappropriate pictures etc. etc. Most of the time this would work. However, incase some of them had been to the local tavern and such a second warning was needed, it would be given out, this having the indications that the member=troublemaker, would be tortured (fingers cut off, blinded), if they continued to post useless, hateful or harmful things. Any ways, once they reached the big number 3 and struck out as they say it, they would be put into the prison for about 3 days (or was it banned from the site for 3 days? Meh). If penalized for a 4th time, they would be exiled from the site for about a week or so. 5th time around, and they were executed, I mean... banned for good. IP address (I think I said that right) would be locked off by the mod/admin and they would longer be able to post. This usually solved most problems as the "Infestites" would get the hint after 1 or 2 warnings. Anyone who didn't, either didn't care if he was banned or was a mumbling challenged psycho who had an evil mission bent on taking over the world in diabolical manipulation with secret messages in his posts that would brainwash the other members in to building weapons of mass destruction so that he could take over the WORLD! (Looks around nervously) Not that I would know of course.

As for the decrease in members on the site, I haven't been here for that long, but yes it does seem that there are fewer sayings on the site. Of course that could be explained with jobs, school (curses both), vacations (happy day) and such. Also, we need Campaigns! They may very well bring in more people, and that of the Candlekeep Inn forum is basically (well at least almost) a campaign. With all the different members on this site, to make and run one with them would be quite interesting indeed.

This post may have things in that have already been posted before but, um, I wasn't here so that is it. *Casually walks away and trips down a flight of stairs.

PS - Zemd is right. There dosen't seem to be any "wars" with any other of the sites.

PSS - I may not know who you are but welcome back Artalis.

PSSS (I think that is legal) - Are there PM's on this site that I don't know of?
Bookwyrm Posted - 20 Jul 2003 : 21:59:26
Indeed.

Welcome back, Artalis.

(Is the campaign 2- or 3e? And where, with what levels?)
Artalis Posted - 20 Jul 2003 : 16:28:05
Sorry Rad, I have been off in PBeM world, but now that I am running a campaign (don't ask to join we are full up ) I will be availing myself of this fine repository of knowledge.

Honestly I just hadn't much to say for some reason and after some of my favorite scribes had left...it just wasn't the same.

But life is change and so we move on...
The Sage Posted - 15 Jul 2003 : 17:52:56
I couldn't agree with that statement more zemd.

zemd Posted - 15 Jul 2003 : 15:19:54
And don't beleive that there is a war between Candlekeep and any other FR based forum. It's just stupid, mindless, unworthy, single persons that try to be interesting by irritating people.
Bookwyrm Posted - 10 Jul 2003 : 15:12:45
The 'attacks' were just spamming here on the forums. They were pretty insulting, even if they weren't really damaging. However, they also interupted the smooth (okay I used the word loosely!) opperation of the site.
MuadDib Posted - 10 Jul 2003 : 14:04:39
ok, i've been out of it for a while and am new to boot

so i am begging for some explinations...

i gather Exilion or what not was a bad cookie who irritated people, fine, topic closed

now i thought we were just a forum of people interested in FR, how is it that there are 'wars' between forums? how does this work? Are people really competing and stuff in terms of my forum is better than yours etc?
zemd Posted - 10 Jul 2003 : 10:18:43
quote:
Originally posted by Mournblade

I am now on summer vacation, but a certain Druidess (veterinary student) has been gracing me with her presence, so needless to say I have been ...

Preoccupied?

LOL!
Does she roleplay, so she could share her knowledge with us...
Mournblade Posted - 03 Jul 2003 : 20:53:39
I am now on summer vacation, but a certain Druidess (veterinary student) has been gracing me with her presence, so needless to say I have been ...

Preoccupied?

The Sage Posted - 03 Jul 2003 : 15:18:50
I have been told that a lot of regular visitors are having 'busy periods' at the moment. Taking myself as an example, I have several heavy philosophy exams coming up this month and the next that may take me away from Candlekeep for a few days .

Lord Rad Posted - 03 Jul 2003 : 13:51:45
This post isnt related to the subject of this topic but the title still fits.

So just "what the hell is going on"??? Where is everybody? Everytime i check new active topics the last page or so of each topic appears to be a conversation between Bookwyrm and Sage of Perth (im not having a go at you guys), why isnt anyone participating in these topics? Ive never known Candlekeep be so quiet and so dead

C'mon, lets get this party started! ....with Realms related topics of course!!
eilinel Posted - 05 Jun 2003 : 12:15:04
quite fast, although
and it doesn't sound very well, does it? Exilion, i don't like much. I prefer some like Ecthelion or Glorfindel, Fingolfin, Eilinel...
Bookwyrm Posted - 04 Jun 2003 : 07:04:33
Aha. Problem solved then.

::gives it no further thought::
Alaundo Posted - 04 Jun 2003 : 07:02:24
Well Met

quote:
Originally posted by Bookwyrm

Bookwyrm pulls out his copy of the Roll of Members, paging through it with a look of confusion on his face.

I'm afraid I don't see that name anywhere . . . .

::looks sheepishly as he walks back into the library after just closing the front gates to Candlekeep::

Hmmm, no youre not mistaken Bookwyrm, the scroll is quite correct

::wanders off whistling...quietly of course::
Bookwyrm Posted - 04 Jun 2003 : 06:57:41
Bookwyrm pulls out his copy of the Roll of Members, paging through it with a look of confusion on his face.

I'm afraid I don't see that name anywhere . . . .
Artalis Posted - 03 Jun 2003 : 19:43:03
And now we have a new scribe....Exiliana. Now if that's a coincidence I am gonna go buy some lottery tickets tonite!!!
eilinel Posted - 03 Jun 2003 : 09:16:00
im also a rogue in Candlekeep... well, i won't insult anybody, don't mind , im just checking out
::hide in the shadows::
George Krashos Posted - 27 May 2003 : 09:29:20
In future Alaundo, perhaps you could send them to spend some time with Miirym. You know how hungry she gets ...

-- George Krashos
The Sage Posted - 26 May 2003 : 09:06:30
I think I remember somebody by that name as well. I believe I encountered said individual at several different forums, and as I recall, I also think he once rejected my offers for help, and even hurled insults at me.

Oh well

Lord Rad Posted - 24 May 2003 : 11:31:20
Yeah I remember Rekindin, I dont recall that he stuck around for that long but his time here wasnt very pleasant.

zemd Posted - 24 May 2003 : 10:25:53
He was a rogue scribe in Candlekeep.
I talked to him and helped via AIM, and suddenly he began to write stupid posts
kahonen Posted - 24 May 2003 : 00:36:46
quote:
Hi All

Unfortunately not. Human nature and bad intentions cant be predicted. As Alaundo says, there are a couple of options open to us, one which we will introduce soon which should help a little, the other is more drastic but will ensure that NO bad posts will enter the forum at all. Lets see how it goes anyway. Hope this hasn't caused too much of a disruption to anyone.

I personally agree with Rad, just ignore the offenders, dont even read the post if it can be identified as offensive and it will be deleted as soon as possible.

While we are on this subject, I've just noticed the following post in the guest book:

Name: Korbin Deathstalker
Email:
DMPlayer: DM & Player
How did you find us?: Orginally Roaming months ago, Again from Spam on another site
Date: 2003-03-23
Time: 06:14:10

Comments:
I liked your site before, I have used it for gathering source for some of my FR writings, Gaming and other items I do to pass time. Reciently on another forum site I frequent and post to often, a certain Rekindlin started posting masses of Spam both advertiseing you and saying we needed to start a war against Candlekeep. I do not know what kind of Crack he got ahold of but I thought i would break down and come visit again and let you know about your troublesome member.

Anyone know who Rekindlin maight be or why he should have a grudge against Candlekeep?

Candlekeep Webmaster Posted - 23 May 2003 : 16:53:18
quote:
Originally posted by Malice

::sigh:: is there a way to somehow block these people before they start insulting others??

Hi All

Unfortunately not. Human nature and bad intentions cant be predicted. As Alaundo says, there are a couple of options open to us, one which we will introduce soon which should help a little, the other is more drastic but will ensure that NO bad posts will enter the forum at all. Lets see how it goes anyway. Hope this hasn't caused too much of a disruption to anyone.

I personally agree with Rad, just ignore the offenders, dont even read the post if it can be identified as offensive and it will be deleted as soon as possible.

Enjoy your postings!
Malice Posted - 23 May 2003 : 15:59:16
::sigh:: is there a way to somehow block these people before they start insulting others??

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000