Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 The Candlekeep Web Site
 Site Content
 Candlekeep Site Update - 30 Dec 2007

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Alaundo Posted - 30 Dec 2007 : 16:48:18
Well met

Herein is the last site update of 2007. A small, but marvelous selection of submissions to round off the year. Many thanks to all those who have contributed over the past 12 months and kept Candlekeep alive

1) Updated pages for: The Annotated Elminster, Scepter Tower of Spellgard and Forgotten Realms Campaign Guide.

2) A first for Candlekeep - A full-length novel, entitled Fates' Guide, by David Hart (Ozzalum) is available for download as the full version or an excerpt. Located in the Campaign Logs section.

3) An excellent, extensive article entitled On Harpies, by J.L. Cordell (a.k.a. Laerrigan). Available in the Traveler's Notebooks section.

4) Updates of words and phrases to the Elven Dictionary, by Steven Sypa.

5) Many more character illustrations by Jason Chambers in the Gallery of Faerūn.

6) Updated Links page to replace\remove dead links (thanks to Ergdusch for the research).

As always, these items can be viewed directly via links on the Home Page and News page.
10   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Jorkens Posted - 15 Jan 2008 : 13:31:41
quote:
Originally posted by Kuje

quote:
Originally posted by Kaysae

Is there anything holding up the So Saith Ed PDF compilations? I know Kuje's .doc file is updated through 07.

Yes, there are things holding it up but hopefully soon it will be updated by someone..... As for me updating them, because Alaundo used to turn my HTML files into PDFs, it isn't going to be me that compiles them.

So yes, I guess I just publicly announced that I've stepped down about taking care of the files and there are discussions taking place about who is going to take my place and where my files are being stored from now on.

Also, I want Ed and THO to know that I apologize for just decided to no longer take care of the files but at this time I have other commitments that need to be focused on. I truly do apologize to Ed and THO though.

I will just chime in with further thanks for all the work you have put into these compilations for the last few years Kuje. These are the greatest source of Realmslore published in years and a constant source of joy and study.
The Sage Posted - 15 Jan 2008 : 06:29:56
quote:

quote:

Is there anything holding up the So Saith Ed PDF compilations? I know Kuje's .doc file is updated through 07.

Yes, there are things holding it up but hopefully soon it will be updated by someone..... As for me updating them, because Alaundo used to turn my HTML files into PDFs, it isn't going to be me that compiles them.

So yes, I guess I just publicly announced that I've stepped down about taking care of the files and there are discussions taking place about who is going to take my place and where my files are being stored from now on.

Also, I want Ed and THO to know that I apologize for just decided to no longer take care of the files but at this time I have other commitments that need to be focused on. I truly do apologize to Ed and THO though.

Well, I may as well let all our resident scribes know that I'll be taking on the work of compiling Ed's replies, and coding them for eventual storage here at Candlekeep. I'll be picking up directly where Kuje left off, specifically, after the first week of January '08. I've not settled on a website for storing the compiled [and uncoded] files as of yet. I'm looking into some options for that.

Until then, the compilation of Ed's valuable Realmslore posted here at Candlekeep, will continue. I intend to maintain the same level of quality and professionalism that Kuje has already established. I'm really looking forward to working with both Ed and [very closely] with the Lady Hooded One [] in continuing to provide reliable access to one of Candlekeep's most wondrous treasures -- Ed's Realmslore.

And let me just take this opportunity to say... "Thank you Kuje, for a job exceptionally well done!"
Kuje Posted - 15 Jan 2008 : 06:28:20
Thanks Kaysae and Knight for the comments.

It just was time for me to hand the files over to Alaundo.
KnightErrantJR Posted - 15 Jan 2008 : 05:40:38
quote:

quote:

I'd just like to say thank you for doing this as long as you have. I understand this was a major commitment, and its been very useful to me. I really appreciate the effort that went into keeping this project going.
Kaysae Posted - 15 Jan 2008 : 05:34:59
quote:

Oh, well thank you for all your work keeping track of things for the rest of us, Kuje.
Kuje Posted - 15 Jan 2008 : 05:01:04
quote:

Kaysae Posted - 15 Jan 2008 : 03:50:26
Fillow Posted - 31 Dec 2007 : 10:09:21
Allright Alaundo !
Your method is efficient ! Actually !

Thanks again.
Alaundo Posted - 31 Dec 2007 : 00:28:20
quote:
Originally posted by Fillow

Alaundo,
did you Voluntarily forget to insert links in pages titles you quoted above ?
It could be so easier to reach the named parts.

It's already difficult enough to translate all what is written on the website... You could make me spare so many time !

But the Candlekeep website and forum stay my preferred foreighn websites !
Thanks a lot for all that you make us learn about our preferred universe.

Well met

Not at all, my dear Fillow. I purposely don't link to the sections in the site update announcements and prefer instead to allow ye to go to the Home page or News page for the links, thus patching you into the site itself rather than having to revert back to the forum thread for each link. The bold entries above are simply to assist those who wish to skim through quickly for key points. There's method in my madness
Fillow Posted - 30 Dec 2007 : 23:44:04
Alaundo,
did you Voluntarily forget to insert links in pages titles you quoted above ?
It could be so easier to reach the named parts.

It's already difficult enough to translate all what is written on the website... You could make me spare so many time !

But the Candlekeep website and forum stay my preferred foreighn websites !
Thanks a lot for all that you make us learn about our preferred universe.

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000