Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 The Candlekeep Web Site
 Site Content
 Profile Features

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Echon Posted - 09 Mar 2003 : 22:54:33
With the introduction of the Candlekeep Inn and some of the new features of the profiles, e.g. the Bio-section, I was wondering how easy it is to add new features or if there are any features already there but deactivated, e.g. numbers of log ons, amount of time logged on and other little titbits of information?

-Echon
25   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
The Sage Posted - 29 May 2003 : 09:41:46
Okay I won't ask, but the story behind the name certainly sounds interesting .

May your learning be free and unfettered

Brynweir Posted - 29 May 2003 : 02:21:02
I am also a "newbie", and I feel welcome here. Everyone has been wonderful.

I agree with MidNight that many people sign on because they have a single question they need answered. That's why I signed on. Happily, I found many intelligent and friendly people willing to share their knowledge. I must confess that I have been on every day since I registered last Friday (sometimes more than once a day), but that is not likely to continue for very long since I actually have to spend some real time working on the courses for my Master's Degree.

Incidentally, our group was called BEAST (Bellarmine Escapism And Strategy Team). It was a university club. *Don't ask!*
Malice Posted - 28 May 2003 : 19:06:01
::happy:: really? Oh, wow! This is nice! Someone actually likes my ideas! Tell that to my D&D group!
The Sage Posted - 28 May 2003 : 15:40:43
Actually I like this idea.

My gaming group and I spent many days thinking about a name for our group. There were many suggestions but the one that seemed to stick, and since we are nearly all programmers was The Electronic Knights of the Round Table. It also helps that our gaming table is actually round.

So I am all for this idea .

Good learning...

- The Sage of Perth: For all your Realms Lore needs

Malice Posted - 23 May 2003 : 02:49:25
::notes the glare and raises hands:: Alright, alright! Fine, I'll stop. Sheesh. ::looks at others:: you should make an option to put in the name of your D&D group in the profile features, yeah?
Laurelessa Posted - 23 May 2003 : 02:45:11
I'm here so I can develop my character more, so my DM doesn't keep shrieking at me to do it. ::glares at Malice:: But I plan to stay around longer than taht, because I like the way the whole site is set up.
Malice Posted - 12 May 2003 : 19:13:12
::holds a sign that says 'we are all welcome here! :: yes! even drow are tolerated!
MidNight Posted - 13 Mar 2003 : 12:20:00
quote:
Originally posted by zemd

Yes, a lot of newbies come here, but they soon don't post anymore. Maybe aren't we enough welcoming?

Being a bit of a newbie myself I can guarantee you that you're welcoming enough I think it depends on what users are searching for on the forum. Some visitors only have one question, ask around and that's the last of them. Others want to learn about the Realms constantly and therefore will stay around. I think that's got a lot to do with it. I don't think it has got anything to do with you, warm welcoming scribes as you are. You're always willing to grant information to whoever comes by and obviously like it if people stay here. That's a very nice idea, and a very welcoming feeling, to my opinion.
Echon Posted - 11 Mar 2003 : 10:45:29
quote:
Originally posted by Mumadar Ibn Huzal

And I'm sure Winthrop would side with the old scribe on this...

That is peculiar. How would you know such a thing?

-Echon
Mumadar Ibn Huzal Posted - 11 Mar 2003 : 10:41:10
And I'm sure Winthrop would side with the old scribe on this...
Bookwyrm Posted - 11 Mar 2003 : 00:14:37
Been there, done that, got admonished by Alaundo for it . . . .
zemd Posted - 10 Mar 2003 : 21:19:34
Weird, it would be cool too fight for stupid, complete and utter and total absolute nonsense gibberish!!!
Echon Posted - 10 Mar 2003 : 19:43:17
quote:
Originally posted by Mumadar Ibn Huzal
IMO race and class are more then emough, a description is much better. Since this is more free-from roleplaying, the stats are of no importance and would only distract. Personally, a well rounded description and maybe a common-knowledge history of the character is enough.

What? Are you suggesting that you would not want to see fights occuring in the Inn as to who has got the most spells, the best fighter or the most +s (plusses)?

-Echon
Mumadar Ibn Huzal Posted - 10 Mar 2003 : 17:39:45
quote:
Originally posted by Bookwyrm

Actually, I've been wondering about a feature to show when the last logon time was . . . that way, if we wanted to know about a missing scribe (i.e., King Tiax) we'd know if (s)he was Internet-dead (30 days and you're considered dead to the Internet. )

I'm sure that some would find such things too privacy-invasive, which is probably why the Head Scribes haven't put that up.

You know, one thing that might be good is a chart of character stats . . . so many of us are in-character a large part of the time, even when you dicount the Inn. What if we had a form we could fill out, if we chose to do so, showing race, class, alignment, etc? Would that be feasible?

(Um, not trying to make any work for the venerable Head Scribes, of course . . . . )

IMO race and class are more then emough, a description is much better. Since this is more free-from roleplaying, the stats are of no importance and would only distract. Personally, a well rounded description and maybe a common-knowledge history of the character is enough.
Echon Posted - 10 Mar 2003 : 17:08:53
Anything not related to the Forgotten Realms.

-Echon
zemd Posted - 10 Mar 2003 : 17:02:33
quote:
Originally posted by Echon

quote:

Yes, a lot of newbies come here, but they soon don't post anymore. Maybe aren't we enough welcoming?

Or perhaps too welcoming. Seriouly though, I do not think *that* is a problem.

Perhaps they feel that the 'topic' of the forums, the Forgotten Realms, is too narrow and limited, that there is a finite amount of things to be discussed. Not that I am complaining and I certainly do not intend to get into that old off topics discussion again.

-Echon

What do you mean by off topics?
Echon Posted - 10 Mar 2003 : 16:48:04
quote:

Or perhaps too welcoming. Seriouly though, I do not think *that* is a problem.

Perhaps they feel that the 'topic' of the forums, the Forgotten Realms, is too narrow and limited, that there is a finite amount of things to be discussed. Not that I am complaining and I certainly do not intend to get into that old off topics discussion again.

-Echon
zemd Posted - 10 Mar 2003 : 16:42:57
Echon Posted - 10 Mar 2003 : 12:24:58
quote:
Originally posted by Candlekeep Webmaster
Correct. Ill take a look into it sometime soon. I suspect that there are very few regular and active visitors

I think that I disagree. There are some people whom I see here nearly everyday. Of course, it is a matter of how one defines few. I have been to forums where there were constantly 20-30 people online and one of the top-posters had more than 28000 posts.

-Echon
Bookwyrm Posted - 10 Mar 2003 : 10:16:55
Booo!

Yay!

And as for the stats . . . I know you can put it in the Bio. That's what I did, obviously. It's just I was thinking it would look better if there were dropdown selectors or seperate fields for race, class, etc. Just aesthetics, that's all . . . .

Candlekeep Webmaster Posted - 10 Mar 2003 : 09:19:27
quote:
Originally posted by Echon
Great. So it is a feature already in the forum code that you simply need to apply to ordinary memebers?

Correct. Ill take a look into it sometime soon. I suspect that there are very few regular and active visitors
Echon Posted - 10 Mar 2003 : 08:25:51
Great. So it is a feature already in the forum code that you simply need to apply to ordinary memebers?

-Echon
Candlekeep Webmaster Posted - 10 Mar 2003 : 08:22:44
Hi all

The BIO area of the profile was added to provide a location for basic character stats such as Race and Class for use in the Candlekeep Inn.

As for other fields, there IS a way to show last login date on the member list pages....... but it is only available to forum administrators ::waits for the boo's and hisses to die down::

However, it is a nice feature so ill see about getting it included for everyone. ::waits very patiently for the cheers::
Echon Posted - 10 Mar 2003 : 07:09:28
It seems relatively easy to me to add such details to the Bio where people have already begun to add race, class, etc...

-Echon
Bookwyrm Posted - 10 Mar 2003 : 03:42:25
Actually, I've been wondering about a feature to show when the last logon time was . . . that way, if we wanted to know about a missing scribe (i.e., King Tiax) we'd know if (s)he was Internet-dead (30 days and you're considered dead to the Internet. )

I'm sure that some would find such things too privacy-invasive, which is probably why the Head Scribes haven't put that up.

You know, one thing that might be good is a chart of character stats . . . so many of us are in-character a large part of the time, even when you dicount the Inn. What if we had a form we could fill out, if we chose to do so, showing race, class, alignment, etc? Would that be feasible?

(Um, not trying to make any work for the venerable Head Scribes, of course . . . . )

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000