Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 The Candlekeep Web Site
 Site Content
 Music in the Candlekeep website

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
BARDOBARBAROS Posted - 20 Apr 2008 : 08:51:29
I'm wondering about the possibility of placing music or sounds in the Candlekeep website ...I mean while someone being in Candlekeep to hear music which will accompany the reading.This music could be epic themes from games or movies.. By sounds I mean for example the sound of the torches while burning in the main page..I want to read your opinion about it...
12   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Kentinal Posted - 18 Nov 2013 : 02:12:36
quote:
Originally posted by Alruane

Perhaps an optional program to allow those that want the music on, to turn it on. Or turn it off if you do not wish for it to be on.

Well maybe Candlekeep 2 could offer such an option, of that I am not sure. In general any site tries to send all the content it provides, the vids, the sounds, etc. and does not worry about if the user wants it or their system can even handle it. I get system crashes from advert scripts as it is. I clearly do not want more crashes.
BEAST Posted - 18 Nov 2013 : 01:49:52
Crackling flames from torch sconces, shuffling papers from scrolls or codices, creaking door hinges, thumps from chairs being slid across the floor tiles...

Definitely would like sound effects/music, but users must have local control. It should not auto-play. It definitely should not auto-play every time the site is loaded and require users to have to turn it off, every time.
Alruane Posted - 18 Nov 2013 : 01:30:15
Perhaps an optional program to allow those that want the music on, to turn it on. Or turn it off if you do not wish for it to be on.
Kentinal Posted - 18 Nov 2013 : 01:07:04
I do not have a sound card because of my desire, to add sound to the website would slow load time for something I do not need or desire.
Alruane Posted - 17 Nov 2013 : 23:22:25
It would be rather interesting and provide some great ambiance if the site had music or sounds. Maybe a crackling fire sound for certain areas, raining, melodic music you'd hear in a tavern from a bard. Etc.
Wooly Rupert Posted - 20 Apr 2008 : 16:31:15
I don't mind downloadable music, but I dislike music that automatically plays when you visit a website. That Yewtree tune bugged me when I first came to this site... I used to listen to a lot of MP3s on my computer, so any other noises were unwelcome.

Now that I have a stereo with a USB port, I listen to MP3s on it, and keep the sound on my computer turned down or muted.
Kes_Alanadel Posted - 20 Apr 2008 : 16:23:09
Music is one thing that will annoy me to no end on websites, especially if there is no way to mute/turn it off. If there is music playing, chances are I won't read the site at all. But that's just my opinion, lol.

~Kes
Victor_ograygor Posted - 20 Apr 2008 : 15:53:31
No. I do not want music and sounds in Candlekeep

I like it as it is... quite as in a library, and I hope it stays that way.
GRYPHON Posted - 20 Apr 2008 : 14:40:03
Music would be a nice addition...
Jorkens Posted - 20 Apr 2008 : 11:44:32
I am not really interested, I have enough music here anyway. But I rarely have the PC-speakers on anyway, so it would not be to much of an annoyance.
BARDOBARBAROS Posted - 20 Apr 2008 : 09:26:48
Yes! I want music and sounds in Candlekeep

quote:
Originally posted by The Sage

We once did have music playing in the background of the Main Site of Candlekeep. 'Twas "The Yewtree" by The Battlefield Band. The tune played upon arrival at the library, though it has since been removed. It received mixed opinions, and whilst the majority stated that the tune was quite pleasing, it sometimes interfered with reading and other tunes being played on individual machines.

It's available for download through the 'Shrine of Milil' here at Candlekeep.

That is good track!!
The Sage Posted - 20 Apr 2008 : 08:58:02
We once did have music playing in the background of the Main Site of Candlekeep. 'Twas "The Yewtree" by The Battlefield Band. The tune played upon arrival at the library, though it has since been removed. It received mixed opinions, and whilst the majority stated that the tune was quite pleasing, it sometimes interfered with reading and other tunes being played on individual machines.

It's available for download through the 'Shrine of Milil' here at Candlekeep.

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000