Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 Adventuring
 Which Bladesinger do you use?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Bladedancer Posted - 06 Jun 2006 : 18:42:53
In your campaigns which Bladesinger do you use the one from Races of Faerun or the one from Complete Warrior?
8   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Purple Dragon Knight Posted - 15 Jun 2006 : 19:16:42
I use the Complete Warrior version. In the rules framework of 3.5 (i.e. with haste spell not granting casters an additional spell per round anymore), the RoF version is too powerful.

Edit: I will add this, however. To make the Complete Warrior version effective in battle, one must take at least 3 levels of Swashbuckler. This way, the bladesinger not only add his/her Int bonus to AC, but also to damage. I have a Swashbuckler/Rogue/Duelist in my campaign, and this little combo (i.e. add Int to both AC and damage, as per Duelist's Canny Defense and Swashbuckler's Insightful Strike abilities, respectively) is what he needed to make him on par with the party's fighter.
Reefy Posted - 14 Jun 2006 : 02:03:03
I don't like either, to be honest. Trying to draw up my own version has been on my list of things to play about with for some time.
sleyvas Posted - 09 Jun 2006 : 01:18:09
I use the complete warrior one. Granted I've only had one bladesinger, and that one was an NPC I used in a single adventure. The reason I like it more is that you aren't confined to only X spells. If you want to be a bard bladesinger, a sorceror bladesinger, a wizard bladesinger, a warmage bladesinger, a spellthief bladesinger, or even... and these would be odder... an assassin bladesinger (drow?), a hexblade bladesinger (drow?), or a dread necromancer bladesinger (definitely drow). I picture the bladesingers teaching the art of combining swordplay and spellcasting, but not any specific type of spellcasting (assuming the basis for most arcane spellcasting is the same, its just the nuances and studies that make the difference).

Phillip aka Sleyvas
Bladedancer Posted - 08 Jun 2006 : 14:38:35
I own both myself. But having not played one since 2nd edetion I was wondering which one everyone thought was closest to that fun character kit.
scererar Posted - 08 Jun 2006 : 02:39:56
here's an additional question to pose here with regards to which Bladesinger version do you use.

Which sourcebook do you own?

This, in my opinion plays an important aspect in determining a general consensus of which version would be more realmsian. I own both and once again, would use a realms sourcebook over a core book, to determine what is canon in "my" realms.
Chosen of Bane Posted - 07 Jun 2006 : 04:55:45
I use the Complete Warrior version in my games.
scererar Posted - 07 Jun 2006 : 03:46:54
I would stick with the realms version. I have been noticing though, with the newer "core" books, that there has been quite a bit of setting crossover happening. Anyone else noticing this? To stay on topic though, I would always choose a realms depiction as canon, over even a newer reference, in a core book.
KnightErrantJR Posted - 06 Jun 2006 : 18:48:25
I know its not the right "official" answer, but I would use the RoF bladesingers if it came up, mainly because CW bladesingers seem a bit unfocused compared to them, and because RoF bladesingers still have a "purpose" if you use duskblades from the PH II.

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000