Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 Running the Realms
 Resisting Enchantments

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Kaladorm Posted - 05 Feb 2007 : 17:23:42
As I understand it, if someone resists a mind-altering effect, then they know they have been the victim of some unsolicited spell.

My question is, do they know who cast it?. Say in a room with a number of people and one of them casts a Silent/Still charm spell. If the target resists the spell do they know from where it came?
5   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Wandering_mage Posted - 06 Feb 2007 : 00:02:46
Mindblank anyone? :) Actually, I think if you read some FR Novels you might get a better idea. In an Everis Cale book I'm reading it was very descriptive of how an enchantment spell worked on the targets. Worth a look. :)
Tyr Posted - 05 Feb 2007 : 23:12:46
Well for psionic attacks its usually described as a probing, that you would be able to feel. For arcane magic, it would probably be more brute force, and just be a headache.
WalkerNinja Posted - 05 Feb 2007 : 21:00:04
I would be hard pressed to say that they actually knew that it was a magical attempt at coercion/infiltration. Unless you have been the victim of it before, I don't know that you could distinguish such a thing from a swiftly manifesting headache. A spellcaster, on the other hand, might be suspicious about such sudden headache.
Tyr Posted - 05 Feb 2007 : 18:21:51
yeah, they wouldn't know unless it left some visible trace. A psionic character may be able to sense something but that would probably be a House Rule.
Kentinal Posted - 05 Feb 2007 : 17:37:22
The person in the cloak did it.

If I understand the rules correctly a person knows an attempt was made, however does not because of spell failure know who cast it. There is no mind link or identification posible because of a failed attempt. As far as it goes a suscesful casting in and of itself does not let the traget know who cast the spell (The type of spell the caster might reveal himself like charm because of nature of spell, however an illusionary floor a perso will not know who cast the spell save or failing saving throw).

To directly answer your question, in my opinion, a successful save against a stilled/silent charm will not know person that cast it, just somebody tried to cast a spell on them.

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000