Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 Running the Realms
 Cormyr: A History

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Randal_Dundragon Posted - 03 Nov 2009 : 18:36:00
Hey all i was hoping someone could direct me to a Compiled telling of cormyrian history as well as folk lore and bard tales.

I would like to do a game set in cormyr and seeing how this is going to be my groups first Actual ongoing campaign (we have a hard time sticking to one game/campaign) i want to get it right.

So any info you might have or might no where to obtain i would appreciate it.

P.S by the way would any of you happen to have any suggestions for organizing everything... I'm really bad about that :), Plus i need a good Map of Cormyr, any suggestions.
13   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Randal_Dundragon Posted - 07 Nov 2009 : 21:33:50
Thank you Lady, as always a helpful hand ;). Thanks to everyone else trying to compile everything, and get it all set up.
The Hooded One Posted - 07 Nov 2009 : 16:28:21
And I must add that Ed tells me Garen Thal's reworking of the thus-far-unpublished Royal Lineage of Cormyr makes it a great "overview history" of Cormyr, certainly the best yet compiled. I fervently hope we'll all soon be able to enjoy it.
After that, Ed and Jeff's novel Cormyr: A Novel is your second best bet, and what was said in A Grand History your third.
love,
THO
Randal_Dundragon Posted - 07 Nov 2009 : 01:29:56
Thanks sage, maps kinda hard to read, but it is fairly detailed.
The Sage Posted - 07 Nov 2009 : 01:11:20
quote:
Originally posted by Randal_Dundragon

Thanks all, definitely doing some heavy reading, though i cant seem to find a good close up map of Cormyr Any suggestions.

Yack Tundra once provided a fairly detailed map of Cormyr, here in the Map Room of Candlekeep:- http://www.candlekeep.com/images/gallery/yack_cormyr.jpeg
Randal_Dundragon Posted - 07 Nov 2009 : 01:02:09
Thanks all, definitely doing some heavy reading, though i cant seem to find a good close up map of Cormyr Any suggestions.
Mr_Miscellany Posted - 05 Nov 2009 : 03:18:17
Tidbits of information on the state of Cormyr after the war against Nalavara and the ghazneths, the Goblins of Grodd, the origins of Nalavara the Devil Dragon and Cormyr's efforts to bind her into a demiplanar prison can be found in the adventure Into the Dragon's Lair (TSR11634).
Wooly Rupert Posted - 04 Nov 2009 : 01:21:27
I forgot to mention that Volo's Guide to Cormyr is available as a free download from the Wizards downloads page.

In my opinion, you can't get a better on the ground feel for an area than a Volo's Guide.
The Sage Posted - 03 Nov 2009 : 23:59:56
See also, all editions of the FRCS, Elminster's Daughter, Stormlight, Murder in Cormyr, Crusade, and Haunted Halls of Eveningstar.
The Sage Posted - 03 Nov 2009 : 23:37:30
Really, you can't beat the Ed-lore or Garen-lore that's been posted here at Candlekeep over the years, for historical info about the Forest Kingdom. Outside the published sources mentioned already, they're the most detailed examples. And you can find them all compiled in Ed's scroll [or see the "So Saith Ed" archive URL in my sig] and Brian Cortijo's scroll as well, both in the Chamber of Sages.

Additionally, more of the more significant info has been compiled into this scroll:- http://forum.candlekeep.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=9685
Randal_Dundragon Posted - 03 Nov 2009 : 22:13:42
i did not know that lol, that's actually really cool :)
Brimstone Posted - 03 Nov 2009 : 20:16:51
Ed's Knights of Myth Drannor is set in Cormyr also.
Randal_Dundragon Posted - 03 Nov 2009 : 20:07:01
Alright cool, figured as much but, thanks wooly :). Like i said im really working on this one, Ive got a large group of gaming friends and we switch around game systems alot so were finally trying to settle on one campaign and system.

So im really trying to do this one right.
Wooly Rupert Posted - 03 Nov 2009 : 20:00:05
I'd advise you to seek out the 2E sourcebooks Cormyr and Volo's Guide to Cormyr, plus Cormyr: A Novel.

The novels Beyond the High Road and Death of the Dragon both have good lore in them, too.

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000