Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 Running the Realms
 Maps

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Dantrag Posted - 23 Jun 2003 : 18:50:18
Does anyone know of a site with a full map of Faerun? It would really be a great help to me...
9   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
The Sage Posted - 26 Jun 2003 : 12:18:42
I know. I emailed them to find out the problem. They told me their server had just gone down during the day on the 24th. They are presently trying to find a new server to host their site.

Bookwyrm Posted - 25 Jun 2003 : 17:23:45
The first site you mentioned on here, the one I noted was down, is not up again. However, I have to say that the map of Toril is only good if all you want is just the shape of the land. Rather, the shorelines. No mountains, no desserts, no forrests. The same map is in the main library.
The Sage Posted - 25 Jun 2003 : 15:27:04
I forgot to mention that the Perilous Gateways, and Rand's Travelogue columns on the FR site have many detailed maps of the Realms, most taken directly from the FRCS.

Here's the latest articles of Perilous Gateways and Rand's Travelogue. Simply click on the archive section of the articles to access the different areas covered. They provide good, detailed regional FR maps.

Good learning...

- The Sage of Perth: For all your Realmslore needs

The Sage Posted - 24 Jun 2003 : 12:25:24
That's strange. When I first recorded the url to link in this scroll, I made a check of the site, to see if the bookmark I had still worked. The site loaded up 2 hours ago. Maybe they are experiencing some problems.

And as for the second shop, you can download the maps, if you want copies of them.

Bookwyrm Posted - 24 Jun 2003 : 12:07:46
Looks like you need a new edition of that tome, Sage. The first shop appears to be closed (or at least no one's answering the bell) and the second (a wonderful place I already had in my own book) doesn't actually have the maps of Faerun -- just the smaller versions. If you try to unfurl the scrolls, it seems to activate an arcane lock. It does have the map of Cormanthyr, but only in pieces.

Fortunately, the shop I referred to earlier has the first two in stock. Or at least they did last I checked.
The Sage Posted - 24 Jun 2003 : 11:39:05
::The Sage removes a blue rimmed leather tome from one of the shelves in the library, and hands it to Dantrag::

An old tome I possess makes mention of several interesting locales where information such as you are looking for, can be found.

This is a selection of maps concerning the most important regional areas of the Realms

This site contains the original map from the 'Ol Grey Boxed-Sets

May all your learning be free and unfettered

Bookwyrm Posted - 24 Jun 2003 : 06:55:31
Well, a simple scry spell ("Map of Faerun") yielded this little shop down the road. It looks like they have the same map there (second one from the door) but at a lower size. I didn't download it, but it looks like what you're looking for.
Dantrag Posted - 23 Jun 2003 : 21:28:22
Thanks for the information Bookwyrm... where do you think i can download it?
Bookwyrm Posted - 23 Jun 2003 : 20:44:22
I have one in a PDF format, but I got that on a CD from Artalis. I'm sure there would be a place to download it. (It's 8MB, so I can't email it, sorry.)

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000