Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 Running the Realms
 Pathfinderized Cavalier Orders

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
EltonJ Posted - 04 May 2012 : 16:14:02
Reading the [url=http://paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/advanced/baseClasses/cavalier.html]PRD[/url], I noticed the following Cavalier orders:

* Order of the Cockatrice. A member of this order serves only himself. A good base for this order is Mulmaster (off the top of my head). Anyone have any suggestions?

* Order of the Dragon. Cavaliers of the Dragon believe in friendship to the utmost. If anything, I'd use the order for the Knights of the Purple Dragon (goodbye PrC, hello Cavalier class).

* Order of the Lion. A cavalier who belongs to this order has pledged himself to a sovereign; be it a king, queen, or even the local warlord. Cavaliers of this order are stalwart and dedicated to their cause, willing to go any length to ensure the safety of their lord and his domain. (another version of the Knights of the Purple Dragon).

* Order of the Shield. Cavaliers who join the order of the shield devote their lives to protecting the common folk, from the simple farmer to the honest craftsman. These cavaliers stand before the tide, protecting the innocent from roving marauders and hungry monsters. I'd see this Order's base in the Dalelands, most probably Battledale or Mistledale.

* Order of the Star. Cavaliers who join the order of the star dedicate themselves to the protection and service of a faith and its members. Cavaliers belonging to this order tend to follow many of the tenets and guides of the religion that they serve. When a cavalier joins this order, he should select a single religion to serve. I don't know where to put the base of this order. There aren't very many theocracies in the Realms to choose from.

* Order of the Sword. Cavaliers who join the order of the sword dedicate their lives to the code of chivalry, living a life of honor, valor, and fairness. Cavaliers of this order tend to swear service to a lord or a lady. Of all the orders, the order of the sword is perhaps the broadest in terms of its focus and ideals. The order of the Sword could also be based in the Dales, maybe also Sembia or Cormyr.
1   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Jeremy Grenemyer Posted - 12 May 2012 : 07:15:37
I like cavaliers a lot. I wish WotC would publish a Realms novel where you have some sort of cavalier-like characters who have to do battle with brigands and monsters in the wilds of Cormyr's borders, then return to Arabel and Suzail where they have to do verbal battle with nobles and courtiers.

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000