Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 Adventuring
 Scribes' Field Reports: Cult of the Dragon

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
KnightErrantJR Posted - 08 May 2006 : 00:45:12
As with the Zhentarim Field Report thread, I just wanted to open up a thread that had to do with how you have used, or encountered, various power groups in the Realms, so that others might get some ideas for their campaign, and people that might never have used the power group in question might get an idea of how other people see them operating or have used them.

If you have any stories about how you have included the Cult of the Dragon in your campaign, or if you have had a PC that ran into agents of the Cult, please, feel free to post the information here.

Thanks.
2   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Kaladorm Posted - 08 May 2006 : 13:10:39
In my campaign, the Blood of Lathander was being transported from Hap to Essembra, but the caravan got waylaid and the artifact taken.

The adventurers followed the trail to Aencars Manor, where in the dungeon they find a shrine set up by an evil cleric. In the middle of the shrine is a skeletal dragon, as well as a number of other undead. The party arrive in time to see the skeleton attempt to crush the Blood in it's jaws, but the artifact remains intact. Light blasts from the stone which destroys the lesser undead and damages the dragon. Unfortunately the dragon kills the Paladin of Lathander who was leading the party. The rest of the party then finish off the cleric and the skeletal dragon, and discover on the clerics body a ring in the shape of a dragon.

They return the Blood and the Paladin is resurrected with the blessing of Lathander, on the proviso that he must complete a quest given to him by his god.

They travel to Ashabenford, where they are ambushed by a green dragon. They kill the dragon but are then captured by a powerful member of the cult. They are kept locked up, and they meet the leader, who places a geas on them, and cursed rings (in the shape of the dragon) which they cannot take off. The green dragon which they killed is raised as a dracolich in front of them, and the newly raised dracolich consumes a member of the party. Part of the geas says they must continue on their mission given to them by the church of lathander, and they must report to their capturer in the Velvet Veil in 3 days time.

They then set about getting the geas and the rings removed (on the way they get attacked by Zhents who believe them to be cultists), but still go to the meeting with the cultist. The cultist lays down a zone of truth after noticing they have removed their rings (and presumably the geas) and proceeds to question them. When the party begin to take control of the meeting, he tleports away with a word of recall.

Thats their involvement in my campaign so far but expect many more encounters with them. Likely the Zhents too but I'll post on your other thread in a few months when they meet the zhents :)
KnightErrantJR Posted - 08 May 2006 : 00:52:49
This was another plot thread in my campaign that the PCs never really figured out, which in a way I kind of like. It keeps things moving behind the scenes.

Jarwain Evensword, in Ashabenford, had managed to spy on the PCs when they travelled to Glen, the dwarven settlement to the east of Ashabenford, and found out that they may have some knowledge of where to buy dragon eggs.

Jarwain contacted the least wise member of the party (the Lythari) and promised him a great deal of wealth if the PCs could set Jarwain up with some of the dragon eggs from the egg dealers in Glen (who don't just let anyone know that they sell them).

The PCs were leary of Jarwain, so they camped out and spied on his shop one night, and they found a member of the Cormyrean War Wizards slinking into the shop. When they managed to get some clues from Jarwain and eavesdrop of the War Wizard, they beleived that Cormyr was interested in aquiring dragon eggs for possible Purple Dragon mounts, and that Jarwain was just acting as the middleman.

Since most of the PCs were originally from Cormyr, they actually accepted that Cormyr might be trying to boost its military with dragon mounts after recent events, and took the explanation at face value.

In the mean time, Jarwain was working as the middleman for the Cormyreans while also aquireing eggs for the Cult of the Dragon and funneling information on Cormyr's purchases to the Cult.

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000