Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 Running the Realms
 need some underdark help quicklike

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
sleyvas Posted - 10 Nov 2005 : 21:50:07
I'm returning home after 2 1/2 months in Shreveport doing Disaster recovery for my bank. I've got a gaming group who also works with my bank. I had gotten burned out and we had another person DM'ing the last 3 games we had played (we do so roughly monthly). <BTW, it felt very good to play and not DM>. As a result of the hurricane though, the player turned DM that we had has had to move.
Anyway, we're all back in New Orleans and helping rebuild, but my players have indicated that they really think that a new game would help with the stress of everyday life. We're all in agreement that they'd need to be short. We also agreed that for once we just want to try something a little different and do an underdark based campaign (none of us have ever done a strictly underdark group, and we've all been reading the War of the Spiderqueen series).
Problem being, they want me to DM. I don't have a problem with being the DM, and I think I'll heavily cut up City of the Spider Queen for ideas. However, I'm short on time. I'm also planning on starting them out around 8th lvl and wanted to do a few short adventures for them to "become" their characters better. Making them think through things is a definite plus.
So, what I'm looking for is if anyone knows of some really guick and good modules from say dungeon mag that they ran or something similar (I have the old undermountain modules in downloaded form, which I guess I could convert by just changing out the monsters). Obviously, I could develop from scratch or hunt through a bunch of stuff... I'm just looking to see if this post really makes someone stand up and say "Oh, you should try this one, it was great".

Phillip
4   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Crennen FaerieBane Posted - 14 Nov 2005 : 15:26:21
You could easily do a trek through the Underdark to do some trading at Mantol-Derith - there are plenty of things that would haunt the hallways of the Underdark around there.

C-Fb
Khaa Posted - 14 Nov 2005 : 13:22:37
It shouldnt be too hard to make and underdark campaign. But it depends, drow and spiders arent the only creatures down there.
Thureen Buroch Posted - 13 Nov 2005 : 22:50:53
This isn't an actual adventure module, but here are 60-90 cool traps and tricks, most of which will work beautifully with an Underdark campaign. Good luck.

http://thievesguild.cc/traps/
Wooly Rupert Posted - 10 Nov 2005 : 23:00:12
I don't read dungeon much... But you could always click on the link in my sig and check out the Candlekeep Compendium for some adventure ideas.

(shameless plug!)

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000