Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 Running the Realms
 thank you for the NPC thread

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
sleyvas Posted - 24 Oct 2005 : 21:43:10
I didn't want to clutter the thread with a thank you note, but I wanted you to know I really appreciate it. I spend WAAAYYYYY too much time nit picking NPC's for my game e-tools. Good to know that there's a nice resource like this where I can just browse out some NPC's, change the name and maybe alignment, and voila have some pre-prepared characters.
5   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
warlockco Posted - 26 Oct 2005 : 04:22:43
quote:
Originally posted by sleyvas

I didn't want to clutter the thread with a thank you note, but I wanted you to know I really appreciate it. I spend WAAAYYYYY too much time nit picking NPC's for my game e-tools. Good to know that there's a nice resource like this where I can just browse out some NPC's, change the name and maybe alignment, and voila have some pre-prepared characters.

Glad you like it, sorry that I haven't been updating it though, just been really busy lately.

But if there is anyone that you would like to see stats for that has at least a stat line (i.e. Race/Class/Level/Alignment) I'll be willing to give them a shot. I can do someone that doesn't have any stat info also, but would rather not do so.
Kuje Posted - 25 Oct 2005 : 16:24:50
quote:
Originally posted by CrennenFaerieBane

When you say supplement, do you mean a book to be picked up or a software based program?

C-Fb

No, it's a sourcebook by AEG. I love that sourcebook, especially for DM's that DM on the fly. :)
Crennen FaerieBane Posted - 25 Oct 2005 : 14:25:07
When you say supplement, do you mean a book to be picked up or a software based program?

C-Fb
DestroyYouAlot Posted - 25 Oct 2005 : 14:20:41
There's a supplement from AEG that everyone who runs a fantasy game should get, it's called Toolbox. It's nothing but tables, front to back, for every conceivable RPG situation imaginable. I use it constantly when I'm doing prep work, and it's invaluable for free-form play. It's got a great NPC generation section, check out these tables:

Names (by race)
Race
Class
Alignment
Origin and Composition
Character Concept
Character Motivatoins
Character Traits and Taboos
Appearance and Dress
Favored Weapons
Magic Armor and Weapons
Magic Items
Personal Effects
Encounter Conditions
Ability Scores

And so on and so forth. Also amazing are the tavern tables (rooms and prices, six tables of alcoholic beverages, patrons, etc.), pick pocket tables, and wizard's laboratory tables. Seriously get this.
Wooly Rupert Posted - 24 Oct 2005 : 22:07:40
I believe the Shadowdale book, in the 2nd edition FR boxed set, had a bunch of pre-made NPCs listed. There's also various generators online that can be used for the same purpose.

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000