Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 The Candlekeep Web Site
 Site Content
 Something I'd like to see on this site

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Yasraena Posted - 14 Sep 2003 : 05:35:24
I know this site is focused on the Forgotten Realms, but I'd really like to see a section devoted to discussions of other D&D worlds like Darksun, Greyhawk, Planescape and even Dragonlance. (ugh)
There have been many discussions of these other worlds already in the forums, so why not give them their own section? I'm sure they'd be received with a great response, and I think it would add some diversity to this already awesome site.
Probably just wishful thinking on my part, but I had to put the idea out there anyway.
Lets hear what you all think.
30   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
The Sage Posted - 25 Dec 2003 : 14:34:36
Which tome Rad?...

Lord Rad Posted - 24 Dec 2003 : 17:49:10
Bah! Seems im outnumbered

LONG LIVE THE REALMS!

::secretly opens his desk drawer and removes a huge tome dedicated to Ravenloft::

Well if ya cant beat 'em...
Arivia Posted - 24 Dec 2003 : 16:46:31
So am I, Yasraena...so am I...

And I can join the Cardinal in the mop breaking...but I won't deprive this library of valuable resources...*gently lays mop to one side*

It should make some discussions here quite easier.

So, thank you very much, Alaundo, and the rest of the staff here at Candlekeep!
The Cardinal Posted - 24 Dec 2003 : 14:12:35
WILL YOU QUIT THAT BLOODY WAILING TO THAT FALSE DROW?!?!

Besides... you should sing praises to Alaundo and the Admins. We must remain, humble and accept this with quite dignity and grace...

* As he walks off he lets out a whoop and breaks his mop over his knee and tosses it away*
The Sage Posted - 24 Dec 2003 : 08:01:32
Yes, and I'll add to Yasraena's list...What about discussion for homebrew settings?...

Yasraena Posted - 24 Dec 2003 : 03:21:58

YES! YES! YES! Who says being a pain in the ass never gets you anywhere?
This is great news Alauando! I sincerely thank you and the rest of the admins here for creating this for us.
This will always be first and foremost a Forgotten Realms forum, but as I've said before, there are a lot of topics that come accross these boards that don't really fit in discussions of the Realms per se. But it doesn't make them any less relevant to the numerous scribes here that still wish to discuss them.
This new room... it will be home to any non-realms/gaming/fantasy/etc type discussions, I take it, yes?
I'm looking forward to posting in this room when it becomes available to us.

Thank you so much again!!

(Yasraena is seen skipping down the corridor in joy and singing the praises of Eilistraee and our great head scribe)
The Cardinal Posted - 23 Dec 2003 : 20:26:17
NO more cleaning for me!!!

Although I would say that Indeed this room shouldn't be totally Non Realms, but perhaps items, ideas, and even characters, who may find themselves wandering into realmspace...
Lord Rad Posted - 23 Dec 2003 : 17:15:41
quote:
Originally posted by Sage of Perth

This is indeed most welcome news...

What do the rest of you think?.

Hmmmm not sure. There are other sites dedicated to other campaign worlds...is there really a place for them within Candlekeep?!
The Sage Posted - 23 Dec 2003 : 09:52:39
This is indeed most welcome news...

What do the rest of you think?.

Alaundo Posted - 23 Dec 2003 : 09:25:02
quote:
Originally posted by Sage of Perth

Just a quick ask -

Has there been any new developments on the possible inclusion of an extra forum section dedicated to discussion on non-FR campaign settings?.

Well met

Indeed, my dear Sage. The new year will see such a room of which you speak.
The Sage Posted - 23 Dec 2003 : 09:17:37
Just a quick ask -

Has there been any new developments on the possible inclusion of an extra forum section dedicated to discussion on non-FR campaign settings?.

Bookwyrm Posted - 01 Dec 2003 : 15:34:28
::clutches at chest in shock ::
Alaundo Posted - 01 Dec 2003 : 08:40:04
Well met

Hmmmmm, chaos will get you nowhere, Yasraena

I totally agree with you with regard to the calibre of scribes here at Candlekeep and I take my hat off to all those who contribute to this library.

Maybe ill open up a new shelf in the library soon....... I believe theres another world far from Toril which has something around this time of year to do with the Season of Goodwill or some such
Yasraena Posted - 01 Dec 2003 : 07:07:55
quote:
Originally posted by Alaundo
...and of course we do recognise other such Realms, talk has been ongoing for some time now amongst to Head Scribes to have a room dedicated to Al-Qadim, as Zakhara is part of Toril after all, and also not forgetting our Other World Portals.

Yes, the links are cool, but we need a section for discussion!
I'm sorry if I seem to be beating a dead horse here, but the more I log onto this wonderful site, the more I see topics outside of Faerun just wanting to be talked about.

I will add this as well... the main reason I'm pulling for this is because this place has some of the most intelligent members on the 'net. There are other sites out there that have (and I use the term very loosely) 'discussions' on other worlds, but they mostly revert to immature BS, name calling, etc. I really want to have a place that has these discussions with the type of members we have here. Well spoken and written people who actually have something relevant to say.
Besides, what kind of keepers of knowledge would we be, if we limit the very knowledge we keep?

OK. I'll shut up about this now. I hope the powers that be will hear my cry for a small corner of the keep for this.

And if they don't, we'll just find a way to sneak it by 'em anyway! Heh heh heh!

Just kidding Alaundo!
Really, that was just the drow in me talking.
William of Waterdeep Posted - 16 Sep 2003 : 19:14:00
Sorry Alaundo,,
I didn't catch that!!!! I am corrected sir!!!
Thanks.
Alaundo Posted - 16 Sep 2003 : 18:44:44
quote:
Originally posted by William of Waterdeep

Don't worry about it my friend,I understand and was joking
I am just glad you made the post!!!! WE need a place to talk about these specific worlds.I would like to learn more myself.If any place should have knowledge of these worlds it should be [purple]Candle Keep
,The best site on the web..

Well Met

Ahem, thats "Candlekeep", William of Waterdeep

...and of course we do recognise other such Realms, talk has been ongoing for some time now amongst to Head Scribes to have a room dedicated to Al-Qadim, as Zakhara is part of Toril after all, and also not forgetting our Other World Portals.
Alaundo Posted - 16 Sep 2003 : 18:25:58
quote:
Originally posted by Bookwyrm

Wow. Mark the calander and declare a holiday, folks. Never thought I'd see Alaundo considering such a thing . . . .

Why the cheek of some Scribes! No sooner are they behind their new desk in the Masters of Realmslore chamber.....
William of Waterdeep Posted - 16 Sep 2003 : 17:46:19
quote:
Originally posted by Yasraena

Originally posted by William Of Waterdeep
quote:
You Yasraena; You are fantastic,and brilliant just tone down the (ugh) when used behind Dragonlance.

Yasraena wrote:(quote)
Yeah, sorry 'bout that Will. Dragonlance has been a thorn in my side since I literally forced myself to finish the original trilogy because I got the paperback set as a gift. Just something about that world that rubs me the wrong way. I really think it's the authors style of writing that did it.
That and the frigging Kender.
Buuuut, it IS a very popular world.

Originally posted by Fibura Gauntlet
quote:
And Spelljammer and al-Qadim! (Unless you left them out because they touch FR already)

Yasraena wrote:(quote)
Well, Al-Qadim is part of FR, albeit not one of it's most popular worlds, so I didn't think about adding it in the list. But Spelljammer completely slipped my mind. There's also Mystara and Ravenloft too.

I'm glad to see that there are at least a few of you out there that would like to see this addition as well.

I am just glad you made the post!!!! WE need a place to talk about these specific worlds.I would like to learn more myself.If any place should have knowledge of these worlds it should be Candle Keep
,The best site on the web..
The Sage Posted - 16 Sep 2003 : 08:50:04
Bookwyrm said -
quote:
I suspect I still wouldn't mind, since I tried reading one of the anthologies.
By any chance, do you remember the name of that particular book?.

The Cardinal Posted - 16 Sep 2003 : 06:11:00
Yasraena, what an excellent Idea , a room dedicated to other material planes.... I'm amazed it wasn't asked about before but then, it seems as if the other material planes haven't been of any intrest to anyone until now, of course I could be wrong. But I ramble, a great idea, brought forth from an...ok person... I'd say a great person but you being a harper.... well let's just say I haven't had the best expeiences with Harpers.... yes and leave it at that. Bravo!
Bookwyrm Posted - 16 Sep 2003 : 04:09:19
quote:
Originally posted by Yasraena

Dragonlance has been a thorn in my side since I literally forced myself to finish the original trilogy because I got the paperback set as a gift. Just something about that world that rubs me the wrong way. [/font=Tahoma]

Same here, Yasraena. 'Cept I didn't get it as a gift, my brother made me promise to read all three. He thinks it's awesome, but it just didn't fit right. The kendar weren't all that annoying, but then I wasn't used to fantasies with halfling-like creatures, outside of The Hobbit and such. I don't know how I would react to them now (it's been something like seven years).

I suspect I still wouldn't mind, since I tried reading one of the anthologies. I figured I'd try something with multiple authors, short reading, and wide overview of the world, just to see if it had been those three. It wasn't. The kendar didn't get my goat (if nothing else, the tinker gnomes did). On the whole, I didn't like a single story in it.
Yasraena Posted - 16 Sep 2003 : 03:56:19
Originally posted by William Of Waterdeep
quote:
You Yasraena; You are fantastic,and brilliant just tone down the (ugh) when used behind Dragonlance.

Yeah, sorry 'bout that Will. Dragonlance has been a thorn in my side since I literally forced myself to finish the original trilogy because I got the paperback set as a gift. Just something about that world that rubs me the wrong way. I really think it's the authors style of writing that did it.
That and the frigging Kender.
Buuuut, it IS a very popular world.

Originally posted by Fibura Gauntlet
quote:
And Spelljammer and al-Qadim! (Unless you left them out because they touch FR already)

Well, Al-Qadim is part of FR, albeit not one of it's most popular worlds, so I didn't think about adding it in the list. But Spelljammer completely slipped my mind. There's also Mystara and Ravenloft too.

I'm glad to see that there are at least a few of you out there that would like to see this addition as well.
Fibura Gauntlet Posted - 15 Sep 2003 : 15:16:52
My area of knowledge, such as it is, is DragonLance. Hence my not posting too often I would imagine that everyone has similar curiosity about elements of the other worlds as that which brought me here.

I would love to hear peoples thoughts on preservers and defilers or the effects of Krynns moons on spellcasting. I imagine a lot of such subjects would become discussions of how to incorporate elements of other worlds into FR which is no bad thing

quote:
I know this site is focused on the Forgotten Realms, but I'd really like to see a section devoted to discussions of other D&D worlds like Darksun, Greyhawk, Planescape and even Dragonlance.
William of Waterdeep Posted - 15 Sep 2003 : 08:33:09
quote:
Originally posted by Arivia

Eleint 14th is now the Festival of Other Worlds!

Ha Ha,Well said!! I am happy to hear this although I wasn't brave enough to suggest it.

Arivia Posted - 15 Sep 2003 : 04:19:20
Eleint 14th is now the Festival of Other Worlds!
Bookwyrm Posted - 15 Sep 2003 : 04:16:30
Wow. Mark the calander and declare a holiday, folks. Never thought I'd see Alaundo considering such a thing . . . .
The Sage Posted - 14 Sep 2003 : 15:23:51
Thanks for taking the time to consider this request Alaundo, it means alot.

Alaundo Posted - 14 Sep 2003 : 09:27:00
Well Met

What say thee?! Non-Realmslore tomes and scrolls in the greatest library in all of Faerun!?

Ill see if I can persuade the higher powers to make room for a bookcase in a corner somewhere
The Sage Posted - 14 Sep 2003 : 07:16:33
This is an excellent idea . Good suggestion Yasraena. It would be nice just to have one extra forum section dedicated to non-FR campaign settings.

I know from personal experience, that since I have been making mention of several Planescape/Dragonlance themes in my threads, I have had emails from scribes here at Candlekeep wanting to know more. Perhaps something like this idea Yasraena mentioned, is worth considering.

MuadDib Posted - 14 Sep 2003 : 06:30:20
I dont know any of those other books, or realms, but since there seems to be some convergence between them anyway (see the Seven Sisters) I dont see why a discussion about them would be a bad thing

I certainly would be interested in learning more, and would much rather learn from the gathered intellect here, than from some other site where I know noone...

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000