Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 Running the Realms
 looting warforged

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Saxmilian Posted - 09 Jul 2013 : 03:04:48
With the Adamantine Body feat on the Warforged what happens when they are destroyed? How much is the "adamantine plating" worth? A Full plate Adamantine armor is worth 10,000 gold. Can that much be salvaged? Has anyone encountered this yet?
15   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Wooly Rupert Posted - 13 Jul 2013 : 06:28:06
quote:
Originally posted by Markustay

So if an Alchemist figures out a way to extract the Adamtite from a warforged, and also managed to figure out how to bond that extracted 'living adamantite' to a shifter...

Would that be 'Weapon X'?

Given the option of using magic, I'd more readily go for simply turning bones into metal, as opposed to plating them.
Joebing Posted - 13 Jul 2013 : 02:31:44
quote:

So if an Alchemist figures out a way to extract the Adamtite from a warforged, and also managed to figure out how to bond that extracted 'living adamantite' to a shifter...

Markustay Posted - 12 Jul 2013 : 14:56:14

Joebing Posted - 12 Jul 2013 : 14:02:57
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

I think it should also be noted that the effort required to incapacitate a warforged, so that it could be looted, would likely damage a lot of that which you'd like to take from the warforged.

You have a point. They are a construct after all, and a durable one at that.
Wooly Rupert Posted - 12 Jul 2013 : 05:15:14
I think it should also be noted that the effort required to incapacitate a warforged, so that it could be looted, would likely damage a lot of that which you'd like to take from the warforged.
TBeholder Posted - 11 Jul 2013 : 18:50:06
Here's a thought: did anyone make a warforged with a built-in Internal Conjuration Engine?

quote:

I am thinking that the magic (of their creation) somehow binds with the molecules, and allows for changes to the atomic structure (adding and removing different atoms to change metals
It probably requires catfish scales.
The Sage Posted - 11 Jul 2013 : 03:10:24
quote:

Ahhh, so it is some form of organic adamantine? Almost like the 'living metal' (Plandanium) of Spaceknights?

I wonder if it would be fun to do a story-arc where they somehow develop a techno-organic virus (stolen from Marvel comics) that Warforge carry but humans (and other organics) could be infected by. It would almost be like ST's Borg. Imagine a cyborg illithid.

And then the first victim should be a warlock... I'm sure Sage will get the reference.

Well, I once had a tinker gnome in my Krynn/Realms games who was named D'o'ug Rams-ey.

I do very much like your idea about Phalanx-styled warforged, though. Perhaps the virus itself is a product of the destruction of Cyre and the birth of the Mourning. So only some warforged are affected. Perhaps this is really what the Lord of Blades is working against in his experiments on warforged.
Joebing Posted - 10 Jul 2013 : 22:58:07
Of course, as always, what we do in our home campaigns is up to us. I threw out several rulings by WotC over the years...I might do the same with this...if my PC's ever get the idea to do this (which they have not). That's the nice thing about D&D...house rules.

Markustay Posted - 10 Jul 2013 : 14:46:02
Right, so 'organic metals' are a form of snythetic metal, and are therefor 'unstable' once the living portion of the equation is removed.

I am thinking that the magic (of their creation) somehow binds with the molecules, and allows for changes to the atomic structure (adding and removing different atoms to change metals, or add more material). Its almost like the Warforged are living crucibles of the Alchemic arts.
sleyvas Posted - 09 Jul 2013 : 22:27:07
just copying the whole section for those who might come after. Its not just adamantine, its any metal

" The materials of the warforged are not truly natural; this is reflected by the ability of a warforged juggernaut to change its shape over time (growing spikes), or the fact that an armorer can repair a mithral warforged even when he doesn't have any mithral on hand. An important side effect of this is that if material is removed from the body of a warforged, it quickly degrades. As a result, stripping a warforged and selling its metal is impossible; a warforged may have adamantine components, but these will rust and pit when they are pulled from the warforged."
Markustay Posted - 09 Jul 2013 : 16:16:29
Ahhh, so it is some form of organic adamantine? Almost like the 'living metal' (Plandanium) of Spaceknights?

I wonder if it would be fun to do a story-arc where they somehow develop a techno-organic virus (stolen from Marvel comics) that Warforge carry but humans (and other organics) could be infected by. It would almost be like ST's Borg. Imagine a cyborg illithid.

And then the first victim should be a warlock... I'm sure Sage will get the reference.
Lord Bane Posted - 09 Jul 2013 : 16:06:26
How about smelting the corpse into one bigger piece of adamantine? I mean they are not removed, only reshaped.
If that still doesn´t work, you can always misuse the corpse as cover or projectile if fired with a catapult like engine.
BadCatMan Posted - 09 Jul 2013 : 15:10:52
Actually, in 3.5 / Eberron lore, the components of a warforged will rapidly degrade if removed from their body:
http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/ebds/20050627a
"A warforged may have adamantine components, but these will rust and pit when they are pulled from the warforged."
Markustay Posted - 09 Jul 2013 : 15:05:34
IIRC, in Ed's original Realms (and in Dwarves deep, which he wrote), Adamantite is an alloy, and therefor your analogy and comparison sounds perfectly reasonable, Sleyvas.

And 'hunting down' warforged for their component materials titillates my evil side in such a wonderful way.

Imagine a scam where a 'good' group is financing Warforged to get upgrades... just to destroy them and take their bodies.
sleyvas Posted - 09 Jul 2013 : 14:20:41
You know, its pretty amazing to me that this is the first time I've seen this question.... its also an interesting thought that warforged might be hunted down simply for their components. However, in the case of adamantine.... I may be wrong, but once its cast, you can't re-melt it and re-use it (its durability makes it resistant to reuse unlike other metals). That of course may be intermixing comic book descriptions with D&D descriptions. Now, a mithril warforged could definitely be "re-purposed".

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000