Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 Running the Realms
 1st/2nd ed New Moonshae Campaign

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Apex Posted - 16 Aug 2009 : 18:39:50
I am going to be starting a new campaign in the Moonshaes soon. I am dating it to 1344DR (the year before Darkwalker on Moonshae). Anyone have any ideas on beginning adventures for a 1st level party in the Moonshaes and how to incorporate them into the Darkwalker War?
11   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Afetbinttuzani Posted - 18 Dec 2009 : 17:14:48
quote:
Originally posted by Thauramarth

quote:
Originally posted by Afetbinttuzani

Where there any adventure modules set in the Moonshaes?

Cheers,

Not sure about 3rd Ed, but for 2nd Ed, there was FA1-Halls of the High King, which was set just after the Time of Troubles.

Thanks for the tip.
crazedventurers Posted - 17 Dec 2009 : 12:20:32
quote:
Originally posted by Thauramarth
Not sure about 3rd Ed, but for 2nd Ed, there was FA1-Halls of the High King, which was set just after the Time of Troubles.

Which is a must buy.

This is how all sourcebook/module should have been, a cracking adventure with lots of hooks within it and pages of lore and future adventure posibilites and lots of other DM goodies (NPC backgrounds, spells, monsters, clack, cults etc etc etc).

If you only buy one thing from a previous edition this is the one.

Ahhh can you imagine how good the Haunted Halls product would have been had been a 64/96 page product rather than a 32?

Hats off to Ed for cramming so much into the Halls of the High King

Cheers

Damian
Thauramarth Posted - 17 Dec 2009 : 07:03:06
quote:
Originally posted by Afetbinttuzani

Cheers,

Afetbinttuzani Posted - 17 Dec 2009 : 03:28:00

Cheers,
Thauramarth Posted - 16 Dec 2009 : 22:08:45
quote:
Originally posted by Rhewtani

I know there's an adventure from Dungeon that involves protecting dog-sled carried supplies over a dangerous route. The cover was dark blue and had an ice creature on it.

That would be "Mertylmane's Road", in Dungeon Magazine #76.
Rhewtani Posted - 16 Dec 2009 : 18:43:59
I know there's an adventure from Dungeon that involves protecting dog-sled carried supplies over a dangerous route. The cover was dark blue and had an ice creature on it.
froglegg Posted - 13 Dec 2009 : 04:28:31
Get your hands on the "Old Grey Box" if you can. It can help with the feel of the realms at that time and I know that if you are a true realms fan, that you would love it!

John
Jorkens Posted - 20 Aug 2009 : 17:13:18
Of the top of my head:

Are the players going to use Ffolk or northmen? A mixed group would have to deal with the attitudes of both cultural groups.

Raids from one group or the other might be an idea and a good way of bringing the group together. Especially if the raiders are themselves attached by sahuagin or firbolgs, forcing the two groups to cooperate.

Zealots of foreign gods willing to do anything to convert the worshippers of the Earth mother might be a good idea, especially if they are worshippers of a non-evil god, thereby giving the players some unforeseen opponents.

A Faerie Dragon trick can lead to the players being lost in the interior of Myrloc's Vale or even in the plane of faerie.

A trader in books arrives in town and starts kidnapping people for the slave markets of the south. I seam to remember a parchment-like creature called Palimpsest (I think) that can capture people inside itself. He/she might also be an agent of the Shadow thieves looking for a new base to operate from.

Many of the minor kingdoms that were destroyed during the wars might be a good setting. Here you can mix court intrigues with the hints of Bhaal's agents starting their work.

A good idea might be to get your hands on FA1 Halls of the High King and plunder it for adventure ideas. The module itself is for mid-levels, but there is more than enough rumours and minor plots you can work into low level adventures.
Auzoros Posted - 18 Aug 2009 : 16:27:52
bladeinAmn has some great ideas there. I would add, grab yourself a copy of the 2e Villians Handbook and Heroes Handbook (sorry if those titles are incorrect. I have them boxed away ready to move house)for all the info of the NPCs from the Monnshae novels. That is if you don't have them already.
bladeinAmn Posted - 17 Aug 2009 : 22:48:46
I figure for lvls 1-3,

-a single, drunk, Tempus worshipping, very strong, broadsword wielding, berserker Northeman is goin on a vicious rampage in the neighborhood of the party

-a would-be plesant night of taking the lady to the tavern becomes a collective drunken stupor of a barfight, w/everyone against everyone!

-Nelanther pirates have crashed the bay, and are running amock all throughout the city (think the scenes near the beginning of the first PotC movie, but w/o the pirates being curst variants!!)

-A bunch of inventory from the local adventuring store was stolen by pirates, whose docked ship was stolen from a legit trading priokos (and thus the pirates are pretending to be of that priokos). The local authorities won't help, due to the store owner being falsely accused of 'crying wolf' in times past + the legitimacy of what the pirates appear to be, thus the store owner needs ppl who he can trust to get his stuff back, before the ship leaves the island!

-an "accidental" murder at an archery shooting range that oughta be investigated, prefaced by a backstory, and battle that ensued prior to the murder

-a local butcher's hunter employee has gotten sick, and supply is low, and thus the butcher puts up an "Adventuring Help Wanted" sign up, and the party responds. The task is to go to the moor NW of Caer Corwell to hunt game

-while on the hunt, the party encounters a lone, very badly injured, outcast firbolg giant, who is nigh unto death and in need of immediate aid.

And b/c firbolg giants live in the enchanted Myrloch Vale, you can decide how to (eventually) get the party involved in the Darkwalker War, therafter deciding the backstory of the injured firbolg giant that the party encounters.

Tyr Posted - 16 Aug 2009 : 19:26:51
Could always start them off as a patrol or caravan guard, maybe do a couple of trips involving northmen raids or some smaller incidents that tie into the events in the novels.

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000