Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 Running the Realms
 Utilizing Complete Divine relics in the Realms

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Galuf the Dwarf Posted - 10 Sep 2013 : 19:29:08
This was a recent idea I came up with. As far as divine relics as featured in the 3.5 edition game supplement Complete Divine, I know a number of the relics for non-human gods still have similar patrons in the Realms, so they could be used as is. The others, however, could be used by certain other deities instead. Here are my ideas, which I also plan to post in Candlekeep.

Armor of the Fallen Leaves (Obad-Hai): Most likely to be used by either Silvanus or Mielikki.
Raptor Arrow (Ehlonna): Either Mielikki, Gwaeron Windstrom, or could even be an artifact of the elf god Solonor Thelandria.
Belt of the Champion (Kord): Most likely Tempus. Garagos or Uthgar in a pinch.
Boots of the Unending Journey (Fharlahghn): Definitely Shaundakul.
Censer of the Last Breath (Nerull): Probably Velsharoon or Kiaransalee. More likely the former than the latter, though. Somehow, I doubt Kelemvor or Jergal would use such a cruel artifact.
Chain of Obeisance (Hextor): Bane. Need I say more?
Cudgel that Never Forgets (St. Cuthbert): This is a tricky one. I could likely see Helm or Hoar using such, though I would just as well see such instead turned into a sword rather than a mace in either case.
Dagger of Denial (Vecna): This one screams out "Cyric" to me.
Dawnstar (Pelor): Lathander or Amaunator, anyone? Maybe Horus-Re, for that matter?
Ehlonna's Seed Pouch: Could work for either Mielikki, Silvanus or Rillifane Rallathiel.
Executioner's Hood (Erythnul): Most likely Cyric. Possibly even Garagos or Talos instead.
Gauntlets of the Blood Lord (Hextor): Surprisingly, this sounds more like an artifact for the likes of either Baghtru or Malar than Bane, given either former deity's penchant for bloodshed.
Helm of the Purple Plume (Heironeous): Torm, without a doubt.
Morningstar of the Many (Erythnul): I have no idea with this one. For one, it'd likely need a name change alongside a Realms deity to patron it.
Pipes of Frenzied Revelry (Olidammara): Probably Llira, Sharess or Erevan Illesire.
Rapier of Desperate Measure (Olidammara): Probably Tymora or Beshaba. Mask could also be a candidate.
Rapier of Unerring Direction (Fharlahghn): I'd say Oghma with this one, or maybe Shaundakul.
Rod of Reversal (Boccob): Azuth or Mystra without a doubt.
Ruby Blade (Wee Jas): Jergal, plain and simple.
Scrolls of Uncertain Provenance (Wee Jas): Also most likely Jergal.
Shard of the Sun (Pelor): See Dawnstar.
Staff of the Unyielding Oak: Likely Silvanus or Rillifane Rallathil.
Sword of Mighty Thews (Kord): Probably Tempus.
Sword of Virtue Beyond Reproach (Heironeous): Torm or Tyr, most likely. Could be used for Helm, for that matter.
Tabard of the Disembodied (Nerull): Could be used by Kelemvor, or any god of death or undead, for that matter.
Tabard of the Great Crusade (St. Cuthbert): Helm, Ilmater, Torm or Tyr are the best candidates. Any deity of similar portfolios among demihuman deities would work too.
Tome of Ancient Lore (Boccob): Could be Mystra, Azuth, Oghma, or any deity of knowledge or magic.
Tome of the Stilled Tongue (Vecna): I'd say Cyric or Velsharoon.
4   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Demzer Posted - 14 Sep 2013 : 13:58:23
Another thought about this:

Regardless of which deity you decide owns a relic, for the relics that have more than one likely hypothetic owner, you may decide that the churchs and cults involved each believe the relic is theirs.

And while, for example, the contest for the ownership of the Gauntlets of the Blood Lord will probably turn into a bloodbath between Banites and Baghtruites, the interactions between the churches of Helm, Torm, Tyr and Ilmater around the Tabard of the Great Crusade may lead to interesting roleplaying developments.
Galuf the Dwarf Posted - 12 Sep 2013 : 16:51:50
quote:
Originally posted by Demzer

Let's see what i can add:

Armor of the Fallen Leaves (Obad-Hai): Agreed on Mielikki or Silvanus, maybe to keep it in line with the lore provided it can be a gift from Silvanus to Mielikki, since she has autumn in her portfolio it seems slightly more fitting within her faith.
Raptor Arrow (Ehlonna): Definitely Solonor Thelandira, Gwaeron is more a tracker-type of ranger than the skilled archer.
Belt of the Champion (Kord): Agreed on Tempus, not on Garagos (he's just a savage slayer) nor Uthgar, Lathander is a contender given he has athletics and self perfection in his portfolio.
Censer of the Last Breath (Nerull): Uhm, i don't see a strong relation with necromancy for this item and i don't know why but a censer that spews noxious gases feels like Talona to me.
Chain of Obeisance (Hextor): Spiked chain + obedience = Loviatar in my mind.
Dawnstar (Pelor): This turns completely Lathanderite if it's changed to a light or heavy mace.
Ehlonna's Seed Pouch: Shiallia the demigoddess of growth and woodland fertility with an acorn for her symbol is another contender.
Executioner's Hood (Erythnul): If we see the coup the grace as a way of freeing someone from unnecessary pain and suffering while dying this could be even a Kelemvorite relic.
Gauntlets of the Blood Lord (Hextor): Baghtru all the way, bloodshed and spiked gauntlets are his trademarks. Problem is, this gauntlets only enhance spellcasting and i totally see Banites channeling their spells to greater effects through this gauntlets while Baghtru's clerics and shamans for me are way more savage like rip-your-arms-off-with-bare-hands types.
Morningstar of the Many (Erythnul): The alignment traits suggest a chaotic evil deity, it's been used to kill things all over the place and all the magical properties point to bloodletting so i suggest Garagos, maybe changing it to a longsword.

Very good points there. Considering the Armor of the Fallen Leaves, though, the original lore said it was a gift from Ehlonna to Obad-Hai, so I'd actually see it more likely a relic of Silvanus than Mielikki.
ksu_bond Posted - 11 Sep 2013 : 05:35:10
I love the armor of fallen leaves, in fact one of my Lythari druid character's turned NPC is currently using one with slight variation in the rules.

And another one of my ranger of Selune character's has a cloak with a similar ability only it's themed around moonlight.
Demzer Posted - 10 Sep 2013 : 21:19:04
Let's see what i can add:

Armor of the Fallen Leaves (Obad-Hai): Agreed on Mielikki or Silvanus, maybe to keep it in line with the lore provided it can be a gift from Silvanus to Mielikki, since she has autumn in her portfolio it seems slightly more fitting within her faith.
Raptor Arrow (Ehlonna): Definitely Solonor Thelandira, Gwaeron is more a tracker-type of ranger than the skilled archer.
Belt of the Champion (Kord): Agreed on Tempus, not on Garagos (he's just a savage slayer) nor Uthgar, Lathander is a contender given he has athletics and self perfection in his portfolio.
Censer of the Last Breath (Nerull): Uhm, i don't see a strong relation with necromancy for this item and i don't know why but a censer that spews noxious gases feels like Talona to me.
Chain of Obeisance (Hextor): Spiked chain + obedience = Loviatar in my mind.
Dawnstar (Pelor): This turns completely Lathanderite if it's changed to a light or heavy mace.
Ehlonna's Seed Pouch: Shiallia the demigoddess of growth and woodland fertility with an acorn for her symbol is another contender.
Executioner's Hood (Erythnul): If we see the coup the grace as a way of freeing someone from unnecessary pain and suffering while dying this could be even a Kelemvorite relic.
Gauntlets of the Blood Lord (Hextor): Baghtru all the way, bloodshed and spiked gauntlets are his trademarks. Problem is, this gauntlets only enhance spellcasting and i totally see Banites channeling their spells to greater effects through this gauntlets while Baghtru's clerics and shamans for me are way more savage like rip-your-arms-off-with-bare-hands types.
Morningstar of the Many (Erythnul): The alignment traits suggest a chaotic evil deity, it's been used to kill things all over the place and all the magical properties point to bloodletting so i suggest Garagos, maybe changing it to a longsword.

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000