Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 Running the Realms
 Most important schools of magic in Faerun

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Zarro Posted - 03 Oct 2009 : 10:02:39
Hello,

I'm looking for the name and the location of the most important schools of magic in Faerun (i.e. the School of the War Wizards of Cormyr).

One more thing: I want to create an organization called "The council of the Nine" in Faerun similar to the Circle of Eight in Greyhawk. The goal of the Council will be to control and to balance the use of magic. Considering this, which are the 9 Faerun wizards you would include?

Thanks for your help guys!
Zarro from Italy
6   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Marquant Volker Posted - 05 Oct 2009 : 14:36:19
Perhaps Semmemon could fit into such a group, he is tricky, and have a bad reputation, of course he is not as powerfull as the others mentioned
Quale Posted - 04 Oct 2009 : 16:58:27
two Dukar schools (or three) in Myth Nantar and one secret one at Qatoris

New Olamn in Waterdeep
Sandro Posted - 04 Oct 2009 : 10:49:35
quote:
Originally posted by Zarro

One more thing: I want to create an organization called "The council of the Nine" in Faerun similar to the Circle of Eight in Greyhawk. The goal of the Council will be to control and to balance the use of magic. Considering this, which are the 9 Faerun wizards you would include?

The only problem I see with this is that you'd have to include some baddies to keep the opinions balanced (just as there must be good gods and bad gods, there must be good magi and bad magi), and I can't really imagine how you'd tempt Larloch, Halaster, or even Szass or Manshoon to come to these council meetings.
Nicolai Withander Posted - 03 Oct 2009 : 12:45:58
Well... In silverrymoon there is The Lady's Acadamy, Everdusk Hall and Chamber of the Sages. These 3 are all good plases to stody magic. Not so much Everdusk Hall as the acadamy but still something that is worth a look. There is a Magic shcool in Waterdeep aswell, but I cant remember the name. And then there is a school in Myth-Drannor. Again I dont have my tomes close by at the moment but others might have the knowledge to fill in the names.

The Nine: The Srinshee, Simbul, Elminster, Khelben, Alustriel, Taern Hornblade. Those are some of the people I would choose!
Zarro Posted - 03 Oct 2009 : 10:25:59
Sorry, I'm talking before the Spellplague.

Zarro.
Marquant Volker Posted - 03 Oct 2009 : 10:06:56
Sylverymoon has a magical academy, Lady Alustriel is one of the Seven sisters and the ruler of the city.

I think Taern Hornblade is the Grandmaster of the school. and then came the spellplague...

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000