Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 Running the Realms
 The Rumor Mill

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Ashe Ravenheart Posted - 22 Oct 2009 : 19:15:53
I thought up this thread as I was plugging away at conversions of NPCs and such for Pathfinder. Basically, the idea is what kind of rumors/gossip may the adventurers overhear when in various taverns/inns in the Realms?

They may or may not be true. They may or may not lead to adventure, fame and riches. They may even be about your party's adventures! So please, think up some of your best gossip that might be making the rounds and post it here. (and, for those posting, please indicate what time frame the rumor best suits)

(4th Edition/Post Spellplague rumors)
"I heard it from Tum, the miller's boy, who overheard one of those adventurin' types! A dragon's hoard was found in the Deep Maw just outside Oreme. The adventurer was looking to stock up on salt, saying it was the one weakness of the creature still protectin' it."

"I swear on me mum's eyes! I was coming back with the caravan from Shadowdale and we had picked up this pregnant lass wandering on the side of the road. She was taller than Daf and had silver hair that fell to her ankles, just like in the old stories! We shared our meal and camp with her, but when we woke in the morning, she was gone! All that we found was a small silver harp that plays faintly when you say 'ethena'"

"It's only three miles outside of town, a little ways west of where the road turns south. I, for one, won't go anywhere near it! It looks just like any ordinary well, but they say when you draw the bucket up, it's filled with strange purple goo. Gurt says that it will heal all ills, but Vemjin told me that it's the exact opposite."
1   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Knight of the Gate Posted - 23 Oct 2009 : 06:24:20
This is an odd bit of synchronicity; I was about to start a thread called 'current clack' on the same topic- very odd. Here are my off-the-cuff attempts
(1370's)
- Numerous towns and freeholds in the area of Battledale have seen individuals skilled in ironwork go missing in the past tenday. Not only blacksmiths, but farriers, miners, and smelters skilled at steeling the iron have turned up missing, with no signs of struggle or malfeasance. Some say that there is a bandit 'lord' who is kidnapping these people to turn out arms, armor and tools for his growing group of miscreants. Others insist that it's punishment from Gond, who is angered that most of these folk don't pay more than lip-service to the Wonderbringer
- A schism seems to have erupted amongst the Kelemvorite clergy of Damara- the clergy in the west (based in Bloodstone gap, but also within Vaasa) are outraged that the Eastern clergy (based in Heiliogabalus) has recieved envoys from the Risen Sun heretics, and intends to build a dual temple to both the Lord of the Dead and Aumaunator called 'The House of the Setting Sun'. The Western clergy have appealed to Ireabor, asking that knights of the Eternal Order be dispatched to deal with this 'heresy' and are worried that this may cause a break with the church of Lathander.
- Though she has long stated her intent to remain unwed, the Steel Regent of Cormyr may be in secret talks with the soon-to-be crowned King of Impiltur to wed and unite these two great Royal houses. Some in Impiltur say that the boy-king is to be wed and sent off to Cormyr to prevent his assassination, while some in Cormyr say that the act is designed to put one of Alusair's children on the Dragon Throne, usurping the infant Azoun V.

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000