Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 Running the Realms
 WotSQ + Last Mythal + Obould's Horde = ?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Hoondatha Posted - 24 Oct 2005 : 00:50:47
I love my players for many reasons, but chief among them is that they think big. One of my two long-running groups is headed by a chronomancer, and we've all had lots of fun mucking about in Faerun's past and making sure others don't do the same (I've pretty much eliminated the Guardians and the notes on the Chosen from the Chronomancer book to make things more interesting). The reason for the post, however, revolves around another character.

A dwarf fighter, to be exact, with dreams of refounding Ammarindar. Once he accepted the chronomancer, he began to dream of a literal resurrection. To make a very long story short, the party managed to effect an 85% evacuation of the realm, while maintaining the illusion that it all happened the way the rulebooks said it did (which was the price the chronomancer insisted upon). So now they've brought many, many thousands of dwarves into the present and are laying plans to retake Ammarindar (everyone's in hiding at the moment).

And I had a horrible thought. I know the timelines don't mesh exactly (heck, I'm still not sure which YEAR Hunter's Blades takes place in), but the environments are separate. What I was thinking was having the events from Hunter's Blades, WotSQ, and Forsaken House all happen at the same time, just as the Ammarindar plans start to unfold. This would, as a complete aside, also explain why Alustrial didn't want to move against Obould (uhh... I'd love to, guys, but there's a little problem of a demon army on my other border...).

So, have I had an overdose of evilness? It seems to me that we have an Underdark war all over the North (WotSQ), orcs vs dwarves west of the Surbrin (HB), and a free-for-all in the High Forest area and further south (FH). So it's possible that they're all going on at the same time, without overlapping.

Opinions? Have I gone too far?
6   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Hoondatha Posted - 01 Nov 2005 : 02:12:33
This is a Second Edition (2e) campaign, I'm using a slightly modified version of the base Chronomancer class from the Chronomancer sourcebook. I say slightly modified because I'm a big fan of the Back to the Future movies, and if you can't do something like Back to the Future 2 (multiple versions of the same person running around in the same time), then, really, what's the point?
KnightErrantJR Posted - 31 Oct 2005 : 18:25:48
Do you use the Chronomancer from AEG's Magic sourcebook, or is this something you whipped up yourselves?
Hoondatha Posted - 31 Oct 2005 : 18:23:57
In case people care, here's the current list of the group. It's a 2e campaign (obviously), and we're all big fans of kits (as will very quickly become obvious). The chronomancer (whose level is higher due to a series of solo time-adventures) tends to lead the group.

hem W18 (chronomancer)
dm F16 (highborn)
df T18 (lorefinder)
hm P17 (Shaundakul)
hf R16 (justifier)
ef F12/M12 (bladesinger)
halfm P15 (Brandobaris)
Hoondatha Posted - 31 Oct 2005 : 17:32:28
Between 15 and 17. Give me a little while to collect my wits and I can post more info.
Iliphar1 Posted - 27 Oct 2005 : 23:17:29
just interested, which level are your PCs?
khorne Posted - 24 Oct 2005 : 21:44:53
It sounds a wee bit like overkill.

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000