Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 Running the Realms
 HELP, for a 4th campaign

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Nagaral Posted - 11 Jul 2013 : 23:08:29
hello guys, i'm trying to create a small campaign in the 4th edition. the main charateristcs are that i want to make people disappear leaving on the ground theyr sheets, dress, shoes everything they had, like theyr body vaporized, but i'm still unsure on why and where.

so can u lay me a hand e shoot a brain storming. usually all our sessions are between silver marcs, cormyr and sometimes around Damara Vaasa and the bloodstones. i would like to try something new, but i don't still know what land could fit the most.

i know it vague but still, thank u for your help
9   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Nagaral Posted - 21 Jul 2013 : 02:03:45
tnx, u all have been very kind and usefull.
Diffan Posted - 16 Jul 2013 : 04:25:06
For the power level and magnitude of the campaign, I'd suggest an upper Heroic tier campaign that flows into Paragon. So 7th level (there abouts) up through 11th. Or for a stronger style, starting at 10th and progressing into 13th or 14th. The PCs would already be established as accomplished and competent adventurers.
Wooly Rupert Posted - 14 Jul 2013 : 17:08:58
quote:
Originally posted by Nagaral

that sounds great, thank u scererar.

another thing, i still not used to the 4th edition and it's the first time i master it. what level u suggest the party should be for something like this?

It depends mostly on the power level of the opposition.
Nagaral Posted - 14 Jul 2013 : 15:58:32
that sounds great, thank u scererar.

another thing, i still not used to the 4th edition and it's the first time i master it. what level u suggest the party should be for something like this?
scererar Posted - 13 Jul 2013 : 16:15:05
How about Thesk, starting out in a small town along the golden way? Could be close enough to Thay for the undead wandering over the border as well as using some of the gang like factions in Thesk to work some of the "people are disappearing" aspects you were asking for
Nagaral Posted - 13 Jul 2013 : 10:19:10
ahahahah well, no, the undead will roam free just in the nearby of the area.
lordsknight185 Posted - 12 Jul 2013 : 14:23:28
<.<; So you want a realms-based rapture?
Nagaral Posted - 12 Jul 2013 : 09:45:36
yeah, sorry, the campaign should be at the start something more investigative, and a bit horror, it must be in a village or a remote area so that people can deasspear causing fearbeetween the citizens without having a force that can prevent the fact, i mean people from the area can just help with few evidences our adventurers with the investigations.
i think the vaporizing body can be explained with a evil ritual, for what and for which god yet to determine, or maibe a willing artifact driving an arcanist or a priest, or else. another idea that came in my mind was a zone where magic works differently that alterated a ritual of a powerfull wizard producing undesired effects. in each case the carachters should at first find the cause, then try to stop it, (if it's a sort of dark ritual, try to kill the caster, if a major artifact probably kill the caster e find someone to seal or destroy the artifact, in the third example maybe cooperate with the wizard to find components to a reverseritual to stop the effects that started.) after finishing the restoration of normality, undead will arrive from the ground and the heroes will have to slay em. somehow i would like to put like finalboss a demon or a devil, that intersted in the events went there to pull the strings and gain something (i still don't know what)
Wooly Rupert Posted - 12 Jul 2013 : 05:09:15
I think we need a bit more information on what kind of campaign you're wanting to run, and what you like to include in campaigns...

Having people vanish like that is a great starting hook; it really grabs the attention and piques the interest. But it's just a hook -- we need to know more of what you want before we can help out.

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000