Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 Running the Realms
 Defining Rules

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Sian Posted - 01 Oct 2007 : 13:50:53
okay ... got a few questions about some feats/items that i'm going to stack together around here (others are free to do the same thing :P)

1. Since Sage Advice have said that Turning undeads is indeed a charisma check and thereby is supported by 'Circet of Persuasion' then i wondered ... does Divine Grace (paladin 2) makes your saves into a charisma-based check as well (along with the 'original abilitymodifiers)?

2. Is gaining a title and some land against Vow of Poberty since you then own something, even if you submit the land to a church?

3. Is using Tomes of *xxx* for permanent Stat raise against Vow of Poberty?

4. Does Amulet of Mighty fists and Bracers of Striking stack?
6   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Ugly is the new black Posted - 02 Oct 2007 : 10:52:31
Sorry about that, Sian. I must have read your other post too quickly.

quote:
Originally posted by Sian: ...can you use 2 Special monk weapons at the same time ... can you use the same weapons several times in one go?

Yes. If you wield a special monk weapon in each hand, you're still entitled to the standard flurry of blows attack bonus appropriate for your level. If you choose to, you may attack twice with either weapon, or with both, interchangeably. You also have the option of taking the Two-Weapon Fighting feat to gain an off-hand attack in addition to the extra attack granted by flurry of blows (the penalty from two-weapon fighting stacks with the penalty from flurry of blows).

Let's use Ember, a 6th level monk as an example: She can normally make one attack per round at a +4 bonus. When using flurry of blows, she may make two attacks (using unarmed strikes or any special monk weapon she holds) each at a +3 bonus (the penalty from furry of blows lessens from -2 to -1 at 5th level, and at 9th level, it disappears entirely). If she wants to make an extra attack with her off-hand, she has to accept a -4 penalty on her primary hand attacks and a -8 penalty on her off-hand attacks (assuming she wields a light weapon in her off-hand).

If Ember has two-weapon fighting, she has to accept only a -2 penalty on all attacks to make an extra attack with her off-hand. Thus, when wielding a light weapon in her off-hand during a flurry of blows, she can make a total of three attacks, each at a total bonus of +1. At least one of these attacks has to be with her off-hand weapon.

And, for the sake of completeness, unarmed strikes are always considered light weapons.

love,
nathan.
Sian Posted - 02 Oct 2007 : 10:12:22
i know that ... but want it clearified ... can you use 2 Special monk weapons at the same time ... can you use the same weapons several times in one go?
Ugly is the new black Posted - 02 Oct 2007 : 09:35:30
quote:
Originally posted by Player's Handbook v3.5 pg. 40

"When using flurry of blows, a monk may attack only with special unarmed strikes or with special monk weapons (kama, nunchaku, quarterstaff, sai, shuriken, and siangham). She may attack with unarmed strikes and special monk weapons interchangeably as desired. For example, at 6th level, the monk Ember could make one attack with her unarmed strike at an attack bonus of +3 and one attack with her special monk weapon at an attack bonus of +3. When using flurry of blows, a monk applies her Strength bonus (not STR bonus x1.5 or x0.5) to her damage rolls for all successful attacks, whether she wields a weapon in one hand or both hands. The monk can't use any weapon other than a special monk weapon as part of a flurry of blows."

love,
nathan.
Sian Posted - 02 Oct 2007 : 07:39:11
5. Can a monk use two Special Monk weapons without penelties when playing with Flurry of Blows?
Ugly is the new black Posted - 01 Oct 2007 : 16:25:09
quote:
Originally posted by Sian

4. Does Amulet of Mighty fists and Bracers of Striking stack?

Yes. The Bracers of Striking simply grant their user free access to the Improved Unarmed Strike feat. Furthermore, they can be modified with special weapon qualities of their own, and count as a bludgeoning double-weapon when doing so. The Amulet of Mighty Fists, on the other hand, grant an enhancement bonus on attack and damage rolls with unarmed attacks and natural weapons.

They're two completely different things, and their abilities do indeed work conjointly.

love,
nathan.
freyar Posted - 01 Oct 2007 : 15:07:57
Can't help with the others off-hand, but

4. The bracers and amulet do two very different things (bracers essentially grant a bonus feat, while the amulet grants a bonus to attack & damage), so there is no reason they wouldn't stack.

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000