Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 The Candlekeep Web Site
 Site Content
 The Candlekeep Theme Tune?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Jarl Magnus of Gurthang Posted - 19 Apr 2003 : 23:14:23
I deeply apologize if this post does not belong in the "site content" part, though I found nowhere else to put it.
The Tune initiating when one enters the site - where is it from? Who hast created it? And canst it be purchased anywhere at all? Iīve been wondering all since I found this place, about three quaters/half a year ago. Itīs really lovely, wouldst
some of you know of itīs origins (Master of he Lores - Alaundo I presume)?
Thank thee for attending to my ignorance of the worlds treasures,
most precious.

20   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Lady Kazandra Posted - 07 Jan 2005 : 05:39:32
quote:
Originally posted by The Sage

quote:
Originally posted by Lina

quote:

quote:

I also noticed the missing tune at the homepage. It was quite a change since I only had a short time to get used to it.

I think I have a copy of it saved somewhere here. I'm not entirely sure why it was saved, however I always did enjoy hearing the tune everytime I visited Candlekeep in the early days.

It seems that the more stuff you collect the happier we are.

Indeed . The only problem is... finding what I've collected . It's all well and good to save something that I've read or discovered elsewhere on the web, but there's something to be said for a little organisation.

I know that on occasion I've said that Leonardo da Vinci is a particularly favoured role-model of mine, but sometimes I think I take his nack for "information disorganisation"... a little too far... .

Ah! . . . So that's where all my past birthday and Christmas presents have gone too . . .
Kentinal Posted - 06 Jan 2005 : 21:51:47
quote:
Originally posted by SirUrza

Any chance of getting some Baldur's Gate, Icewind Dale, or Neverwinter Nights music on the main page? :)

While all things are posible, copyright might become a factor as to if legal or not.
SirUrza Posted - 06 Jan 2005 : 21:47:35
Any chance of getting some Baldur's Gate, Icewind Dale, or Neverwinter Nights music on the main page? :)
The Sage Posted - 05 Jan 2005 : 15:36:01
quote:

quote:

quote:

I also noticed the missing tune at the homepage. It was quite a change since I only had a short time to get used to it.

I think I have a copy of it saved somewhere here. I'm not entirely sure why it was saved, however I always did enjoy hearing the tune everytime I visited Candlekeep in the early days.

Indeed . The only problem is... finding what I've collected . It's all well and good to save something that I've read or discovered elsewhere on the web, but there's something to be said for a little organisation.

I know that on occasion I've said that Leonardo da Vinci is a particularly favoured role-model of mine, but sometimes I think I take his nack for "information disorganisation"... a little too far... .
Lina Posted - 05 Jan 2005 : 11:14:06
quote:

quote:

The Sage Posted - 05 Jan 2005 : 07:28:31
quote:

Lina Posted - 03 Jan 2005 : 12:48:41
SiriusBlack Posted - 02 Jan 2005 : 15:53:58
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

It's not a bad tune, but I myself am no fan of sounds that automatically play on websites. I used to either mute it or skip the first page because of that.

Right there with you. When a visitor was playing some music while browsing, I'm sure the tune was quite bothersome when first encountered.
Wooly Rupert Posted - 02 Jan 2005 : 15:38:17
It's not a bad tune, but I myself am no fan of sounds that automatically play on websites. I used to either mute it or skip the first page because of that.
Alaundo Posted - 02 Jan 2005 : 10:20:26
quote:
Originally posted by PhilBlit

Hi everyone. Long time member, first time poster(I think).

Has this song been removed from the front page load? I got a new computer several months back and don't recall hearing the song anymore. I actually can't remember the last time I heard it. I was one of those who enjoyed hearing it when I visited the site. I have no immediate desire to obtain the song, just that I miss the origins from which I discovered it.

Hope all is well with you. Long Live Candlekeep!

Well met, welcome to Candlekeep, glad ye decided to add thy name to the register of scribes

Indeed, the tune played upon arrival at the library has been removed. The tune, entitled "The Yewtree", received mixed opinions, and whilst the majority stated that the tune was quite pleasing, it sometimes interfered with reading and other tunes being played on individual machines.

Even so, I still play it myself from time to time. I'm a slave to nostalgia
PhilBlit Posted - 02 Jan 2005 : 06:52:02
Hi everyone. Long time member, first time poster(I think).

Has this song been removed from the front page load? I got a new computer several months back and don't recall hearing the song anymore. I actually can't remember the last time I heard it. I was one of those who enjoyed hearing it when I visited the site. I have no immediate desire to obtain the song, just that I miss the origins from which I discovered it.

Hope all is well with you. Long Live Candlekeep!
Malice Posted - 27 Apr 2003 : 22:25:03
Yes, i thought that the song sounded vaguely familiar; i wasn't able to find it anywhere on the site, so i was wondering if it was original...but now that a hear this, i am quite glad that you chose such a tune for the Candlekeep's theme; it is a really wonderful song ((although my firends say that is can get a wee bit annoying after hours at a time!))
Jarl Magnus of Gurthang Posted - 24 Apr 2003 : 18:00:30
Thank thee all, masters.
Alaundo Posted - 21 Apr 2003 : 22:02:54
Well Met

Indeed the tune you hear is entitled "The Yewtree" and is by The Battlefield Band. I cannot recall the original location of the tune but I will ensure that that tune is available in the Shrine of Milil soon enough.
branmakmuffin Posted - 21 Apr 2003 : 19:09:04
I never knew there was a MIDI tune on the site. I run my browser through a personal proxy called Proxomitron, and one thing I have it set to do is silence MIDI. Now I'll have to listen to it at least once.
Bookwyrm Posted - 21 Apr 2003 : 05:03:32
Well, It's not the catchiest music I ever heard, but it isn't bad. It can be annoying sometimes when you just want quiet or you're listening to something else, but it's still pretty good. In fact, when Sadon and Lost Elph introduced me to this site back in late January, the first thing I said was "Hmm, nice medieval music . . . ."
kahonen Posted - 21 Apr 2003 : 01:29:09
quote:
Originally posted by Bookwyrm

I don't know when or whom, but I do know where and what -- at least in a general fashion. It's a MIDI file called "yewtree" on the site. You can extract it from your Temporary Internet Files folder.

You should be able to find the tune somewhere on Candlekeep as an MP3. I converted it a while ago and sent it back to Rad. I seem to recall he posted it but I may be wrong (it has happened before )
Yasraena Posted - 20 Apr 2003 : 10:58:57

Thanks for the info BW. I hadn't thought of doing that!

Ah zemd! How can you say that?
I think it's a great tune (for a midi) and sets a very Realmsian mood to the site.
zemd Posted - 20 Apr 2003 : 10:49:20
I find the tune very boring. I listen to mp3s while i'm on the Internet and it mixes with the MIDI... so i have to quiet it
Bookwyrm Posted - 20 Apr 2003 : 05:49:39
I don't know when or whom, but I do know where and what -- at least in a general fashion. It's a MIDI file called "yewtree" on the site. You can extract it from your Temporary Internet Files folder.

If you don't know how to do that, email me and I'll tell you. I can also email the sequence, as it's a mere 14KB. However, extracting this sort of thing is very useful, so it's good to know.

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000