Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 Running the Realms
 Planes Relations

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Gwaeren Tiliano Posted - 07 Jun 2007 : 23:45:57
Question: Do the spells 'ethereal jaunt' and 'etherealness' work on other planes than the Prime Material? I know that the Ethereal Plane is "coterminous"--or something--to the Prime Material, but what about the other planes (say, the Nine Hells)?
3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Kuje Posted - 08 Jun 2007 : 17:03:44
quote:
Originally posted by Darkmeer

For some odd reason, I'm thinking that 3e made all planes have a separate ethereal plane to allow for incorporeal creatures, but none of those ethereals connect.

Mind you, my MotP is upstairs & I'm just about to get ready for work, please correct me if I'm wrong.

/d

Your thinking of the astrals. :)
Darkmeer Posted - 08 Jun 2007 : 16:43:36
For some odd reason, I'm thinking that 3e made all planes have a separate ethereal plane to allow for incorporeal creatures, but none of those ethereals connect.

Mind you, my MotP is upstairs & I'm just about to get ready for work, please correct me if I'm wrong.

/d
Gray Richardson Posted - 08 Jun 2007 : 06:59:02
No, the ethereal plane is only coterminous with the material plane, so you cannot access it directly from the outer planes.

In 2e the ethereal plane linked to the elemental (or inner planes), so you would have been able to use those spells (or similar effects) to travel between the inner planes as well, but 3e changed the rules.

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000