Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 Running the Realms
 A Quest for Deep Shanatar

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
HideousPhidias Posted - 08 Apr 2010 : 19:13:47
I have been working on this idea for a few years now and every time I find a new place to talk about it, it get better and more refined by the enrichment of the other fans of Faerun. So, that said I ask for and help those of you on this board can and will offer and I thank you for your time and ideas.

As many of you know the dwarven realm of Deep Shanatar was lost to time many years ago in Faerun. Only one of the eight sub-kingdoms still stands, held by the dwarves that have lived there for generations. The Kingdom of Iltkazar has stood the test of time acting as a time capsule holding many of the lost dwarven crafting secrets and traditions. But, it too now sits on the cassum of time about to fall to the ages. The Army of Steel has marched out of the lower underdark to take back by the sword and axe what the Duergar see as their lost birth right. They have already take possession of several of the other dwarven ruins in the area and now have turn their eye on the last jewel of the south. The walls of Iltkazar are thick and well warded, it's eight gates near impassable but, the cities fate seem long over due.

When the Sleeping King of Iltkazar did not awake on his appointed time the ruling council was unable to come to a connsecess of what to do and so they and the kingdom wait and pray for an answer. With no true leadership, as dwindling population an enemies at the gate the dwarves of Iltkazar seem doomed, but yet there is hope. From far to the south, gold dwarves of the Great Rift have sent an army north to reclaim the glory of old. The armies of Gold and Steel due battle in the deepest parts of Old Shanatar contesting the caverns and ruin halls. But, the Army of Gold is far from home and supply lines are stretched thin and there are other dangers then their dark cousins, drow and mindflayer lurk in the ruin halls too. And not even They friend of the shield dwarves can get in to the city of Iltkazar, for only the king can order the unlocking of the city so that allies can come and go. Their are those on the council of elders that want to break this law and send for add but do so would be the highest of trust pass against their great king.

The idea behind the campaign is that the players start off in side the locked city of Iltkazar and not part of the standing army that defends and maintains the walls and the wards that protect the city. The best thing would be to have all the PCs be dwarves or gnome, maybe have them be members of a rogues guild. (I am still working on that part of the plot) They are asked by one of the council members in secret to adventure out of one of the hidden tunnels to out side the city and try and find help. There have been rumers of the presents of the Army of Gold in the area and their is also the humans of Amn that were once great allies of the dwarves. The party need s to find aid for the city, a way to wake the sleeping king, and find ways to move through the lines of the besieging army to do all this.

I will post more later but I have no time to make a better and more detailed post right now so look for an edit to this post and more comments on this topic from me if you like the short version so far.

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000