Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 Running the Realms
 FR Lore Master Needed

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
TheGmork Posted - 30 May 2012 : 00:24:35
Hello all,
I am one of the lead builders in a Neverwinter Nights Persistent World set int the early rise of the Netheril Empire. We are set around 200 years after the Elves gifted the humans with magic.

Well I'll get right to the point. We need help with Deity information of the time. We have the names of all the human gods thanks to old source books, but we don’t know the Domains of the gods, which his important to the way NwN works (using D&D V3/3.5 rules).

Also, we cant find much information on what non-human gods are of this time to. We assume that all the non human gods are the same as present time gods, but we need to be sure.

Any help in this matter would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you
4   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
TheGmork Posted - 31 May 2012 : 08:24:37
Thank you, this has been helpful.
Lord Karsus Posted - 30 May 2012 : 03:05:06
-The Elves worshiped the Seldarine and the Dark Seldarine, as is (with chronological constrains and concerns in place, ie. the Masked Lady did not exist). The Dwarves, the same. And so on.

-Regarding domains, those are 3e mechanical aspects of deities, so there isn't necessarily a concrete list- especially since various 3e sourcebooks and magazines added new domains. As long as the deity (1) represents the domain or something similar, or (2) has as one of their spheres/portfolios something similar or closely related to the domain, it should be all good. So, for example, back during the days of Netheril, Mystryl (it was her, right, or was that Amaunataur?) also had the 'Time' sphere/portfolio. So, it stands to reason to give her (or Amaunataur) the 'Time' domain as well.

-This (http://www.imarvintpa.com/dndLive/Index_LevDom.php) list has various official WotC sourcebook domains (I don't know if it's all of them, but it looks long enough to be).
ericlboyd Posted - 30 May 2012 : 02:28:10
The Netheril boxed set included a bunch of gods that were basically renamed gods from Faiths & Avatars. (The text is basically identical.)

First, create a 1-to-1 mapping ...

Kozah -> Talos
Mystryl -> Mystra

etc.

Then look at the domain lists in Player's Guide to Faerun for each of the modern incarnations, that should do fine.
Kentinal Posted - 30 May 2012 : 00:48:04
There is not much source, it clearly becomes even harder when you set a specific date of near of "set around 200 years after the Elves gifted the humans with magic".

You make it even harder to demand 3rd Edition rules.

There are some source material for ancient Realms. History of Crown Wars is ever too current for what you ask.

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000