Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 Running the Realms
 Multiple spell casting

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Saxmilian Posted - 10 Dec 2012 : 21:40:29
If im amage +10/+5 Base Attack can I cast TWO spells in a single Full-round action?
16   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Dalor Darden Posted - 13 Dec 2012 : 02:26:08
quote:
Originally posted by Diffan

Quicken Spell uses up you Swift Action, for which you only have one of. So you could only ever get off 3 spells per turn (a quickened spell and a twin cast spell).

Just read back over that...yup Diffan is right: Quicken for sure uses the Swift Action.
Euranna Posted - 13 Dec 2012 : 00:26:41
[quote]Originally posted by Dalor Darden

[quote]

Hmmm...forgot about that one...I wonder if by using Twin Spell I could actually get off four spells a round?

shhhh....My DM might hear (because I am soo going to try this...4 flame strikes!!) bwahahahahahahahaha
_Jarlaxle_ Posted - 12 Dec 2012 : 17:11:18
You should take a look at the mailman for some ideas on how to cast multiple spells per round
http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75882/19868534/The_Mailman:_A_Direct_Damage_Sorcerer
Diffan Posted - 12 Dec 2012 : 15:14:20
Quicken Spell uses up you Swift Action, for which you only have one of. So you could only ever get off 3 spells per turn (a quickened spell and a twin cast spell).
sleyvas Posted - 12 Dec 2012 : 09:27:38
quote:
Originally posted by Dalor Darden

You can get off three spells in a round actually: One as a Standard Action, One as a Quickened Spell, and one as a Swift Spell.

If we're going here... you can do all of the above, then have a contingency kick off. Then, you could have a couple "craft contingent" spells pop off too. Plus, if you've got initiate of mystra you could have a spell phylactery reading a scroll. Plus, one of the spells could be a spell storer that actually releases 2 or 3 spells at once (aka the spells like the Simbul's Spell matrix/sequencer/trigger). There's so many ways to twist this system out there, but at least its not as bad as 2nd edition was. Thankfully, most are not financially viable in terms of feats, specific spell limitations, etc...
Dalor Darden Posted - 12 Dec 2012 : 04:28:33
quote:
Originally posted by Euranna

There is also a feat called Twin Spell that allows you to cast two spells at the same time. :D

Hmmm...forgot about that one...I wonder if by using Twin Spell I could actually get off four spells a round?
Euranna Posted - 12 Dec 2012 : 02:49:29
There is also a feat called Twin Spell that allows you to cast two spells at the same time. :D
Kilvan Posted - 11 Dec 2012 : 19:06:17
And as for the original post, base attack bonus and spellcasting are completely unrelated, additional attacks never grant additional castings.
Dalor Darden Posted - 11 Dec 2012 : 18:31:36
You can get off three spells in a round actually: One as a Standard Action, One as a Quickened Spell, and one as a Swift Spell.
Kilvan Posted - 11 Dec 2012 : 16:51:06
The Celerity spells from PH2 will allow you to do additional actions in a round, at the cost of doing fewer at the one after. This is insanely powerful, and is banned by many DMs (myself included).

If the spells do dot affect other creatures than the caster, objects or the environment, there is always the classic Time Stop.
sleyvas Posted - 11 Dec 2012 : 14:00:45
quote:
Originally posted by vorpalanvil

As I recall they are correct, but if hasted you can. Damn 3rd ed is broken!

3rd edition is broken. 3.5 fixed this.
_Jarlaxle_ Posted - 11 Dec 2012 : 11:29:28
In 3.0 it did give you the abillity to cast 2 spells per turn, which got fixed in 3.5
Diffan Posted - 11 Dec 2012 : 10:54:27
quote:
Originally posted by vorpalanvil

All spellcasting requires a standard action or a full-round action. The only way to cast two spells in a single turn is to have one prepared as a Quicken Spell. Even with haste on, your still limited to 1-spell per turn. Haste allows you a third "Attack" in a turn (assuming a BAB of +10/+5), but not the ability to burn two spells at once.
vorpalanvil Posted - 11 Dec 2012 : 10:01:13
sleyvas Posted - 10 Dec 2012 : 23:44:37
casting a spell is a standard action (unless otherwise denoted in the spell or by a feat applied). You can gain two attacks (i.e. two melee or ranged weapon attacks) with a +10/+5 using a full attack action, but you can't cast two spells.
Kentinal Posted - 10 Dec 2012 : 22:07:42
Well, most spells are a standard or full (if not more) round action, so no you can not unless you gain special powers. Even if standard action your character is only permitted a move action to complete the the round. This based on 3.5 SRD rules.

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000