Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 Running the Realms
 Areas near Waterdeep?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Aelf Posted - 13 Jul 2007 : 20:02:16
Hails, Good Sages!

I'm preparing to run a few sessions in Waterdeep (a first for me) and am seeking resources that describe the locales outside, but near the city.

From the novels, I know there are lots of manors scattered near and far but I suppose there also must be a few outlying villages. Any hooks would be useful too. (Perhaps what to expect in the Rat Hills, for example.) Here, I refer to places within a day's travel from the gates, not Daggerford or Goldenfields.

I own a copy of the 3.5 City of Splendors accessory, and am willing to pick up used/PDFs of 1st and 2nd edition products. I can't seem to recall which ones (if any) detailed what I'm looking for.

Any help is welcomed.

8   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
The Sage Posted - 15 Jul 2007 : 06:49:16
*Sounds of induced choking quickly sing out from the Sage's chamber*

Wooly Rupert Posted - 15 Jul 2007 : 06:27:04
quote:
Originally posted by Aelf

My game is better for it; I venture that all of our games are better thanks to you folk.

Especially me. I'm just that charming and wonderful!
Aelf Posted - 15 Jul 2007 : 02:18:45
Noble Sages,

Humble and heartful appreciation for the rapid and knowledgeable replies.

My game is better for it; I venture that all of our games are better thanks to you folk.

The Hooded One Posted - 14 Jul 2007 : 02:16:33
Also the Environs of Waterdeep article in Issue 128 of DRAGON, by (who else?) Ed Greenwood. He later detailed the Stag Lass ceremony in one of his far more recent "New Adventures of Volo" DRAGON columns.
love,
THO
The Sage Posted - 14 Jul 2007 : 00:41:04
You'll find that parts of Volo's Guide to the North and The North boxed set provide brief tidbits on the immediate areas around the City of Splendors.

There's bits in Volo's Guide to the Sword Coast too, that may prove useful.
Wooly Rupert Posted - 13 Jul 2007 : 21:05:39
quote:
Originally posted by turox

Go here Web Enhancement Archive In there are 2 enhancements for CoS:Waterdeep. If I recall one of them talks about the lands around waterdeep in greater detail, I just can't remember which one it is or maybe both have more info about the lands around.

It was the second one -- the fabled second web enhancement that we waited several months for.

http://shadow.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/we/20060503a
AlorinDawn Posted - 13 Jul 2007 : 20:36:15
Aelf,

I recall a small forested area being described not far from the city in the novel Blackstaff.
turox Posted - 13 Jul 2007 : 20:10:48
Go here Web Enhancement Archive In there are 2 enhancements for CoS:Waterdeep. If I recall one of them talks about the lands around waterdeep in greater detail, I just can't remember which one it is or maybe both have more info about the lands around.

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000