Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 Running the Realms
 Early thoughts on an Easting Reach campaign

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Doc Filth Posted - 30 Oct 2009 : 12:06:13
OK, so I just (yesterday) started getting the first ideas down for a campaign set round the Easting Reach. There's no particular reason for choosing that area, save that I've owned The Unapproachable East book pretty much since it was new out and barely used it. Anyway because I work better on these things when I'm not just talking to myself, I thought I'd blog it very roughly as I go along. Indulge me, if you will .

So, what have we got for starters? Well, I think kicking things off in Uthmere is a plan, as it has all the basic requirements for a group of starter-level characters: a seedy dive (The Bloody Hook), a good mercantile influx, and a local powerbase to unwittingly get on the wrong side of (the Shadowmasters). I'm mildly concerned that there's nowhere obvious for a bit of dungeoneering in the immediate vicinty, but there's got to be some ruins from Narfell in the nearer bit of the Rawlinswood that the PCs could cut their teeth on, right?

Two of the (potentially 5) players have generated their characters so far; we've got a Human (Great Dale) Sorcerer, CN, with his skill emphasis on Int and Chr skills, who I see as a native townie, and a Human (Damara) Fighter, also CN, with max ranks in Craft (Weaponsmith), who I reckon has travelled from Damara to ply his trade, although why he came this far and didn't stop in Impiltur is anyone's guess.

As to story ideas, well, I eventually want to make the Rotting Man and his followers the big bad of the campaign, and to introduce them initially when the PCs are 2nd level, with a scenario involving a number of blightspawned animals released (by Shadowmaster agents looking to provide a distraction for something nefarious) into the streets of Uthmere.

Hopefully, when the rest of the players get their characters sorted out, that should provide a bit more inspiration; that's pretty much all I have for now.

Thoughts?

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000