Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 Running the Realms
 halfgods

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Aravine Posted - 30 Sep 2007 : 13:52:50
i am running a caimpain where the characters are halfgods(in blood) of tiamat. my excuse for the lack of power(other than they don't know yet), is there was a prophecy that the two sons of tiamat would trigger her destruction. tiamat did not know about this prophecy until it was already too late. she had cast them aside. as soon as she cast them aside, bahamut seized the opprotunity to have a hand in tiamat's demise. and so he raised them. However he gave them both a curse that robbed them of thier divine power. for he feared that if they could kill tiamat, well they might be able to kill bahamut. now i have three questions for y'all
is there any better backstory that anyone can think of?
2. what does a half dragon of all the chromatic dragons get?
3.is a half god of a greater god more powerful then a half god of a lesser diety?
7   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Aravine Posted - 02 Oct 2007 : 18:09:42
quote:
Originally posted by KnightErrantJR

The "God Blooded" template is actually in Monster Manual V. In general its not so much a child of a god as it is someone that has literally been exposed to the blood of a god, usually through an aspect or an avatar. The power imparted can be "used up," so its not a permanent alteration of the being involved, or at least it doesn't have to be.

Pretty much by definition beings that are the children of gods should be Divine Rank 0 beings, although I understand you don't want to start out this way. Are you concerned about them being immortal or eternal? Immortal would only mean that they can't die of old age, disease, or mundane means. They could still be injured, killed etc., and by all accounts the beings would age normally from childhood up to adulthood, the "imortality" wouldn't kick in until adulthood in most cases (and you could always bestow the DR of 0 later on after they have done something to "unlock" it).

iprobably will do that
KnightErrantJR Posted - 02 Oct 2007 : 04:33:44
The "God Blooded" template is actually in Monster Manual V. In general its not so much a child of a god as it is someone that has literally been exposed to the blood of a god, usually through an aspect or an avatar. The power imparted can be "used up," so its not a permanent alteration of the being involved, or at least it doesn't have to be.

Pretty much by definition beings that are the children of gods should be Divine Rank 0 beings, although I understand you don't want to start out this way. Are you concerned about them being immortal or eternal? Immortal would only mean that they can't die of old age, disease, or mundane means. They could still be injured, killed etc., and by all accounts the beings would age normally from childhood up to adulthood, the "imortality" wouldn't kick in until adulthood in most cases (and you could always bestow the DR of 0 later on after they have done something to "unlock" it).
sleyvas Posted - 01 Oct 2007 : 21:42:25
Immunity is always more powerful than offensive powers. Perhaps they could gain some of the powers that a dragon shaman can gain? Draconic auras, breath weapons, draconic adaptations. Maybe they can switch their breath weapon types between those of the chromatic dragons.
Aewrik Posted - 01 Oct 2007 : 21:23:38
If there are five players, why not give them one chromatic aspect, each?
That would keep them from becoming immune to all energy types, at least.
They should at least be a little stronger than other half-dragons, considering they were born of a dragon goddess.

Also, if there are less than five players in the group... well, you might have your recurring villain(s), there.
sirreus Posted - 01 Oct 2007 : 18:14:41
there is a godborn template in MMIV which might help. also immunity to all cromatic dragons' breath weapon seems too much. how about immunity to one and resistance to the others(randomly or dm's choice).
Aravine Posted - 01 Oct 2007 : 13:01:54
yeah, that might work except for the fact that 0-level deities are immortal. thank you for the idea about the half dragon thing, though
Mortagon Posted - 01 Oct 2007 : 10:43:47
what about giving your pc's divine rank 0? rules are in deities and demigods. They will be slightly more powerful than a normal pc of their level, but as half-dragons they should be that already. As for the half-dragon of Tiamat thing, they could receive immunity to all of the chormatics elements and choose what breath weapon they could use once per day.

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000