Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 Running the Realms
 Question concerning a Paladin/Cleric Build

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
BlackDragonKarameikos Posted - 24 Jan 2010 : 08:18:49
The question I have about the build is this: Does the Paladin/cleric get bonus spells for both classes or just for one of them?

I would think it would just be for one of them as they both use the same Stat to generate bonus spells(i.e. Wisdom).

If they gain bouns spells for both classes that is fine I just wanted to clarify it as this is the first time I have had a player actually try to run this build.

Any input would be appreciated.
5   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Ashe Ravenheart Posted - 25 Jan 2010 : 05:03:38
quote:
Originally posted by Diffan

quote:
Originally posted by Ashe Ravenheart

Well, the 3.5 Paladin is a Wisdom caster, while the Bard is a Charismatic caster. As long as both are high enough, you should get bonuses for them both.

Side Note: Pathfinder changed Paladin's so they are Charisma-based casters, so in Pathfinder rules, the Paladin/Cleric would be hard pressed for bonus spells, while the Paladin/Bard would benefit better.

And yet another instance where Pathfinder has made a better rule for 3E. If only I wasn't so invested with 4th, I'd probably have all the Pathfinder stuff bought already, lol.

Did you know that the PDF for the Pathfinder Core Rulebook (all 500+ glorious pages) is only $9.99? Just sayin'....
Diffan Posted - 25 Jan 2010 : 02:18:56
quote:
Originally posted by Ashe Ravenheart

Well, the 3.5 Paladin is a Wisdom caster, while the Bard is a Charismatic caster. As long as both are high enough, you should get bonuses for them both.

Side Note: Pathfinder changed Paladin's so they are Charisma-based casters, so in Pathfinder rules, the Paladin/Cleric would be hard pressed for bonus spells, while the Paladin/Bard would benefit better.

And yet another instance where Pathfinder has made a better rule for 3E. If only I wasn't so invested with 4th, I'd probably have all the Pathfinder stuff bought already, lol.
Ashe Ravenheart Posted - 24 Jan 2010 : 22:49:21

Alystra Illianniis Posted - 24 Jan 2010 : 21:08:10
Would the same rule apply to a Paladin/Bard? (I have a half-dragon one, and this is a good question on the class combo subject.)
Diffan Posted - 24 Jan 2010 : 08:28:01
Correct. A paladin/cleric with a Wisdom of 16 (+3) would gain one additional 1st, 2nd, and 3rd level bonus Cleric and Paladin spell when they are able to cast spells of that level.

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000