Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 Running the Realms
 The collaborative cleric

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Chyron Posted - 05 Jun 2006 : 09:13:25
Here is a question I would like to pose to the sages…

Would the deities of Faerun grant a collaboration of domain powers to a cleric?

Would such lead to a prestige class? Most prestige classes I have read on are very focused to a specific deity.

Or would one have to multiclass as a Cleric/Cleric (Can clerics multiclass as clerics?)

Example:

A Guardian of Dawn – (LG) A cleric who venerates both Helm and Lathlander. Serve as protectors and guardians against undead in places where such creatures are rampant.

A Guardian of Dusk – (LE) A cleric who venerates both Helm and Shar. Effective as guardians in dark places whose vision can penetrate the darkness they use as a shield for themselves.

Ok these are just two quick examples I was thinking about…I would gather many other combos could be possible among the various deities…..but would they be possible at all? From a powers sense? From a hierarchical sense?

I cannot really rationalize, why deities would agree to such. Perhaps minor deities would see such cooperation as a way to gain a greater following, by piggybacking their domains and ideology in conjunction with a greater power. But what would the greater power gain (perhaps access by a dedicated follower to areas of a portfolio not granted to normal clerics somehow enhances the deities status or profile slightly)?

Or are these questions simply inane and am I 'off my rocker'?

4   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Chyron Posted - 05 Jun 2006 : 15:25:35
Ah...thanks scrererar, I will dig it out and take a look.
scererar Posted - 05 Jun 2006 : 15:10:55
Check out the triadic knight in Champions of Valor. A character of this PRC, has Ilmater, Torm, and/ or Tyr. Additionally, there are some notes on how this Prc would work with other God/ goddesses.
Kentinal Posted - 05 Jun 2006 : 11:28:11
Basically one can not muliclass in the same class, so the rest does not matter much.

If Cleric/Cleric were permitted the spell casting levels would not stack. Turning might. In effect though to serve two deities one would need to fall and have to atone before can serve the 2nd deity.
KnightErrantJR Posted - 05 Jun 2006 : 11:07:18
Well, I can't comment on the overall topic just now, but Helm and Shar absolutely hate one another, so without a serious heresy going on, that one isn't very likely (though obviosly there could be some heresy similar to this, since there is one that says that Shar and Selune are one in the same, and they hate one another as well).

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000