Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 Running the Realms
 Monks order

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Skeptic Posted - 15 Sep 2007 : 06:24:06

I'm looking for all the named religious LG monks order.

Broken ones, Phoenix disciple, anything else ?

Thanks.
9   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Wooly Rupert Posted - 20 Sep 2007 : 06:01:19
quote:
Originally posted by Skeptic

quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert
I don't think WotC ever really takes anything off of their site -- I know where to find some files from 2000 that are no longer linked to anywhere (like the original offering of the Roll of Years file). If you know the actual URL, you can still get to them. Of course, there is still one file I'm trying to find the URL for (it'd help if I knew the name of the file! ), but I am confident that it is still there.

Could you post those links somewhere ?

It's only a couple of files, and I think the links are on my external HD at work (and I really don't want to Citrix in just to look at it). My original plan was to post all the links at once, once I found that last file. But I have yet to figure out its URL...
Skeptic Posted - 20 Sep 2007 : 00:49:33
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert
I don't think WotC ever really takes anything off of their site -- I know where to find some files from 2000 that are no longer linked to anywhere (like the original offering of the Roll of Years file). If you know the actual URL, you can still get to them. Of course, there is still one file I'm trying to find the URL for (it'd help if I knew the name of the file! ), but I am confident that it is still there.

Could you post those links somewhere ?
Wooly Rupert Posted - 17 Sep 2007 : 02:44:06
quote:
Originally posted by scererar

found on wotc site here. By the way, does anyone know if the web enhancements for FR products are saved here at the keep?

http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/we/20020504a

Not to my knowledge... I don't think WotC wants outside hosting of their own material, even that which is freely offered. But, so long as you can still get to the Web Enhancement Archive, why worry about saving it elsewhere?

scererar Posted - 16 Sep 2007 : 18:28:30
found on wotc site here. By the way, does anyone know if the web enhancements for FR products are saved here at the keep?

http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/we/20020504a
Zanan Posted - 16 Sep 2007 : 10:21:15
There was a list, probably in the WE of Faiths & Pantheons ...

Monk Orders
The table below lists other known orders of monks, the deity they hold as a patron (if any), alignment restrictions for the order, and the character classes open to monks of that order for the purpose of multiclassing freely. Some deities have more than one associated order of monks; these are listed sequentially. Not all monks have to be associated with an order, but only those that are part of an order
can multiclass freely. There are no known monk orders for other faiths.

Deity Monk Order (Alignment) and Allowed Multiclassing
- Long Death (evil): assassin, blackguard, fighter. *

- Old Order (usually neutral, sometimes good, rarely evil):
rogue, sorcerer, shadowdancer (monk levels must be
higher than total of all other class levels). *

Arvoreen - Hin Fist (neutral or good): fighter, rogue, paladin. *

Azuth - Shining Hand (neutral): wizard (if monk level exceeds wizard level). *

Bane Order of the Iron Gauntlet (evil): assassin, fighter. A
small sect within the Zhentarim, these monks train in
stealth and assassination. Currently they are few in
number but their leader has been recruiting widely.

Cyrrollalee Hin Fist (neutral or good): fighter, rogue, paladin. *

Deneir - Zealots of the Written Word (good): cleric. These monks accompany clerics of Deneir on quests, assist in moneymaking efforts for the church, and are as fond of recording information as any devout worshiper of Deneir.

Grumbar - Disciples of the Changeless Face (neutral): fighter. This stoic and spartan order is obsessed with preserving the knowledge of how things are (from laws to traditions to manners of speech) so that change can be detected and countered (which often involves beating into a pulp someone who disagrees).

Ilmater - Broken Ones (good): clerics, divine champions, divine disciples, divine seekers, hierophants. *

Disciples of St. Sollars (Monks of the Yellow Rose) (good):
ranger, shadowdancer. *

Kossuth - Disciples of the Phoenix (good): cleric. This order (and the other two orders of Kossuthan monks) is very insular and has a rigid tradition of study and fighting style, as well as behavioral taboos. They are the most likely to espouse the purifying and redeeming aspects of their
deity’s element.

- Brothers and Sisters of the Pure Flame (neutral): cleric.
These monks seek a balance between the purifying aspect
and the destructive aspect of Kossuth’s flame, and are the
mediators of the three orders. Most of them learn Ignan
to better communicate with fire elementals.

- Disciples of the Salamander (evil): cleric. Some of these
monks rival a Talosian fanatic’s love of destructive fire,
but most see it as a necessary tool for renewal in the
world. Many of them bear brands of magical symbols on
their bodies and decorate themselves with fiery tattoos.

Lathander - Sun Soul (good or neutral): any one other class (as long as monk is the highest class level). *

Loviatar - Disciples of the White Rod (evil): cleric. Monks of Loviatar prefer using their bare hands to inflict pain rather than using weapons. When forced to use weapons, they prefer nunchaku with white-bleached leather wrappings on the hilts.

Luthic - Runeclaws (evil): cleric, runecaster. Because in many orc tribes females are not allowed to touch weapons, unarmed combat has become a means for female worshipers of Luthic to defend themselves against raiders from other tribes. Some female orcs that are too old for childbirth (particularly older wives of the chief) become runeclaws to prove they are still useful to the tribe.

Oghma - Children of the Passive Voice (neutral): none. These monks serve as guardians to libraries and abbeys, and
sometimes are sent to find lost stores of knowledge.

Selûne - Sun Soul (good or neutral): any one other class (as long as monk is the highest class level). *

Shar - Dark Moon (evil): sorcerer (monk and sorcerer level must be within two levels of each other). *

Sheela - Hin Fist (neutral or good): fighter, rogue, paladin. * Peryroyl

Sune - Sun Soul (good or neutral): any one other class (as long as monk is the highest class level). *

Tiamat - Serpent Guards (evil): assassin, divine champion, fighter, rogue. These fanatics guard temples, serve as minions to dragons, hunt dragonslayers, and assassinate those who pry too closely into the activities of the church. They are active in Unther and have been known to attack Mulhorandi soldiers.

Urogalan - Hin Fist (neutral or good): fighter, rogue, paladin. *

Velsharoon - Long Death (evil): assassin, blackguard, fighter. *

Yondalla - Hin Fist (neutral or good): fighter, rogue, paladin. *

Yurtrus - Brotherhood of the Scarlet Scourge (evil): cleric. Monks of this strange orc order bleach their hands white and grow their nails very long. Before combat they dip their
nails in a powder made of blood infected with the red ache
(see Disease in the DUNGEON MASTER’s Guide), which
lets them infect their opponents.
* Described in the FORGOTTEN REALMS Campaign Setting.
Chosen of Moradin Posted - 16 Sep 2007 : 02:28:00
The lists are, basically, in the FRCS and Champions of Valor. I'll take a look tomorrow, and make a compilation.
scererar Posted - 15 Sep 2007 : 19:42:18
just found the Disciples of the Phoenix in champions of valor, the Hin fists again, but they are not required to be good, Zealots of the written word
scererar Posted - 15 Sep 2007 : 19:27:38
Hin fists, yellow rose, sun soul. these show good or nuetral in the FRCS
Valdar Oakensong Posted - 15 Sep 2007 : 11:13:27
I think there might be some info in the FRCS if I remember correctly, or maybe in the Monk description in the PHB.

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000