Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 Running the Realms
 Somebody stop me...please

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Ionik Knight Posted - 23 Sep 2010 : 00:30:27
I have this overwhelming desire to create a trio of female, were-cat, bardic thieves. Who use they're performances to case likely targets.....and the ringleader's name is Johzey.
19   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Alystra Illianniis Posted - 28 Sep 2010 : 04:43:03
And don't forget the Freddy vs Jason vs Army of Darkness mini-series!! Come to think of it, I would not put it past the AoD folks to toss Ash Williams into the FR- in fact, I can see Manshoon getting his hands on the Necronomicon!!
Markustay Posted - 27 Sep 2010 : 22:03:11
Well, my whole point was that the 'real' Josey and the *****cats could canonically appear in FR through a chain of continuity-crossovers.

Batman has also fought the Predator, which allows us to borrow liberally from any movie genre Dark Horse comics has covered (which lead to such gems as Freddy vs Jason and Alien vs Predator. I'm still waiting for the Terminator vs Robocop movie.

Ohhhhh... and Superman fought Muhammad Ali....

Which was actually a better fight then The Hulk vs Hulk Hogan (which lasted all of 3 seconds).

EDIT OMG! Censored! Thats just funny as all hell.
Alystra Illianniis Posted - 26 Sep 2010 : 21:12:10
DC??! Ach!! You just wounded me, Sage..... Sadly, I have not had money or opportunity to pick up a Spidey book in nearly a year. I am so far behind that I don't even remember where I left off on my monthly pull-list. I DID manage to finally scrounge a few bucks and make it to a book store this week (in a town almost an HOUR away) to pick up the latest Avengers, Deadpool, X-Factor, and three issues of Spidey. (the One Moment in Time arc) I don't know about where he is NOW, but I felt let down at the end of that arc- the thought of him and M-J going to the "just friends" zone is just ridiculous after all this time. She is the LOVE OF HIS LIFE!! (Gwen aside.) You don't just flush that much time in a relationship that serious down the drain and "be set free". I have enjoyed some of the stories after BND, but honestly, the overall direction has just left a bad taste for me. They really need to stop messing with what used to be a great thing. If it ain't broke- DON'T "FIX" IT!!!
The Sage Posted - 26 Sep 2010 : 07:55:46
quote:
Originally posted by Alystra Illianniis

Sage, I was not aware of that one. Aside from a few high points, I've tried to forget the Clone Saga ever existed.
Heh. I kinda like the "Clone Saga," actually. Sure, it stretched the imagination at times, and delved perhaps a little too deeply into the realm of stupidity. But we are talking about a fictional character who can stick to walls and has other spider-like attributes. Stretching the imagination is part of the game.

As an aside, have you read the original interpretation of the "Clone Saga" that Tom DeFalco and Howard Mackie wrote and released late last year? It's a limited series that focuses on how the story should've actually worked rather than what was presented in the mainstream Spidey comics.
quote:
Much like I have a small hole in my Spidey-lovin heart ever since BND. Big mistake, IMO.
Sure, it was a major disappointment. But it kind of picks up around the last #580's and onwards. I like where Spider-Man is now, in fact.
quote:
Schend is a comic geek too? I KNEW there was a reason I liked him!!
Indeed. Though, much like myself, he tends towards DC as well.
Alystra Illianniis Posted - 26 Sep 2010 : 05:59:53
EltonJ wrote: "I think trips to Earth breaks the fourth wall."

Lol, that's kinda the point. Let me guess- you've never read Deadpool. HE does it all the time.

Sage, I was not aware of that one. Aside from a few high points, I've tried to forget the Clone Saga ever existed. Much like I have a small hole in my Spidey-lovin heart ever since BND. Big mistake, IMO. Schend is a comic geek too? I KNEW there was a reason I liked him!!
The Sage Posted - 25 Sep 2010 : 01:17:50
quote:
Originally posted by Alystra Illianniis

And speaking of mergers, there was that one between the MU and DCU, so it's not entirely unprecedented. Spidey has teamed with Batman, Supes, and others, and Daredevil teamed with Bats as well.
Don't forget the time he [or, rather, his clone] teamed up with Backlash from Image Comics.
quote:
Okay, yes I'm a TOTAL comic geek.
Finally, another scribe I can natter comics with. Aside from Steven Schend, that is.
EltonJ Posted - 25 Sep 2010 : 00:25:01
I think trips to Earth breaks the fourth wall.
Alystra Illianniis Posted - 24 Sep 2010 : 23:49:52
LOL. Hmm, so that "Wizards Three" thing in Ed's dining room in Dragon Magazine wasn't their ONLY trip to Earth? Interesting....
Wooly Rupert Posted - 24 Sep 2010 : 23:40:35
quote:
Originally posted by Halidan

quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

How about the Grand Tour comic, which had the kids from the D&D cartoon in Shadowdale?

As well as a brief apperance by Julia Martin and Ed Greenwood. Thus providing us with a canon link from Earth to Toril

Well, one of the FR comics -- the "Everybody Wants to Rule the Realms!" one, issue 23 I think -- showed plenty of interaction between FR characters -- not just those from the comics -- and staffers at TSR. So we've got that, too.
Alystra Illianniis Posted - 24 Sep 2010 : 18:21:27
LOL!! MT, were you by chance referring to the Spidey/Red-Sonya x-over? I have that entire mini-series! Sonya took possession of M-J's body, and the two worlds merged for a time. Kulan-Venom was VERY scary!! And speaking of mergers, there was that one between the MU and DCU, so it's not entirely unprecedented. Spidey has teamed with Batman, Supes, and others, and Daredevil teamed with Bats as well. And then there's the Avengers/Transformers mini..... Okay, yes I'm a TOTAL comic geek. There is even a comic version of Sir Apropos of Nothing that had Apropos (yes, that's his real name) journey into a kingdom that might as well have been Ravenloft. Gypsies, vampires, werewolves, curses- that tale had it all! (Not surprisingly, the author of that comic and novel is Peter David, of Babylon 5, Hulk, and X-Factor fame, as well as a modern-day series on King Arthur.)
Halidan Posted - 24 Sep 2010 : 18:13:53
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

How about the Grand Tour comic, which had the kids from the D&D cartoon in Shadowdale?

As well as a brief apperance by Julia Martin and Ed Greenwood. Thus providing us with a canon link from Earth to Toril
Wooly Rupert Posted - 24 Sep 2010 : 04:21:23
quote:
Originally posted by Markustay

I just need to find a canon connection from other genre to ANY D&D world, and I can prove its viability, since all the worlds were connected in 2e.

The Sage Posted - 24 Sep 2010 : 02:03:07
quote:
Originally posted by Markustay

Spiderman has traveled to the conanverse, and even made an enemy (Kulan Gath) there that later followed him to the modern (Marvel) Earth.
I preferred the time Spider-Man encountered Megatron, as part of his adventures through Earth-91274/Earth-120185 [the Transformers-branch of the Marvel Universe].
Markustay Posted - 23 Sep 2010 : 22:12:08
Spiderman has traveled to the conanverse, and even made an enemy (Kulan Gath) there that later followed him to the modern (Marvel) Earth.

Conan has met Elric of Melnibonea', and since Drizzt is a cheap imatation of Elric, it works for me.

All things come full circle, and given enough time, I can prove everything exists within the same multiverse as everything else.

For instance, although Josey teamed-up with Scooby and the gang in cartoons, in comics they were often guest-stars of Archie, and Archie HAS teamed-up with Batman (just as Scooby did, twice).

Now, there is a rare Spaceghost movie wherein he encounters many of the other current Hanna-Barbara toons (Herculoids, ect...), and anyone who is a fan of Harvey birdman on Adult Swim will know that all cartoon (and comic) beings exist within the same universe. He even defended Apache Chief (Super friends) in one episode.

I just need to find a canon connection from other genre to ANY D&D world, and I can prove its viability, since all the worlds were connected in 2e. Lankhmar may be my 'out'... we have a Newhon Ghoul in FR....

The whole 'Six degrees of Kevin Bacon' game, applied to Fantasy worlds.

EDIT: I found it!!! - Wonder woman is part of the DC continuity, which has crossed-over numerous times with the Marvel Universe, and both have crossed-over with cartoons and other comics many, many times!

The existence of a Newhon ghoul within FR, and Wonder Woman encountering Fafhrd and the Gray Mouser proves the viability of Josey and Scooby within FR!!!
Alystra Illianniis Posted - 23 Sep 2010 : 16:23:04
Hmmm, then that means my Spidey/Drizzt fan-fic over on Marvel a while back could actually happen?! Sweet!! (There's a really funny Nodwick short about sicking Lolth on Spidey... One of the funniest ones I've seen!)
Ionik Knight Posted - 23 Sep 2010 : 12:36:26
quote:
Originally posted by Cleric Generic

Oh God! Ionik, you are responsible for that damn theme tune looping through my head now! Well done... :)

Muwhaha...your welcome!
Cleric Generic Posted - 23 Sep 2010 : 10:33:08
Oh God! Ionik, you are responsible for that damn theme tune looping through my head now! Well done... :)
Markustay Posted - 23 Sep 2010 : 02:10:59
I had a group of four young adventurers and their pet Wolfwere, back when I ran GH.

Maybe your guys can team-up with my "Scûbee Dû detective Agency".

Since Johzey and her friends appeared in several episodes of Scooby, and Batman (Khelben?) appeared in at least two episodes of Scooby, and Batman was in the Super Friends, then it makes perfect sense to me that all of these things should exist in FR, since it has been accused of housing the JLA.

We really need to place the Legion of Doom - "Solomon Grundy want pants too!"

Besides, Ed did say that the Realms had portals to EVERYWHERE, so why not the Scoobyverse?
The Sage Posted - 23 Sep 2010 : 02:04:47
Sounds good to me.

Were-cats and bards are among my favourite aspects of the D&D game.

*The Sage lovely recalls a time when the Realms-equivalent of Abney Park -- comprised mostly of tinker humans and gnomes, their gnomish instrument-constructs, and a variety of Gondsmen -- once toured the Sword Coast in his campaign.*

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000