Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 Running the Realms
 Chosen templates

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Drew Posted - 16 Oct 2004 : 20:56:28
I've seen the chosen of Mystra and Bane. But is there anything about the other gods. I'm sure a few have there chosen as well. Like eilistraee one of the seven sisters is her chosen but I cant find a template anywere.

Its not just Eilistraee, its all I'm curious about.

If anyone could help that would be great.

Drew
13   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Taelohn Posted - 04 Nov 2004 : 04:53:30
However, remember that the Chosen of Mystra and the Chosen of - well, everyone else - are not the same thing.

To quote Ed:

quote:
While I’m at it, let me reiterate: Mystra is the most powerful deity of the Faerunian pantheon, by virtue of the fact that Toril is so overwhelmingly governed, sourced, and powered by magic. (If Ao the Overgod exists, Ao is for purposes of this argument “more” than a deity.) This is why Mystra’s power (the silver fire) is divided up among many mortals: her Chosen. The “Chosen” of Mystra are different than the “Chosen” of other deities (who tend to be champions, advocates, servitors, and so on, who if they have any of the direct power of the deity, are lent it by the deity in a manner quite different from Mystra’s probably-unwilling sharing).

So the "Chosen" of anyone but Mystra) are most likely going to be a little less powerful, individually - and there will be far fewer of them, to be sure (most likely only one per god). I'd actually consider them more like proxies, rather than Chosen in the same sense as Mystra has.

While Qilue is said to be the Chosen of Eilistraee, there's no guarantee she gains a long list of additional powers from that, if any.

If you really wanted to give her an additional template, it might give her +2 Cha and let her use moonfire, and that might be it. Not all Chosen need be created equal (remembering that Mystra is the most powerful greater deity, whereas Eilistraee is merely a lesser deity).
Kuje Posted - 21 Oct 2004 : 00:50:14
I forgot there was a passing reference to a Chosen of Shar in Underdark. And there was also a Chosen of Malar in a 3e Dungeon adventure.
Wood Elf Ranger Posted - 19 Oct 2004 : 20:22:52
Read Dawn of Night and Twilight Falling the first two books of the Everis Cale trilogy by Paul S. Kemp (plus read the third one when it comes out ). Everis Cale and Drasek Riven are two of Masks Chosen and are the main characters of this series. You should get a lot of great ideas from them
Drew Posted - 19 Oct 2004 : 10:42:24
reason I ask is that I was looking at designing a chosen template of the god Mask, and seeing what all goes into something like that.
Kuje Posted - 17 Oct 2004 : 21:52:29
quote:
Originally posted by SiriusBlack
Qilue and Laeral are the two chosen I'd most like to see a novel devoted to.

Oh aye! I'd read that as well!

Kuje Posted - 17 Oct 2004 : 21:47:58
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

quote:
Originally posted by kuje31

Then Ed's giving conflicting info because he later said this:

"Qilue Veladorn: [accent grave missing over the “e” in “Qilue” thanks to my primitive e-mail] the Chosen of both Mystra and Eilistraee, Qilue looks like a drow, albeit with silver hair, and in manner, speech, and expression, is the least friendly and approachable of the Seven (except when compared to an angry Simbul), and is as restless as the Simbul, torn between “her two mothers” and unsure of her destiny and what she should be doing; enjoys human company (see SILVERFALL) but prefers dancing in worship of Eilistraee in moonlit forest with fellow drow more than anything else; half-fears and yet is strangely excited that either Mystra or Eilistraee intends her to wed someone she might not like (she has no idea who, this is just a notion); is most like an adolescent in lack of confidence of all the Seven. In dealings with strangers, will be polite, wary, yet quick to warn of offense (and servile to no one).

But that doesn't say that Chosen of Eilistraee is anything more than just a title... Nor does Seven Sisters, which Ed wrote. And we do know that all priestesses at the Promenade are called Chosen of Eilistraee.

Yes it does actually, Wooly, "She is the Chosen of BOTH Mystra and Eilistraee." This is the same as the leaders of the Emerald Enclave are Chosens of 3 deities all at the same time. And again Qilue's title down there is the Chosen of the Chosen of the Promanade.

But maybe Steven can answer this since he created Qilue. :) Or someone go ask Ed what he actually meant then since he still gave to conflicting replies about her Chosen status of Eilistraee.
SiriusBlack Posted - 17 Oct 2004 : 19:59:43
quote:

Conflicting is a nice summary to this character. I am very intrigued to see what awaits Qilue in the future especially after the sad events for her in Windwalker.

Qilue and Laeral are the two chosen I'd most like to see a novel devoted to.
Wooly Rupert Posted - 17 Oct 2004 : 19:59:13
quote:

"Qilue Veladorn: [accent grave missing over the “e” in “Qilue” thanks to my primitive e-mail] the Chosen of both Mystra and Eilistraee, Qilue looks like a drow, albeit with silver hair, and in manner, speech, and expression, is the least friendly and approachable of the Seven (except when compared to an angry Simbul), and is as restless as the Simbul, torn between “her two mothers” and unsure of her destiny and what she should be doing; enjoys human company (see SILVERFALL) but prefers dancing in worship of Eilistraee in moonlit forest with fellow drow more than anything else; half-fears and yet is strangely excited that either Mystra or Eilistraee intends her to wed someone she might not like (she has no idea who, this is just a notion); is most like an adolescent in lack of confidence of all the Seven. In dealings with strangers, will be polite, wary, yet quick to warn of offense (and servile to no one).

But that doesn't say that Chosen of Eilistraee is anything more than just a title... Nor does Seven Sisters, which Ed wrote. And we do know that all priestesses at the Promenade are called Chosen of Eilistraee.
Kuje Posted - 17 Oct 2004 : 18:59:30

Wooly Rupert Posted - 17 Oct 2004 : 07:38:44
quote:

quote:

I should just like to point out that from all published sources, "Chosen of Elistraee" is just a title that all of her priestesses at the Promenade bear.

But I'd like to point out that Qilue is the Chosen of the Chosen and both Rich and Ed have said that she both a Chosen of Mystra and Eilistraee!

First, I still say Rich was wrong in that statement. There was never anything to indicate that Chosen of Eilistraee was anything more than just a title, and plenty to support it being a title.

Ed, too, referred to it as a title, and failed to mention any special, Eilistraee-granted powers or abilities. Quote:

quote:

Qilue is a Chosen of Mystra with all the powers and special status other Chosen of the Mother Of All Magic possess.

Eilistraee wanted a “claim” on her, too, hence her Chosen of Eilistraee title. It means two things: she’s as loyal to Eilistraee as to Mystra (in daily practise, as shown in SILVERFALL, more so), and Eilistraee foresees using her in some great task (i.e. a not-yet-revealed destiny).

Being as this is Candlekeep, I can do no more than point you to what a Harper PC (not one of the Knights) uncovered when asking a monk of Candlekeep to research Qilue’s destiny. The monk was of course limited to finding prophecies and other written histories, and reported thus: one seer saw a dream wherein Qilue wielded a sword forged of her own blood, and was hailed by knights as “the Godslayer.”

However, another seer (the monk declined to identify either of his sources, BTW) said “the dark one who serves two goddesses but leads the dance for only one shall be mother to a new race, and change the face of the Realms forever.”
Either way, it seems Qilue’s future bids fair to be interesting.

So saith Ed. Alaundo, you heard it here first. It seems Candlekeep holds some doggedly diligent or creative monks (or both)."
Kuje Posted - 16 Oct 2004 : 22:40:19
quote:

I should just like to point out that from all published sources, "Chosen of Elistraee" is just a title that all of her priestesses at the Promenade bear.

But I'd like to point out that Qilue is the Chosen of the Chosen and both Rich and Ed have said that she both a Chosen of Mystra and Eilistraee!
Wooly Rupert Posted - 16 Oct 2004 : 21:55:35
Kuje Posted - 16 Oct 2004 : 21:11:58
The only one that has been officially converted or made for 3.0 is this one:

http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=books/fr/deneir

But you can base Mielikki's off of the info in City of Splendors box set from 2e, or the Vilhon Reach sourcebook for Mielikki's, Silvanus's, and Eldath's since that book has the leaders of the Emerald Enclave who are chosens of all three deities at the same time!

Eilistraee's hasn't been converted for 3/3.5 either.

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000