Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 Adventuring
 Anyone up for a email game?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Kuje Posted - 25 Oct 2005 : 04:45:47
So,

Arivia and the Sage expressed interest in me running a email game. :) I'm looking for at least two more players but I'd like to max it to around six players.

Um, I use the FRCS rules still for feats and equipment. So, as a homebrew rule, you can take one regional feat for free plus your other feats and one of the regional items. Oh, yeah start at first level and use max HP's for class, max money, and for stats I use 4d6 drop the lowest and then arrange the seven #'s to taste. I say seven because I use Comulness still and I spelled that so badly. :) Oh, the Star elves are out and in my FR the Wood/Wild elves are still the same subrace so use the wood elf stats. I also kept the 2e rules for the deities, lay worshippers, and divine casters, so there is no 1 step rule.

ECL... I tend to ignore but I might say no to a race that is chosen if it doesn't suit the campaign. Once I get character sheets, I'll flush out the campaign. My FR is different as well but I'd have to find my file where I have some of the changes detailed... if I still have it and it wasn't lost in a HD death.

As an email game, it'll be more RP and less combat.
30   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Kajehase Posted - 05 Mar 2006 : 19:10:09
Whee! Another "right-side-of-the-pool"er Welcome to the team Raaf.
Raaf Posted - 02 Mar 2006 : 22:07:22
Hi all,

Im the newest player to this emailgame, and i just sent my first mail around. Im new to dnd through mail, and im expecting it to be a lot of fun. If anyone wants more info on my char, appearance for example, drop a line to t.vanravesteijn@gmail.com. Im playing a halfling rogue, Sir William Ashford the Third.

Grt

Raaf

Kajehase Posted - 05 Feb 2006 : 18:14:48
Work? But-but I'm a Bard! I'll get XP-deductions or something...
Bakra Posted - 05 Feb 2006 : 17:31:42
quote:
Originally posted by Kajehase

quote:
Originally posted by Chosen of Moradin

We´re all inoffensive.

Drat! I haven't been trying hard enough!

Get to work you lazy bard!
Kajehase Posted - 04 Feb 2006 : 07:43:21
quote:
Originally posted by Chosen of Moradin

We´re all inoffensive.

Drat! I haven't been trying hard enough!
Chosen of Moradin Posted - 03 Feb 2006 : 12:01:29
quote:
Yes, no half were/dragon/vamp things please. The rest of us are normal races (although no where near normal)
~Kes

Yeah, don´t pay attention to the halfling behind the curtain...
We´re all inoffensive.
Kes_Alanadel Posted - 02 Feb 2006 : 21:22:00
quote:
Originally posted by Kuje

quote:
Originally posted by CalibarHaligon

Kuje,
So, I guess I am (for lack of a better word) a "newbie" as far as how this gets set up, would you like me to email you first with a character concept? Thanks for the help and for the invitation to the game.

Yup, yup. :) As I said, the only rule and it wasn't mine but the players rule, was that the char be a PHB or FRCS race. No strange chars basically. :)

Um, my house rules for char creation are on page 1 of this thread.

Yes, no half were/dragon/vamp things please. The rest of us are normal races (although no where near normal)
~Kes
Kuje Posted - 02 Feb 2006 : 19:39:21
quote:

Kuje,
So, I guess I am (for lack of a better word) a "newbie" as far as how this gets set up, would you like me to email you first with a character concept? Thanks for the help and for the invitation to the game.

Yup, yup. :) As I said, the only rule and it wasn't mine but the players rule, was that the char be a PHB or FRCS race. No strange chars basically. :)

Um, my house rules for char creation are on page 1 of this thread.
CalibarHaligon Posted - 02 Feb 2006 : 18:08:05
Kuje,
The Sage Posted - 02 Feb 2006 : 17:34:09
quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Purple Dragon Knight

Sorry for hijacking your thread Kuje, but what happened to the Sage's PBEM? I was gone from these boards for about a year, and haven't heard about it since...

Uh? I dunno? Ask him?

I missed this before... Sorry PDK.

Initially, my PBEM fell through partly due to, as Arivia said, lack of time on my part, but also because the Bookwyrm was getting ready for college and thus, the work he and I were doing on Jack Archer decreased as well. However, a few months after that... I started it up again, but it had became more of a PLANESCAPE PBEM, than anything based in the Realms. If you recall, my initial workings here for the PBEM called for a planar-heavy adventure... and with the change, I decided it really wasn't relevant for Candlekeep anymore.

It's finished now anyway... and the entire log of the 12-part adventure can be found over at planewalker.com.

-- Now, back to Kuje's scroll... .
Kuje Posted - 02 Feb 2006 : 17:09:33
quote:

I would definitely be interested...although I seem to have the opposite problem that many of the other players have as I am more familiar with 2E. If you still are looking for players though I would love to play.

I can add one more, sure. :)
CalibarHaligon Posted - 01 Feb 2006 : 01:25:45
I would definitely be interested...although I seem to have the opposite problem that many of the other players have as I am more familiar with 2E. If you still are looking for players though I would love to play.
Kuje Posted - 24 Jan 2006 : 16:42:55
quote:
Originally posted by Bakra

Always room for one more.

(insert Jello joke here)

Grin. :)

But seriously..... anyone interested? :)
Bakra Posted - 24 Jan 2006 : 15:07:04
quote:

Two of my players fell through, since life for them got busy.

So, I'm looking for at least one person, with the max being three, who is interested in joining the email game. We are still on day two and the three remaining PC's are still in Phlan.

The log of the first day can be found here:

http://www.candlekeep.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=5510

I haven't added day two yet, because we haven't finished day two. :)

The PC's decided that the characters would be anything that is below ECL +1, so basically anything from the PHB or FR or other sources that does not have a ECL.

Any questions, send me a PM or a email through candlekeep's mail system.

Always room for one more.

(insert Jello joke here)
Arivia Posted - 23 Jan 2006 : 07:02:31
quote:

Sorry for hijacking your thread Kuje, but what happened to the Sage's PBEM? I was gone from these boards for about a year, and haven't heard about it since...

IIRC, it was cancelled due to lack of time on his part.
Kuje Posted - 23 Jan 2006 : 06:32:16
quote:

Uh? I dunno? Ask him?
Purple Dragon Knight Posted - 23 Jan 2006 : 06:04:56
Kuje Posted - 21 Jan 2006 : 04:57:15
Two of my players fell through, since life for them got busy.

So, I'm looking for at least one person, with the max being three, who is interested in joining the email game. We are still on day two and the three remaining PC's are still in Phlan.

The log of the first day can be found here:

http://www.candlekeep.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=5510

I haven't added day two yet, because we haven't finished day two. :)

The PC's decided that the characters would be anything that is below ECL +1, so basically anything from the PHB or FR or other sources that does not have a ECL.

Any questions, send me a PM or a email through candlekeep's mail system.
Kajehase Posted - 19 Nov 2005 : 06:07:05
Nevermind, it was my memory that acted up, I've actually received two mails from the others since then...That'll teach me to make posts whilst only half awake.
Kuje Posted - 19 Nov 2005 : 00:04:29
quote:
Originally posted by Kajehase

Btw, did my mail about Ragnar exiting the inn get through? I really need to start saving messages I've sent.

I believe it did and I added it in last night.... I haven't sent out the email to you three yet though for today. :)
Crennen FaerieBane Posted - 18 Nov 2005 : 23:53:01
Well, the gold elf and I will be back to the civilized portion of Phlan very soon.

C-Fb
Kajehase Posted - 18 Nov 2005 : 23:04:11
Btw, did my mail about Ragnar exiting the inn get through? I really need to start saving messages I've sent.
Kajehase Posted - 18 Nov 2005 : 18:22:51
HAven't you heard, the Tarrasque flees in a panicked rampaged every time it hears someone play the flute, so it won't be a problem. At least not for us party-members
Crennen FaerieBane Posted - 18 Nov 2005 : 17:30:46
And don't forget the Tarrasque, Bard....

C-Fb
Kajehase Posted - 18 Nov 2005 : 16:04:28
quote:
Originally posted by CrennenFaerieBane

Right on, we're about to storm Castle Greyskull, so we'll need all the help we can get!

C-Fb

And keep in mind - in this game it's defended by Illithids and a really ancient red dragon
Crennen FaerieBane Posted - 18 Nov 2005 : 14:28:57
Right on, we're about to storm Castle Greyskull, so we'll need all the help we can get!

C-Fb
Mazrim_Taim Posted - 18 Nov 2005 : 05:35:45
Gah, I was supposed to do it tonight, but I am getting all dressed up and going to the Harry Potter midnight showing (yup, i'm on of "those" people )

I'll get right on it tomorrow
Crennen FaerieBane Posted - 17 Nov 2005 : 23:00:00
Woohoo! More Arcane might!

C-Fb
Kuje Posted - 17 Nov 2005 : 22:27:37
quote:
Originally posted by Mazrim_Taim

I was wondering if it's too late to join this game? I've never done an email game before but I think it would be very interesting and I have a certain LN Human Mage in mind for the campaign ;)

If not that's okay...did you want me to send you a character anyway? >_< I really don't mind.

Anyway, I'm off to my acting class.

Send me the char and I'll look it over. :)
Kes_Alanadel Posted - 17 Nov 2005 : 20:57:15
quote:

Kes and Cren,

I hope that my nightly log helps clear up where everyone's emails fit together. :)

It does help quite a bit. Just with me missing most of Sunday, things got put where I wasn't planning them to is all

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000