Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 Adventuring
 Wanted: Player Characters for a PbeM

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Mumadar Ibn Huzal Posted - 14 Jan 2012 : 20:51:19
Marpenoth, The Year of the Tankard, 1370 DR.
(patrons in the Dragon's Tooth inn, Morndivver, Starspire Mts, Tethyr.
quote:

[Werthen Truesteel] "winter come early this year. Hope me brother 'll get back with the caravan from Zazesspur. If these snows keep up, the passes 'll be clogged up like me grandma's nose."

[Durgrim Sendars] "Them over in Duvik's Pass 'll have a hard time of it. No decent mountain overhead instead them snowed under log cabin's. Me cousins went there to try their luck in the new mines. 'll bet they'd rather be here now."

[Odin 'pegleg' Sendars] "Aye, and foul weather brings foul creatures. Some big ol' bear or somesuch has been killin' some of our rams. Patrols haven't been able to catch the culprit yet."

A Forgotten Realms 3.0/3.5e Play by e-Mail game is about to start in the dwarven town of Morndivver (a surviving part of the Deep Shanatar kingdom of Sondarr in the Starspire Mountains, Tethyr) and could still use two or three additional characters.

The game starts at lvl1, 32 point buy, and preferred races are Shield Dwarf, Rock Gnome or Svirfneblin. Also possible - though a bit less likely - are Human (Tethyrian or Calishite) or Halfling (Lightfoot).

The focus in the game is on role-play and character interaction and might contain adult rated content. Adventures will be both on the surface as in the Underdark, linked by the Old Shanatar theme.

If you are interested, and preferably an experienced (PbeM) player, drop a note in this thread an I will contact you via PM.

Mod Edit: Shifted to a more appropriate shelf.
7   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Mumadar Ibn Huzal Posted - 22 Jul 2012 : 22:15:24
Update:

The two open positions are now filled:

• Ryneff Dwimmermarble, male rock gnome cleric of Baravar Cloakshadow

• Gurark Chromefist of Clan LostBeard, male cleric of Berronar Truesilver

• For those interested in the game, lukers are welcome and receive preferential treatment when new positions opened.
    Mumadar Ibn Huzal Posted - 18 Jan 2012 : 23:15:59
    For those interested in playing in a dwarf-themed PbeM, there will be two positions opened in the Hammer & Anvil game.

Requirements:
    race: Shield Dwarf (prefered Morndivver, alternative Iltkazar)
    class: any 3.x core class
    level: 1 (32 point buy)

for more information please drop a PM to me

The list of active characters:
  • Braddock Halfaxe of Clan Fireforge, male shield dwarf fighter (Iltkazar)

• Marisa Deepaxe of Clan Truesteel, female shield dwarf rogue (Morndivver)

• Delver Threesecrets of Clan Truesteel, male shield dwarf cleric of Dumathoin (Morndivver)

• Hashim al’Saladin, male calishite human bard (Calimshan)

• Alandia Redshank, female lightfoot halfling bard (Tethyr)

• Pethenshandak, male rock gnome illusionist (Morndivver)
  • Old Man Harpell Posted - 16 Jan 2012 : 22:45:45
    I would be interested in seeing what sort of story this tells, especially since, beyond any strictures set by the DM, I tend to be completely random in how I create PbEM characters. This has led to some rather interesting game interaction in times past, to be sure.

I will ask, however, prior to creation, if there are any permutations that are allowed to be employed, such as Split Statistics, and also what DM strictures there will be on multi-classing (I, for example, have completely forbidden it in my tabletop campaign). Here or in a PM, let me know (so I don't make an assumption and then a boneheaded mistake).
    The Sage Posted - 16 Jan 2012 : 05:03:57
    quote:
    Originally posted by Mumadar Ibn Huzal

maybe one of the moderators can bump this post into the Candlekeep Inn if that locale is deemed more appropriate. ;-)

Yes, maybe one of them can.

[Though, I will note that, traditionally, when scribes are trying to find fellow adventurers for a PbeM campaign, it's usually on the Adventuring shelf.]
    Wolfhound75 Posted - 16 Jan 2012 : 04:10:07
    I'd be interested in giving a PBeM game a go. My gaming group broke up with my friend with whom I played all through highschool graduated with his doctorate and moved from the city we both wound up in as our careers progressed.

Given your choice of characters and races, I'd be most interested in playing a Calishite human. I've spent the greater part of the last decade in the middle east and might be able to bring an interesting flavor to that particular build. Please let me know.
    Mumadar Ibn Huzal Posted - 15 Jan 2012 : 10:02:59
    maybe one of the moderators can bump this post into the Candlekeep Inn if that locale is deemed more appropriate. ;-)
    Ayrik Posted - 15 Jan 2012 : 01:31:20
    I understand many of our scribes regularly interact in something of this sort within the Candlekeep Inn. Though I wish you luck in your recruiting efforts.

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
    Snitz Forums 2000