Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 Running the Realms
 Political intrigue rules

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Rhewtani Posted - 07 Oct 2009 : 21:10:46
I have a player who will be out of state for 9 months to, well, forever. He's got some existing characters that are involved in politics and I'd like to find a system-based way to allow him some interaction with the world while he's gone. As it stands, the primary character is a council member in Phlan, so there's politics (and assassinations), but nothing large scale. I'd love to see something that scales up.

Let me know,

Rhew
4   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Kiaransalyn Posted - 13 Oct 2009 : 18:31:02
quote:
Originally posted by Rhewtani

I have a player who will be out of state for 9 months to, well, forever. He's got some existing characters that are involved in politics and I'd like to find a system-based way to allow him some interaction with the world while he's gone. As it stands, the primary character is a council member in Phlan, so there's politics (and assassinations), but nothing large scale. I'd love to see something that scales up.

Although he's out of state he's presumably not out of contact. Why not have him write E-mails in the voice of his primary character, whom you have travel away from Phlan on a business trip. Merchants and powerful people often have reasons to be away. Your friend's E-mails could represent the letters of his main character.

Things to determine:
- How many days does it take for his letter to arrive (1 d10)
- Did his letter arrive unopened? If not, who read it?
- Is his letter unaltered?

- Who replies back?
- Can he be certain the reply is genuine?

- Will he use a mage to cast Sending, etc? If so, how reliable is the mage? Will he consider the information saleable?

- Can he employ someone to scry?

Sources that may be of use: Business income in DMG 2 (3rd Edn) and The Power of Faerūn.
Quale Posted - 12 Oct 2009 : 07:53:25
If dm wants it to happen it happens
Knight of the Gate Posted - 09 Oct 2009 : 07:14:03
I STRONGLY recommend the (now out of print, but very available) Game of Thrones d20 from Guardians of Order. It has a comprehensive system utilizing a confluence of Reputation, Influence, and Resources. It's one of the many reasons why it is one of my most-valued gaming books.
The Sage Posted - 08 Oct 2009 : 00:36:43
You might find something of use in the "Order in the Court" chapter of Power of Faerūn.

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000