Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 Running the Realms
 Drow war in Skullport

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Skeptic Posted - 01 Nov 2005 : 17:40:35
Some time ago, I run for each one of my players a solo session...

The drow wizard PC returned to Skullport at the headquarter of the Dark Dagger to give her answer, she'll join the guild. (She's a Vhaeraun's worshiper from Cormanthor)

Some time before, the guild learned that Lloth fell silent and they planned an attack on House Tanor'Thal.

When they were sure that she can be "trusted", they informed her about their plan to assault the Spider-like refuge of Upper Heart.

Using levitations tattoos, wands, and others magical devices from the Red Wizards, hiring some local mercenaries (the githzerai's assassin guild) and more..

The fight was not very tough for her part, because she's not a very experienced player, but she got some very good idea along the way.

At the end : the high level fighter is killed, the matron is abducted and the high-level wizard fled away. The Dark Dagger has severe casualties but the leaders and the player are safe. Some disintegrate scrolls caused a lot of damage to the structure.

Then, the matron is rapidly sacrificed to Vhaeraun in the Dark Dagger lair, and finnaly the player move out of Skullport before any counterstrike (that was already part of the deal).

Many months later, the entire party are about to return to Skullport…

Lloth is back, the House Tanor'Thal wizard is back with some troops and a called demon... but I don't really know how to play this, I don’t want to go with a major warfare because I don't want to bring the Skulls too much in play...

I'm trying out to figure how that event changed the relationship between the Iron Ring members’s (with one less). Would they have forced Malakuth out for killing Kesra Tanor'Thal ?

When I did prepare the attack, I was feeling they could not do anything with Lloth being silent, but now I find it difficult to show the player's a realistic aftermath.

Any help/ideas would be welcome.

P.S. (Edit)

The party (except the drow wizard) is not even aware of this story, they are sent in Skullport by the Shadow thieves to stop a deal between a Rundeen Chuultan ship and the Red Wizards (some new kind of drug).
3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
khorne Posted - 02 Nov 2005 : 15:10:04
They might ignore you once, but if the same persons raise hell a second time in Skullport the Skulls are going to be all over you. With a vengeance.
Skeptic Posted - 01 Nov 2005 : 18:14:02
quote:

I do see one flaw in what had already happened though: In the initial attack the Skulls would have been involved.

Of course I tried to find a way to explain why they didn't do anything, but re-reading their description carefully, I saw that they don't always react in a very logical way.. So I chose to make them let this happen.
warlockco Posted - 01 Nov 2005 : 17:58:21
Its because of things like this that I don't do anything that will cause a drastic change to the world, without thinking it out first, and planning out the aftermath of such actions.

I do see one flaw in what had already happened though: In the initial attack the Skulls would have been involved.

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000